Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 90

Author Topic: @)~~}~ Magia Exquisitis! ~{~~(@  (Read 115083 times)

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: @)~~}~ Magia Exquisitis! ~{~~(@
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2012, 12:42:23 am »

This is exactly the sort of discussion that I like to see, in or out of character. Magic is this great unknown. You never quite understand it all, not even with your own talents and skills. There will be a huge element of secrecy about it, your character sheets will be sent to each of you via pm in private. What you choose to reveal about the details will be up to you.

One of the overarching goals of this game should be to learn about magic. Be it from experimentation, Exploration into ruins to find ancient records, or negotiating with a local druid to pry a few pages out of the nature manipulator's mystical tome, etc. And there's nothing saying you can't steal info if you manage to figure out the details and luck is on your side with rolls.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2012, 10:29:33 am »

Hey. If you want to roll and PM the other guys stat lines to me, I can write them up when I get back from class.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2012, 11:14:56 am »

Hmm, WS invited me. :P

Dose this work? Tell me if you need any more definition, I could certainly write more.

Name: Kathryn Lynch
Physical Appearance: A medium build, 5 foot even woman, with deep set dark blue (some would even say purple, but tha'ts impossible, right?) eyes and fair Caucasian skin-her hair is cut short, drifting down not even enough to lightly touch her shoulders-Kathryn's hair is a vibrant, natural seeming shade of light purple. She would probably be called more cute than beautiful-no supermodel, but she looks good for sure. Kathryn's left hand is heavily scarred-as if by fire-but fully functional, and she usually favors a utilitarian looking brown or black glove over it. Commonly, she wears her clothes conservative and comfortable, preferring her favorite light purple coat over black undershirt-pairing with worn in blue jeans.

--
Magical Style: Kathryn's own magic style uses vocal invocations-she associates the magic she learns with a language she has passing knowledge in, Irish-which she learned as a child, and abandoned up till now. Even fragmentary, the act of believing the words have power to her is enough for them to generate the harmonic magical forces locked within her mind and body.

Focus: Kathryn tends to focus on Water as her element of choice-it has strong connotations to her childhood, and she associates it with strength and family.

Mundane Skills: Kathryn is a private investigator and, as such, her skill set pertains to Athletics (lots of running, swimming, hiking and climbing you know) and Negotiation, useful to charm, bluff or intimidate information from a reluctant mark-she's also got skills in Stealth, useful when blending into a crowd, evading angry cabbies, or doing a little skull duggery.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 12:10:27 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2012, 11:33:41 am »

Looks good to me.

Stats sent Weird.

Also, for those interested or wanting to work on their pog, The server will be up for most of the day today, but there is no requirement for anyone to log in until tonight(and I'll probably take it down and restart my comp once we get closer to actual session time). I don't know if we will have a full session tonight or not, but at the very least we may have a combat demo or the like.

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2012, 12:33:40 pm »

There is a (slim) chance I'll still be awake, mind if I come watch?
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2012, 02:52:33 pm »

There is a (slim) chance I'll still be awake, mind if I come watch?

I don't think there's any issue with that. Feel Free.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2012, 06:33:27 pm »

Spoiler: proposed inventory (click to show/hide)
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2012, 06:52:45 pm »

Alright, Inventory!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 06:56:27 pm by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2012, 07:02:24 pm »

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2012, 08:20:58 pm »

« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 09:46:12 pm by Criptfeind »

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2012, 08:36:23 pm »

Alrighty, the server is rebooted and ready for whatever we end up doing tonight.

Grek if you read this, I believe you are the only one who hasn't connected to the Maptool server. If you have issues let me know. Standard game time is in about 20 mins as of this post. (10pm EST, monday nights)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 08:38:08 pm by Haika »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2012, 09:55:17 pm »

By the way, since it will most likely come up in the future, can I get a short synapses on Terraphidite? Like personality?

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2012, 09:59:56 pm »

You have talked to her twice. She comes across as warm and motherly. So far she is mostly concerned with your development as a mage, and hasn't asked anything of you. She hasn't told you anything about herself except who and what she is, and where she is from.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2012, 12:39:43 am »

How the Forum Game Portion will Work:

Divide your actions, spells, and experiments into a 12 hour day. Assume that you have an additional few hours to take care of mundane tasks such as eating and the like. You will be given a bonus or penalty to your roll based on time allotted to your action. We will roll and process as many of these days as we can.

Calculate your own mod for each action you give us. Figure out what stat you are using (Haika should have a handy post on that soon). On a 0-10, that Stat produces a -20 mod. On a 11-20, the stat produces a -10 mod. On a 21-30 the stat produces no mod. On a 31-40 the stat produces a +10 mod. On a 41+ the stat produces a +20 mod.
-Add +5 to the mod if the action falls within your focus.
-Add +5 to the mod if any of your personal limitations imply that you get a bonus on the action.
-Add +10 to the mod if you you are using one of your declared mundane skills.
-Add +10 to the mod if you are casting a spell that the GMs have declared that your character is comfortable with.
-Add +20 to the mod if you are casting a spell that the GMs have declared that you have mastered.

Kestrel will post three jobs an in game week. Every real-world Monday we will get on maptools and do the mission. Kestrel will instantly replace a job that is completed. You can pay Kestrel 400 bucks, and he will add an additional job to the list. He takes requests for specific types of work.

Feel free to vote on the job you want well before Monday, so that we have time to prepare.

Jobs Posted for Week 1: (Days 1-7)
Hidden Curriculum: A local school is plagued by sightings of monsters and the vanishing of students. Kestrel can get you an appointment to investigate.
Fouled Out: Blake Joey, the all-star shortstop for the San Deigo Padres is actually a Performance Mage. He is becoming too flashy and obvious with his magical cheating and needs to be killed or forcibly removed from the country.
Last Rites: One of the recently deceased Archmages was careless enough to live in a regular house known to the government. It might... beneficial if you can get there and clean it up before Uncle Sam figures out that he is dead.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 12:47:55 am by Weirdsound »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2012, 07:00:19 am »

~Kathryn, 1st Day/Week? Schedule~

4 Hours/Practicing Water Effects (Connection: 32, at +10 Mod...final, +10)
Kathryn generally found the company of Halbrand more than sufficient for practice-she liked him already-but she also tended to 'perform' her magic during meal times, when everyone could watch. The first days, Kathryn practiced moving water, as she often did.

4 Hours/Exercise (Body: 40, at +10 Mod, +10 for mundane skill...final, +20)
Lifting weights, doing push-ups, sweating and playing her music loud (much to the chagrin of her neighbors in the nearby rooms, like Adrian, she preferred the Soundtrack from Rocky I-IV) was a great way to burn off the tension she had been feeling lately.

4 Hours/Firearm Practice (Body: 40, at +10 Mod...final, +10)
Kathryn spent some her money on extra clips for her Colt 45., set up a bullseye target in the nearby forest, and blasted away.

Later, she looked over the jobs with a careful eye. She was fairly disturbed by one of them.

"...we should do the school job, first. That's my vote. Evil shit going after kids now...Jesus Christ.

Assuming it's not a dead end, we need to put a stop to it."

Kathryn Job Votes for: Hidden Curriculum: A local school is plagued by sightings of monsters and the vanishing of students. Kestrel can get you an appointment to investigate.

((Well, tell me if I did this right! :P ))
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 10:15:17 am by Dwarmin »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 90