Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 58

Author Topic: Let's try this again: Computerized empire-builder game (Is this the endgame?)  (Read 98333 times)

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
Re: Let's try this again: Computerized empire-builder game (Things are exciting!)
« Reply #555 on: September 14, 2012, 06:01:45 pm »

Yeah, but it also requires A) A pop 6 city (which Sheb doesn't have) B) Like 4 supporting building that all require quite a lot of stone and regent (problems for both Irony and Sheb), C) Like 4 turns to build those supporting buildings (and far more if you don't already have a pop 6 city) and most importantly D) ALL FLYING UNITS SHALL FALL BENEATH THE MIGHT OF MY (EVENTUAL) SKY KNIGHTS!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 06:03:22 pm by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's try this again: Computerized empire-builder game (Things are exciting!)
« Reply #556 on: September 14, 2012, 07:43:46 pm »

Balance question: Why does the inspiration building for iron/horses give 2 iron, while the inspiration building for regents gives only 1 regent?
I could see if regents were significantly rarer, but the ratio (at least on this map) is 9 iron/horse to 7 regent sources, and getting regent is significantly easier (since you don't need to build a building to get it, and thus don't need a city anywhere nearby). I could see if it was significantly more expensive to build the iron/horse buildings (inspiration wise, since you don't really care about the minor costs of the other buildings while building a 30 inspiration building), but as it is it seems that it's a little unbalanced.
As a matter of fact, I have already concluded that resource gathering is screwy, and intend to change all resource tiles and inspiration buildings to 1/turn. I also intend to double all wood costs - I want it to be easy to get enough wood with a little effort; it's currently more like "you get more wood than you could possibly use without even trying". Far too late to do that in this game, though. The original reasoning was that reagents were a more valuable resource, and easier to do without, but...

Yeah, but it also requires A) A pop 6 city (which Sheb doesn't have) B) Like 4 supporting building that all require quite a lot of stone and regent (problems for both Irony and Sheb), C) Like 4 turns to build those supporting buildings (and far more if you don't already have a pop 6 city) and most importantly D) ALL FLYING UNITS SHALL FALL BENEATH THE MIGHT OF MY (EVENTUAL) SKY KNIGHTS!
Six buildings and a turn spent growing to size 6, by my count.

Edit: Oh, I guess I should auto Sheb again...
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 07:46:52 pm by Vanigo »

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: September 14, 2012, 08:13:38 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Game state

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: September 14, 2012, 09:52:43 pm »

We are doing this. Also, thank you for autoing Sheb, Vanigo- you just made my life a whole lot easier, in a way.

No, seriously, thank you.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: September 14, 2012, 11:05:47 pm »

Yeehs, I don't think that you should have autoed him two turns in a row (although he did give you permission I guess).

I want to trade Kash 9 iron for 15 reagents.

Also, the request for the stone is still open if anyone is willing to trade (looking at you doomblade, since you are the only one with stone reserves).
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 11:10:26 am by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: September 14, 2012, 11:09:54 pm »

I would like to trade stone for food or money. If your are agreeable to this, please tell me your rate.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: September 14, 2012, 11:20:05 pm »

3 food each or 4.5 money each.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: September 14, 2012, 11:30:14 pm »

5 stone for food, 4 stone for money. Deal?

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: September 14, 2012, 11:34:45 pm »

So you will trade me:
5 stone for 15 food and 4 stone for 18 money?
If that is what you are saying then deal.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: September 14, 2012, 11:39:41 pm »

Yes, that is what I am proposing. I accept.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: September 14, 2012, 11:46:09 pm »

Vanigo, I wish to trade doomblade 15 food and 18 money for 9 stone.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: September 15, 2012, 07:38:45 am »

Spoiler: Empire of Tesunad (click to show/hide)

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: September 15, 2012, 04:35:35 pm »

We are doing this. Also, thank you for autoing Sheb, Vanigo- you just made my life a whole lot easier, in a way.

No, seriously, thank you.
Oh, don't worry; thanks to my understanding of the combat mechanics, I know how to make it harder again. It's completely crazy and you will never guess it. Probably can't win that battle, but you're going to take way more damage than you expect.

Unless Sheb comes back and doesn't ask for advice, anyway.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: September 15, 2012, 04:53:05 pm »

?? I knew that the battle was a bit harder than I expected when I tested it, but can you PM me how after the fact? I won't change my orders.

EDIT: On second hand, don't. I'll figure it out.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 04:57:04 pm by Doomblade187 »

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: September 16, 2012, 02:03:29 am »

I CALL THEE BY THY NAME, IRONYOWL, IRONYOWL, IRONYOWL. THRICE THEE HAVE BEEN CALLED, AND THRICE THEE HAVE BEEN SUMMONED, I COMPEL THEE COME AND POST THY TURN.

Doom, the battle isn't in the bag for you *quite* yet.
You will probably win (unless what Vanigo does is smart enough to get your units dead), but the first time I ran it you lost quite noticeably (he had 5 units left, and I didn't even do anything clever like Vanigo is planning on).

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 58