Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 90

Author Topic: @)~~}~ Magia Exquisitis! ~{~~(@  (Read 115084 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: @)~~}~ Magia Exquisitis! ~{~~(@
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2012, 09:14:50 am »

Looks almost good. You don't get your focus bonus on practicing water effects. Focus bonus is for experimentation only. If you wanted to stand near water and try some new words, or try slightly modifying the procedures for an existing water spell, that would be experimentation. but I don't have time for that right now.

Of course you may have an issue if Cryptfiend doesn't want to watch you practice for an hour.

Other than those issues, your post is perfect.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2012, 09:26:58 am »

I was violently ill all of Monday and couldn't make the session. Shouldn't be a problem from here on out, though. Anyone mind filling me in on what I missed? Also, starting the server up so I can confirm my ability to log on. And apparently we're supposed to have an inventory? If so, here's mine:

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Will decide what my actions are going to be soonish.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2012, 09:29:21 am »

You basicly just missed a tour of the house. Haika can send you the logs if you want to catch up on the details.

Inventory is OK.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2012, 09:42:58 am »

I do not have a issue with watching her really. I can just practice my own magic at the same time.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2012, 09:58:27 am »

You basicly just missed a tour of the house. Haika can send you the logs if you want to catch up on the details.

Inventory is OK.

That'd be great.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2012, 09:59:49 am »

Anyways, I'm leaving and wont be back until the evening. Feel free to ask Haika questions once he wakes up.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2012, 11:16:11 am »

Day one Schedule:

10 Hours / Casting Magic Detector on the smartphone. (Knowledge at 41, at +20 mod. Final mod is at +20.)
After Kestral's orientation, Adrian figured that he'd should get a magic detecting device operating soon, escpecially due to the comment made by him alluding to the fact that the group happens to be the de-facto mage police, and the fact it's more than likely that there would be summoned servants and the like.

2 Hours / Coding practice/experimentation (Uses knowledge?)
After remembering the code used in a couple of his other spells, Adrian decided to start to experiment with different arragements and codes.

Job vote: Hidden Curriculum.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2012, 01:25:15 pm »

Day 1:

2 hours: Get a lock from Kestrel and claim a cell for myself. Make the magic circles and leave papers with Terraphidite’s secret symbol on them to bake in the cell. (+20 from 45 knowledge) +20
Henry was a bit worried about how violent this new job might be, although he was not much in a fight he wanted to be able to at least help his team. To that end he found a tucked away place and started brewing up some spells...

8 hours: Work on improving my awakened clay. Trying to get them to last longer, or be smarter, or stronger. (+20 from 45 knowledge, +5 from focus) +25
Although they were quite fun to make and watch Herny felt that his clay dolls were not really going to be useful in the state they currently were in. But perhaps if they could last longer, or be able to do more complex tasks he might be able to come up with a way to have them help him in his new job.

2 hours: Work on a coming up with another ritual, try to get something that allows me to control earth. (+20 from 45 knowledge, +5 from focus) +25
After eight hours of working with awakened clay Henry was ready for a break. Kicking off his shoes he went to the indoor garden and sat down next to a patch of dirt. Thinking over all that he has learned  in the past month he starts thinking of other possibilities...

"Yeah. I agree. If something is preying on children that should be our number one priority."

Vote: Hidden Curriculum

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2012, 03:47:43 pm »

2 hours - exercise[-10]
Getting in shape seems like a requirement for this line of work.
6 hours: experiment(focus +5)(mundane skill +10)[final mod +15]
The idea was simple. While holding an offensive stance using his right arm, make an arrow float above the tip of the middle finger, then have a small motion of the fingers propel the arrow forward. It all came down to getting it to work.
4 hours - read books on magic lying around[+10]
I should probably learn how magic has been since before I started using it.

"I'll help in the school, I haven't had a chance to use live targets yet. I won't be sticking around long though, I plan on taking out that Blake guy as soon as we're done. Alone, unless someone objects to that."

Vote(group) Hidden Curriculum
Vote(solo(?)) Fouled Out
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2012, 04:24:17 pm »

"What do you mean? Just go in there and kill him? Don't you think a peaceful resolution should be at least looked for?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2012, 04:32:54 pm »

Kathryn for a moment.

"I'd rather not kill him, either.

But, if our sweet little secret of magic gets out...a lot more people are going to die. Us, probably. I get a feeling he's not going to listen to reason, or warnings-he probably figured no ones watching him anymore. I'll volunteer to go and try to talk him out of it, anyway.

The worst part is I can understand where he's coming from. The urge to cheat must be tremendous, he's got to be under pressure to perform, all the time. That makes it easy.

If we can't convince him otherwise-that leaves it up to kidnapping, if we don't want blood on our hands. Unless someone had a fourth option."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2012, 04:57:09 pm »

Having read the log of the last session, I have 2 questions for Kestrel. Will pay for them if needed, but would prefer to have asked them during the tour:

1. Do you need that ghost downstairs for anything?
2. What all is growing in the gardens?

Also, I'm assuming I'm the SOL/JWF person who doesn't get a nice office?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2012, 05:15:51 pm »

I dunno, I took the office on the other side of the mansion over the forge and across the hall from my room. I'm a bit further away from the rest of the rooms, but it works for me. I think that still means that there are only three nice offices to the four people who have not claimed one yet, but... I'm not standing in your way.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 08, 2012, 06:03:21 pm »

Kestrel gives Ariel a brief, private, tour. Since he is giving a newcomer a tour he figures that Sapphire will be okay if he just bills her for the girls questions. Between giving the tour, and some creepy flirting, Kestrel gives Ariel the following answers:

"The Ghoul? Once it is big and revolting enough I'm gonna dump it in the river and see if it can deal with that Kappa infestation. Kestrel hates Kappas. They are conspiring with the Jap he thinks. Conspiring to make Kestrel MISERABLE!"

"The garden? right now Kestrel is growing baby carrots, ironweed from Dis, and pussbulbs. There are also Coral Snakes being raised for their venom. If you get bit, let Kestrel know before the venom kills you. It is much less of a mess to fix you before you die."
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 01:26:22 pm by Weirdsound »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 08, 2012, 07:24:31 pm »

Just waiting on your turn Grek. If you get it up in time, I may roll the actions after Pokemon while the server is still up for that.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 90