Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 100

Author Topic: Path of Exile - Betrayal  (Read 237594 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Path of Exile - Betrayal
« on: May 07, 2012, 08:28:59 am »

Path of Exile is a Diablo clone that holds true to the grim style and gameplay of D2 while throwing in modifiable equipment, skills you level independently/trade (no skill points here), a massive passive attribute grid/passives matrix/Skilldrasil that took the Sphere Grid from FFX and made it bigger and less linear, amidst a number of other awesome concepts, all beautifully rendered with superb graphics that run effortlessly on mid-level computers. There's more to the game, of course, not everything is done yet. But its playable and very much fun. Also of note is the fact that the game uses a barter-like system for shops, theres no gold pieces here on the outcast's continent of Wraeclast.

The game also features six classes (plus a seventh unspecialized class) based around three main stats: Strength, Intelligence, and Dexterity. There's the three main classes to cover the main attributes, then the mixed classes which cover attribute combinations. However, these classes aren't really set in stone, and it's entirely possible to have a Marauder (who is primarily strength based) to choose all dexterity or intelligence based skills. It would just take longer to get to the right nodes on the massive passives tree.

Guild (with a small stash!): Nist Akath, previously led by aristabulus, then by myself, and now once more Ari is leading it.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vendor_recipes - Useful wiki page.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 11:57:55 am by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Path of Exile
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 09:37:47 am »

Just in time to remind people they're still around before D3 releases :P
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Meta

• Bay Watcher
  • Aka Maunoir. French Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 09:52:00 am »

Posting a new thread is a good idea, but you should at least post some general informations, maybe screenshots, in the OP.
Generalized Godwin’s Law: "Every discussion within an online community converges to a zero-information signal characterized by empty assertions concerning the foundational dichotomy of that community."

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 10:05:01 am »

That help, Meta?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2012, 05:10:51 pm »

Ah yes, I played this during the stress test and it was quite good. I didn't even have any noticeable lag. I never got to try out playing with a group though, anyone interested in giving it a shot?

EDIT: The game also features six classes based around three main stats: Strength, Intelligence, and Dexterity. There's the three main classes to cover the main attributes, then the mixed classes which cover attribute combinations. My character was a templar, who is a strength/intelligence mix. However, these classes aren't really set in stone, and it's entirely possible to have a Marauder (who is primarily strength based) to choose all dexterity or intelligence based skills.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 05:16:21 pm by OzyTheSage »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2012, 05:24:38 pm »

I'll join you Ozy, they're activating the new Shadow when the open weekend starts and I want to try him.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2012, 05:27:32 pm »

I'll be playing this I played the first stress test and playing with people will be fun
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2012, 06:29:27 pm »

Note: In the (rather awesome) patch notes for 0.9.9 (the patch that the stress test will be on, said patch is coming out in about an hour), there is a note that all current characters pre-patch will be shifted to Legacy league/Legacy Hardcore league. This means that, while you can play your older characters from last stress test if you want (after you put all of the passive points back on, they respecced all of everyone's points due to shifting some parts around and removing the Avatar of Fire keystone so they can rework it into a non-ridiculously OP state), all the new characters you have will not have the same stash as you had before. The new Shadow class isn't unlocked until the stress test, though :-\
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2012, 12:35:46 pm »

Headsup post: The open beta stress test (and the release of the Shadow class) starts in 6 hours or so.
Feel free to send me a a party invite or friend request or whatever until then, I'll probably be on most of the time until then as the Witch Aklyonix. Or after then, but I'll be playing a differently named guy then since the Shadow would be available to try out.

Also, has anyone caught anything good yet? :P
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 04:54:22 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2012, 04:47:10 pm »

Wait, this game has fishing? Hmmmmm

You can send group requests out of game?

Also, I hope that the skill path I'm going down won't make the game too difficult before I reach what I'm aiming for.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2012, 04:54:09 pm »

Pretty sure you have to be ingame to send group requests, but friend requests should work fine being sent at offline people.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2012, 05:56:10 pm »

Do you guys still play on the Legacy league, or make new characters when the old ones are moved there? I personally like it in the Legacy.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2012, 06:06:16 pm »

I do, sometimes.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2012, 06:06:52 pm »

Oh hey, it looks like I've got my beta access long time ago and forgot about it :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2012, 06:15:40 pm »

40 minutes left until the open weekend =3
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 100