Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 58

Author Topic: Let's try this again: Computerized empire-builder game (Is this the endgame?)  (Read 98335 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: Let's try this again: Computerized empire-builder game (Things are exciting!)
« Reply #570 on: September 16, 2012, 04:50:23 pm »

Yeah, it's actually pretty even. I've run it three times, and it whoever wins will have around 5 units left.

EDIT: IronyOwl, we need your turn still.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Let's try this again: Computerized empire-builder game (Things are exciting!)
« Reply #571 on: September 16, 2012, 06:52:12 pm »

Me again?

Spoiler: Kingdom of Tarr (click to show/hide)

Man, I didn't even do anything this round. Again.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: September 16, 2012, 07:36:08 pm »

Me again?

Spoiler: Kingdom of Tarr (click to show/hide)

Man, I didn't even do anything this round. Again.

Start Claiming the Sea!  Maybe that will cut down on your stockpile and allow you to create fishing villages.  That is, If you haven't already...
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: September 16, 2012, 07:37:45 pm »

Actually, it's been a week; I should probably wait for Sheb this time.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: September 16, 2012, 07:39:10 pm »

Question:  Rather than autoing people, could I create a turn for them?
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: September 16, 2012, 07:40:43 pm »

Start Claiming the Sea!  Maybe that will cut down on your stockpile and allow you to create fishing villages.  That is, If you haven't already...
Claiming tiles requires population, not labor. Improving them does cost labor, but you can only do that within range of your cities.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: September 16, 2012, 07:45:37 pm »

Claiming tiles requires population, not labor. Improving them does cost labor, but you can only do that within range of your cities.

Then Upgrade and Build Cities near everywhere in your territory...

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: September 16, 2012, 07:59:18 pm »

Building cities costs population also, and there isn't a lot of "everywhere" left in what I already own.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: September 16, 2012, 08:10:35 pm »

Building cities costs population also, and there isn't a lot of "everywhere" left in what I already own.

I have yet to look at the map, so can you blame me?

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: September 16, 2012, 08:24:25 pm »

Question:  Rather than autoing people, could I create a turn for them?
Sure, I'll drop you a line next time.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: September 16, 2012, 08:29:24 pm »

Claiming the ocean is a pretty bad idea, if they got a better navy they can destroy them with impunity, as well as the fact that they give as much food as hills/forests without giving you trees or the option to get stone.

Personally if I were him I would start to acting aggressive about now or start to build another city, but its up to him what to do. Just waiting is counterproductive, and has been so for a few turns, you have gotten endgame stuff down, and the longer you wait the more everyone will catch up and begin to get endgame stuff as well.

Yes, it will take doom/sheb like 10 turns to catch up to you since they are at war, but they have vast expansion potential (Especially sheb with his three mana types), and will eventually unless you do something (eg, make another town on the mainland, attack one of their islands).

I *think* he would be fine with you autoing, but you may want to wait just to be cautious.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: September 16, 2012, 08:47:09 pm »

Claiming the ocean is a pretty bad idea, if they got a better navy they can destroy them with impunity, as well as the fact that they give as much food as hills/forests without giving you trees or the option to get stone.
Yeah, that ocean tile is pretty much the least valuable tile he could be claiming. Well, tied with a bunch of other ocean tiles, anyway.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: September 16, 2012, 09:37:20 pm »

Kash, I noticed you didn't accept/deny my trade offer this turn (that you accepted last turn) of 9 iron for 15 regents.

If you are still willing to do it, I think you have to explicitly say this turn that you want to trade.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: September 17, 2012, 02:53:06 am »

I'm back. Lemme catch up, turn should be up in a few hours (I need to catch up with a lot of threads).

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: September 17, 2012, 05:30:28 am »

Kash, I noticed you didn't accept/deny my trade offer this turn (that you accepted last turn) of 9 iron for 15 regents.

If you are still willing to do it, I think you have to explicitly say this turn that you want to trade.

Oh sorry. I agree to this trade deal.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 58