Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 100

Author Topic: Path of Exile - Betrayal  (Read 237698 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Path of Exile
« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2012, 09:52:22 pm »

I've never had a crash either. Lots and lots of death, but no crash.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 06, 2012, 12:49:32 am »

So among diablo 3 continuing to fall onto it's face as hard as possible, and many people leaving for this game,  I finally took another look at it, found more interest and got the 10 dollar 100 points + key package.

I cried.

This game is too good.

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 06, 2012, 12:51:32 am »

What's up with this, is it still in closed beta?

I want to play it, stop with the beta allready!

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 06, 2012, 12:52:08 am »

Yeah, it's supposed to go into open beta Aug/Sep which will open up act 3.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 06, 2012, 01:11:24 am »

You can always pre-order. I did, even though I was already in it, so I could have 3 keys to give to friends. $10 will only get you 1 key, though.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #65 on: July 20, 2012, 01:36:35 pm »

Well 10$ is still a low price to pay. Many games cost more than that, so keep that in mind.

Here's some footage of the new map system the devs are working on.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97SskaQuijo&feature=g-u-u

In a nutshell: Monsters rarely drop special maps which can be used to spawn a special dungeon. These dungeons have random monsters in them with an end boss as well. The maps can be affected by currency items in same way as equipment can, to make the maps provide more items, and more challenge.

So a normal cave map can be upgraded into a map which is something like this:

+25% more loot

Enemies deal +60% damage as cold
You have permanent Elemental Weakness Curse
Enemies have +50% fire resistance

So yeah, really cool. End game stuff mainly though.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 20, 2012, 03:23:53 pm »

I gotta give it to those guys, they're coming up with some really neat twists on the old classics.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 20, 2012, 03:25:27 pm »

I actually payed $60 so far on the game, and have quite a bit of fun with it. I like the fact that you can break out of your class, which means I can have a lil waif weilding a giant hammer and bonking people on the head with it.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 20, 2012, 07:44:21 pm »

I can have a lil waif wielding a giant hammer and bonking people on the head with it.
First off, I love the look of the system. It combines two of my favorite RPG systems into one game (the leveling/skill grid thing and the skill gems) and throws it into a really awesome looking world. Second, this image is awesome. At first it's a thin little girl, then she has a giant hammer, then *bonk*.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 20, 2012, 09:26:37 pm »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 23, 2012, 11:26:13 pm »

Free weeken from the 27th to the 29th, if anybody wants to try it.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 27, 2012, 10:13:01 am »

I really hope I get time this weekend to try it out.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 27, 2012, 10:20:58 am »

I'd join you Robin, but I can play this at times besides this weekend and I want to try out City of Steam, which is also having a weekend thing (but as an alpha test instead of a beta. Now with elves!)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 27, 2012, 07:22:37 pm »

I'd join you Robin, but I can play this at times besides this weekend and I want to try out City of Steam, which is also having a weekend thing (but as an alpha test instead of a beta. Now with elves!)

...That explains why I kept thinking of 'Steam of Exile' whenever I was trying to look up Path of Exile recently. =P
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 27, 2012, 07:42:56 pm »

It's entirely possible I'll end up buying the beta key pack thing by the end of the weekend, so we can play later. :P

Edit: haha this poor website. It's being battered horribly... cycling between a 502 gateway error, a minimal site with just their twitter info, and the full site that crashes back to a 504 time out error before I can register my account. Apparently the game servers are just fine though, so when I get through I should be able to play.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 07:53:42 pm by Bluerobin »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 100