Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 100

Author Topic: Path of Exile - Betrayal  (Read 239586 times)

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: Path of Exile - Open Beta: January 23, 2013
« Reply #135 on: December 17, 2012, 06:51:55 pm »

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/15223

This thread will give you an idea on what kind of loot is worth keeping to vendor for currency. In particular, anything with quality can be sold for quality boosting items.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 17, 2012, 06:57:14 pm »

In addition to what Kanil said: all small items (Rings, wands, some of the 1 handed weapons but not all of them, belts, anything that takes three slots or less) are useful to pickup if you need more wisdom scrolls, you can carry quite a few of them compared to any thing larger. But anything and everything can be traded for wis scrolls, so if you find something more helpful, its a good idea to pick that up instead and toss small items to make room.

Continuing from ragnar:
5. White is not special. Blue is Magic. Yellow is Rare. Brown (or orange, it can look like either sometimes) is Unique. Green is for quest items.
6. Your stash is global between all of your characters, so don't worry if your epic melee guy finds a rare/unique completely useless for him.
7. You will need cold resistance to beat merveil, or a larger amount of luck instead.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 07:02:37 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 17, 2012, 07:50:37 pm »

In early game I find myself needing to sell everything I find so far, just to get wisdom scrolls. I've already got 4 epic pieces of gear in an hour or so, and I'm beginning to horde all the gems I get. Started as a Cleric too, seems to be going good enough so far. And shops/transporters aren't too far between so I don't need to drop junk mid-run so far.

I enjoy this game already, though. The skills/slots and item upgrading and transforming is pretty damn neat.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 07:52:34 pm by Mictlantecuhtli »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 17, 2012, 07:52:39 pm »

You know, out of all of the descriptions I've heard in PoE, I think you're the first person to describe anything as 'cleric'.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 17, 2012, 07:54:21 pm »

You know, out of all of the descriptions I've heard in PoE, I think you're the first person to describe anything as 'cleric'.

Templar? He looks like a cleric, my bad.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 18, 2012, 02:40:30 pm »

FRB6D-2R7L5-7D8Z3-6QRRJ

FRPN3-UKVZE-96KB7-MLNKS

Let me know if you get one.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 10:03:40 pm by Urist McBeanie »

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 18, 2012, 04:37:32 pm »

Took the second one, thanks for the keys mate!
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 18, 2012, 08:06:07 pm »

FRB6D-2R7L5-7D8Z3-6QRRJ

Looks like someone grabbed the first one, and didn't speak up about it... Tried to use it, PoE says it is invalid.
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 18, 2012, 10:03:03 pm »

Hmmmm, I guess they've both been taken then.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 15, 2013, 11:24:58 pm »

Open Beta trailer is up here.

It'll be on their youtube channel friday if you want higher quality.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

ragnar119

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 16, 2013, 06:11:13 am »

Looks good, especially surprised with good voice acting in this game and the trailer.

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 16, 2013, 10:33:15 am »

There's now a download link for the client on PoE's main page, in the middle of the Open Beta banner.  (may require logging in)

The web DL is small (about 6 MB), allocates space for the actual data, and starts DLing game files.  On my nothing special 4 year old XP box, the full client is about 4.5 GB.   YMMV, depending on whether it trims the texture DLs to what the graphics card can handle.
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 16, 2013, 07:57:31 pm »

Really liking PoE so far. Brings some fresh ideas to the ARPG table, and has a lot of polish.

That said, I do have some concerns about the future of the game. Global chat currently talks more about Blizzard than it does about PoE. It seems like a large portion of the PoE playerbase plays the game because they want to stick it to Diablo 3, rather than because they like PoE. As evidenced by past games with communities who were excited for the game because they hated another game, it doesn't translate into lasting success.

I really hope GGG sees financial success from PoE, but I have a sinking feeling in my gut that the angry Blizzard fanboys with rose-colored nostalgia glasses are going jump ship within the next few months.
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 16, 2013, 08:13:37 pm »

D3 is like derails here: If people aren't talking, some bored (or troll) person will drag it back out and cause chat, though it'll be more complaints than anything.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 16, 2013, 08:59:16 pm »

D3 is like derails here: If people aren't talking, some bored (or troll) person will drag it back out and cause chat, though it'll be more complaints than anything.

I hope you're right! Thankfully they have the option to turn off Global/Trade with a click of a button so it's no skin off my back, but I really hope that the constant anger doesn't come to define the community.
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 100