Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 100

Author Topic: Path of Exile - Betrayal  (Read 238561 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Path of Exile
« Reply #75 on: July 27, 2012, 08:00:43 pm »

The site also has a editable version (pulled straight from the game data, apparently) of the skilldrasil. So you have the theorycrafters in that list as well, and the people who just want to explore ways to go in the web.
Buy the pack with one of the Kiwis if you do though, Robin. They don't do much but its nice to have a little fluffy companion in the grimdark of Wraeclast.

For anyone interested, the City of Steam alpha starts in an hour.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 08:02:42 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 27, 2012, 11:50:32 pm »

Welp, this game is already too much fun. I only hope there's a somewhat reliable source of skill gems at some point, although I guess trading with other people would work. I could definitely see myself getting into the skill gem grinding business, especially since you could do it relatively easily while you're doing other things from what I can tell.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 12:03:14 am by Bluerobin »
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 27, 2012, 11:55:30 pm »

Yep, you just need enough sockets. All socketed gems gain xp.

Or you could make some other characters to make use of your gems ;)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #78 on: July 28, 2012, 12:02:54 am »

as you play you get lots of gems, but beware leveling them up to much just for the sake of doing so, if you trade the gem to another character that doesnt have the stats to use the gem at that level, it is no use to that character at all.
I got nothing

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 28, 2012, 12:04:21 am »

I have a character who's entirely subsiting on randomly dropped gems, both from her and previous characters, because she never gets any strength gems from quest rewards.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 28, 2012, 12:05:19 am »

I haven't played through a new toon since the latest patches, but a lot more good skill gems are available as quest rewards now. You should be able to get a nice array of options just from those.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 28, 2012, 12:15:15 am »

Oh, how does player-to-player trading work? Is there any sort of way to advertise what you have to trade or search what people have for trade/sale? Or is it basically just spamming global chat and asking?
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 28, 2012, 12:17:11 am »

Right now it's just spamming global chat and asking, since they haven't done the trading update yet.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 28, 2012, 12:26:20 am »

Ok, that's what I figured. I didn't know there was a trading update planned, though, so that's good to look forward to. I do like being self sufficient, so it should work as-is for me regardless, but it felt like not having an easy way to trade in an obviously multiplayer game was a little odd.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #84 on: July 28, 2012, 02:43:03 am »

Oh man, this game gets hard in the later difficulties. I have a armor+health/regen Marauder with 2 hand axes & Blood Magic, and I'm in the Merciless (Normal->Cruel->Ruthless->Merciless) difficulty. Sure I can use Heavy strike (my basic attack) to one-shot-kill the normal guys, but if I do that I get battered in a few seconds. The enemies just have so much damage that if they are in a group, I can't do jack to them. I think I need to get a party going on with some witch or someone who can deal AoE damage.
I also have a necromancer in Cruel difficulty, and it is quite difficult there too. The minions deal high damage, but they won't last long. If I get stunlocked, I get gibbed easily too.

So yeah, expect the game to punish you later on.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 28, 2012, 03:08:23 am »

Sweep. Sweep is your friend.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 28, 2012, 01:49:10 pm »

Hmm, I've got a Shadow that I'm building dual daggers/cold damage plus some energy shield/dodge (... eventually, since I'm only level 5 for now) and I've seen people mentioning similar setups that just get flattened. Oh well, if I have to change I'll change.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 28, 2012, 02:14:23 pm »

I had a build like that, and for a long time was very fragile. I haven't played it since the update, though, so I don't know if it's fragile again, but I can say that it is a very active class and needs lots of attention to stay alive.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 28, 2012, 02:35:11 pm »

Keep every orb of regret in your storage that you can , robin. They're rather useful if there isn't going to be a patch involving a skill point refund anytime soon, even if you aren't particularily going to do it right then.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 28, 2012, 04:22:04 pm »

I've only found one orb of regret so far, but yeah I planned to keep it. For the build I'm anticipating it being pretty fragile and I'm hoping I'll find either a Conversion Trap or Totem skill of some sort to help spread out the focus a bit. I've already found how annoying it can be to be swarmed and frozen and just die with no chance to do anything when I got to the ice spear guy guarding the medical kit. The first time I came across him he hit me with the ice before I could do anything and got frozen solid, then I got swarmed by water elemental things and just died. The second time I dodged around the ice chunks and froze HIM then just cut him to ribbons.

That's another question I had. Is there any death penalty if you're in the default league?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 04:30:12 pm by Bluerobin »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 100