Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What do you think of the mining drop rate changes?

I really like the new system.
- 127 (35%)
Better than before, but more needs to be done.
- 93 (25.6%)
It doesn't make a difference to me.
- 41 (11.3%)
The changes don't really address my issues.
- 6 (1.7%)
I don't like it at all.
- 35 (9.6%)
I have mixed feelings on the matter.
- 61 (16.8%)

Total Members Voted: 362

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]

Author Topic: Mining Drop Rate Change: Good or Bad?  (Read 59505 times)

loose nut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mining Drop Rate Change: Good or Bad?
« Reply #210 on: July 04, 2012, 12:56:02 pm »

Also, sorry if this has been mentioned, but from what I can see in my game, platinum is a 100% drop.

I have one fort with clusters of cassiterite, and it seems to be a 100% drop as well, so maybe the 100% drop applies to anything that can appear in clusters and not just veins? I don't know. Has anyone run across aluminum?

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 04, 2012, 04:25:54 pm »

I think its based on how its placed, not the actual type.  My small platinum deposits are 100% drop rate, while the native silver and cassiterite veins are both 25% drop for me in my current fort.

Of course, all of this is bonus, since I apparently embarked on a literal hill of magnetite,  bituminous coal and chalk.  Nothing quite like having steel weapons, helms and mail for your dwarves before the first winter.  I'm almost not sure what to do with all this, its been so long since I've had "easy" steel production. ;)
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 04, 2012, 04:29:37 pm »

A disproportionally large steel armed army of course.

loose nut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 04, 2012, 05:24:40 pm »

Also steel furniture. Flaunt your wealth with steel cabinets!

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 05, 2012, 12:38:11 am »

Also steel furniture. Flaunt your wealth with steel cabinets!
That's basically my plan. I've got 10 steel sarcophagi, 3 with dwarves in them. Once i get a few other things sorted i was planning more steel furniture.
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 05, 2012, 12:58:04 am »

Steel statues.  If they come out depicting anything other than your steel-clad military being badass, or your smith crafting prior steel statues of particular excellence, melt 'em down and make 'em again.
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.

UristMcWanderer

• Bay Watcher
  • *strangle gargle choke*
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 11, 2012, 05:03:26 pm »

Build a DeadIron-style vault out of your steel into the mountain. Make a lot of electrical-like systems in it, like levers and floodgates to refill the reservoir with water from the river, or the bridge airlock system in the entrance, etc. That kinda stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]