Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 100

Author Topic: Path of Exile - Betrayal  (Read 240355 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Path of Exile - Forsaken Masters
« Reply #690 on: August 14, 2014, 01:54:46 am »

I'd love if a crit attack speed build would be viable. For bows.

What a coincidence, that's what I am currently trying to build on one of my characters. Sadly, all the AS stuff is either in the small bonuses or I just can't find the bigger nodes.
That's how I'm building right now, too. There's not many AS nodes, though.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: August 14, 2014, 02:01:34 am »

So how many people are playing now? Do we have an official guild? I know Ruskin and I made one, but people stopped playing so we stopped as well.
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: August 14, 2014, 02:39:59 am »

Here's a build attack speed/crit build I made with the outdated new skill tree: Highlights: 117% life, 103% attack speed with bows, 272% increased critical strike chance with bows, 106% increase crit multiplier with bows.
The crit was an afterthought as I forgot that you wanted crit, too. I was able to get 130%+ life without crit and a bit higher attack speed.

I play a bit, but I'll be playing more when the expansion comes out. I made my own guild with my own friends, but they're so inactive I can add B12ers to it.

EDIT: PoE Builder is up to date, now. The icons are messed up, but it's still good.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 03:14:42 am by Jack_Bread »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: August 14, 2014, 07:47:19 am »

I do not remember the guild name at all, only that we had one and I'm in it doing nada. If someone wants to make an actually relevant guild, go ahead and do it and mention it here.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #694 on: August 14, 2014, 08:55:05 am »

Here's a build attack speed/crit build I made with the outdated new skill tree: Highlights: 117% life, 103% attack speed with bows, 272% increased critical strike chance with bows, 106% increase crit multiplier with bows.
The crit was an afterthought as I forgot that you wanted crit, too. I was able to get 130%+ life without crit and a bit higher attack speed.

I play a bit, but I'll be playing more when the expansion comes out. I made my own guild with my own friends, but they're so inactive I can add B12ers to it.

EDIT: PoE Builder is up to date, now. The icons are messed up, but it's still good.
Interesting. I suppose I'll need to party with a tank to draw aggro if I want to not blow up in higher difficulties? :P

(Your build does about 120 more dps than the other build I had that used 120 skill points and had 98% life. Pretty agreeable.)

(...Also, I used Harbringer Bow with no upgrades and a level 5 Split Arrow gem to compare DPS)

The new tree is pretty interesting. It greatly simplified the Acrobatics-Phase Acrobatics ring, and got rid of the HUGE Bow ring near the bottom. Bow Damage Increase nodes all got a buff from 12% to 15%.

I wonder, what's good about frenzy charges?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 09:00:39 am by Skyrunner »

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: August 14, 2014, 02:47:19 pm »

I heard that a guy got up to 15 attacks per second with the quill rain bow. I want. Especially with a bunch of on-hit effects.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: August 14, 2014, 03:01:39 pm »

You should do alright in higher difficulties if you do well with kiting. With decent gear your life pool should be up to scratch and you would have a good amount of evasion, so you wouldn't be hit often(but if you do get it... it won't be pretty). One thing I see people do to get reduce the damage they take is getting a flame totem and linking it with GMP, Knockback, and Blind. It looks like it works wonders for shoving people off of you.
They didn't get rid of the huge bow cluster, they just swapped its place with lethality, kinda. Lethality now sits where it previously was and the big bow cluster is to the right of the Ranger's frenzy charge.
As for what's good about frenzy charges: more attack speed. Every frenzy charge you have gives you 5% increased attack speed.

Also, the offline skill tree is correctly updated now, with working icons! Here.

EDIT: A new master has been revealed: Tora, Master of the Hunt.
She does bow crafting, her hideout tileset is like the Riverways, and her missions involve hunting beasts.

Also, the Beyond league has been announced as well!
Apparently, when you kill a bunch of monsters close to each other, a portal begins to form that summons extradimensional demons. As you kill more monsters by the portal, the portal gets larger and large, increasing the spawn rate and the difficulty of the monsters within. If it gets big enough, it summons a unique boss, it looks like. Sounds fun!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 08:28:00 pm by Jack_Bread »

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: August 14, 2014, 09:28:38 pm »

I like it, personally. Standard is overpriced-ville and HC is a ghost town, so it's nice to get an economic refresh every several months. It's also fun to play the beginning of a league with friends because of the lack of currency you have at the start. I'm not too big of a fan of how these new leagues are going to be 3 months rather than 4, but my time playing usually drops drastically after part-way through the third month. Also, it's not like your character vanishes when the leagues end, too.

Also, I'm going to be playing for a bit on my level 35 bow ranger named Orinthology, if anyone wants to join me.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 12:22:35 am by Jack_Bread »

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: August 15, 2014, 12:22:36 am »

The second idea isn't very good. Imagine the outcry of people being locked out of the new leagues and the assholes who would gloat about getting in. It'd be pretty bad.
The first one could work. Personally, I get bored late into the league and I know that many others feel the same. However, it may be the impending end of the league that makes people lose interest. I don't think GGG would do that, as they don't seem to like putting out major updates(tree reworks, mini-expansions, etc...) in the middle of the temporary leagues.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #699 on: August 15, 2014, 12:47:15 am »

When is this patch happening?

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: August 15, 2014, 12:49:12 am »

The 20th of this month.

Path of Exile: Forsaken Masters will be released at 3pm on August 20 (US Pacific Time). This is midnight in the CEST timezone and 10am on August 21 in New Zealand.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: August 16, 2014, 06:05:21 am »

Wait, so is this going to be a wipe or something?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: August 16, 2014, 08:05:33 am »

Wait, so is this going to be a wipe or something?
Dunno where you got that idea from. Its an expansion and a major skilldrasil update, so you get a free passive respec as usual along with the new leagues. Whatever extra effects it has for the garena  server is irrelevant unless you're using that.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: August 18, 2014, 06:00:56 pm »

So here's the last master revealed, Zana, the Master Cartographer. She does map crafting and gives lets you enter maps from your hideout! The mods they show are apparently beefed up versions of past leagues. For example, adding nemesis to the map via Zana gives you a rare enemy with a nemesis mod in every pack.

Chris Wilson also shows us hideout decorating and a couple of missions from Vagan and Elreon.
You can see the master reveal and the preview here.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #704 on: August 20, 2014, 10:16:14 am »

So I'll finally start playing PoE. I'm no stranger to ARPGs and I've read enough on the PoE wiki and various sites to get the basic idea of what's going on in this game. Before I jump in though, is there any little know/non-obvious/long-term important thing I should know when choosing a class? I know there are but a subtle differences in them since skill tree theoretically allows Witch to wield greatswords, but I'm still asking.

Right now I'm choosing between templar (because the idea of ass-kicking grandpa really appeals to me; he may suffer from lack of dexterity I gather), duelist (agile melee fighter sounds neat; be he himself seems a bit douchy) and shadow (because killer extraordinaire? Why not; apparently kinda tough to play and I'm not much interested in using traps)

Any of the class offers noticeably less/more equipment/armor to use? I mean, I know equipment is not class restricted, but I'm speaking in terms of non-experimental, core-stat(s) centered builds. A quick glance at wiki tells me there's quite a selection of weapons and armor for everyone, but you know, still asking.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 100