Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Looking to contribute to butchery  (Read 1795 times)

Skald359

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Looking to contribute to butchery
« on: May 04, 2012, 12:10:41 pm »

Hello!  I was looking to slot in butchery returns on individual animal pages, but I've played with the raws and can't figure out how to extract that info out of them.  If anyone could point out to me how to figure butchery returns, I'd be happy to fill in the blanks.

Cheers!

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: Looking to contribute to butchery
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 01:27:35 pm »

Butchery returns cannot be determined solely based on the raws - all creatures vary in size (some are muscular, some are fat, some are skinny, etc.), and the butchering returns depend on those. This is why the existing pages describe butchering returns as a range of values.

If you want to contribute information, you should kill and butcher the creatures yourself and note their yields, but make sure you always use fully-grown adult creatures.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Skald359

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 02:55:34 pm »

Isn't there still some practical baseline, though?  All creatures have a default size, and part sizes are derived proportionally, so it could be derived from that, and some data is better than no data.

The snag I've found is that I can't see the butchery reaction, so I would be reinventing the wheel through creative guesswork, info already on the wiki and basic creature data.

If the quality standards of the wiki require it being based on actual in-engine data, I can let it go.  But it seemed like something that should be straightforward to derive at least a rough (dangerous waters there, I know).

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2012, 07:19:29 pm »

Butchery returns cannot be determined solely based on the raws - all creatures vary in size (some are muscular, some are fat, some are skinny, etc.), and the butchering returns depend on those. This is why the existing pages describe butchering returns as a range of values.

If you want to contribute information, you should kill and butcher the creatures yourself and note their yields, but make sure you always use fully-grown adult creatures.

It's important to note that 'fully-grown' is 2 in game years

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

Calite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2012, 04:40:37 pm »

Oops wrong thread, ignore this.