Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 100

Author Topic: Path of Exile - Betrayal  (Read 238549 times)

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
Re: Path of Exile - Open Beta!
« Reply #210 on: January 24, 2013, 11:56:10 am »

Open Beta's main problem has been download speed, yeah. You can only hammer servers so much before it just causes everyone's speed to drop.
Half a gig in the last 3 hours. Dear god.

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 24, 2013, 01:09:24 pm »

The passive skill tree is a thing of beauty, you can do some crazy builds with it as it does not restrict you in any way.. I like how it's hard to "redo" the tree, make build decision matter and give a good reason to roll new characters(or use the money shop for those that want to).

Diablo III suck in that way, every character of a class is essentially the same, since there is no cost to respec. It's especially aggravating since Diablo II had it right in the first place.

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 24, 2013, 01:49:09 pm »

Open Beta's main problem has been download speed, yeah. You can only hammer servers so much before it just causes everyone's speed to drop.
Half a gig in the last 3 hours. Dear god.

This is exactly why I did my main client DL a week ago.  The only slowdown I've suffered was the little 8 MB hotfix they did for the act 3 boss...  took 10-15 minutes, whereas the client and the main OB patch roared along near the peak of what my connection can handle.
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 24, 2013, 02:10:33 pm »

There is summon skeletons. They don't last very long and usually die in one hit until the gem levels some, but theres also a thing (in the cosmetics shop) to turn it into summon statues.

It doesn't work any differently, but it looks pretty awesome in comparison I'd say, now that I have the gem again to use. :)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 24, 2013, 04:41:18 pm »

So basically as of right now I might as well uninstall this game since I am already behind everyone I could possibly play this with

That is... rather annoying.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 24, 2013, 04:45:32 pm »

So basically as of right now I might as well uninstall this game since I am already behind everyone I could possibly play this with

You're always such a bundle of sunshine.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 24, 2013, 04:46:43 pm »

You're always such a bundle of sunshine.

I am just a little mad that collapsing because of lack of sleep yesterday has pretty much punished me.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 24, 2013, 04:50:26 pm »

People roll alts. I just did as a matter of fact. Also, random groups are just fine in this game.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 24, 2013, 04:55:16 pm »

People roll alts. I just did as a matter of fact. Also, random groups are just fine in this game.

They did that already. They now have all their alts at a level too high for me to catch up.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 05:00:47 pm by Neonivek »

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 24, 2013, 05:01:25 pm »

Just made a witch that I plan to develop as cold-spellcaster. Name is Pruella.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 24, 2013, 05:49:44 pm »

They did that already. They now have all their alts at a level too high for me to catch up.
All of them?
Because you can make a lot of alts with 24 character slots.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 24, 2013, 05:55:25 pm »

Okay I have been looking for PVE farmer as my first character. So far the consensus is Necro Witch, because she is passive dependent so you can gear her up for magic finding. However, there is a catch... summons are very weak and she does not shine until level 40ish, at which she will have enough investment in summon passive skills.

Another popular build is Chaos Inoculation (CI) Cold Witch. CI gives your witch immunity to chaos damage and (not sure about this) 50% increase to Energy Shield, but set your max HP to 1. So yes you're a one hit wonder.

Thoughts?
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 24, 2013, 05:58:31 pm »

I haven't put more than a few hours in, because the game's not leaving anytime soon.  My ranger is maybe L8, the rest are barely-made-it-to-town.  By the time I turned in last night, there were announcements of first-at-L50 or so.  I guess some folks called out sick, lol.  But not all of us.
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 24, 2013, 06:01:42 pm »

The problem with Necro Witch right now is twofold:
1. its always been one of the longest slow-burners. It does great once you've gotten things far enough along, but until then its kinda slow.
2. zombie health got nerfed too much at the moment, so they're more fragile then they used to be by far.

As to CI, pay attention to the patch notes (or the 0.10.0 passives tree): CI no longer gives ES bonus. They didn't wipe the class forums along with the characters, so anything not updated since yesterday (or today) is either out of date, or at best will have a broken passive tree link.

Also, CI is more gear-dependant, since you have two sources of ES: Passives (including Intelligence), and gear. Th passives are percentage bonuses the majorty of th time, so if you got no ES, you're up the creek if you pick CI.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 06:06:00 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 24, 2013, 06:07:40 pm »

The problem with Necro Witch right now is twofold:
1. its always been one of the longest slow-burners. It does great once you've gotten things far enough along, but until then its kinda slow.
2. zombie health got nerfed too much at the moment, so they're more fragile then they used to be by far.

As to CI, pay attention to the patch notes (or the 0.10.0 passives tree): CI no longer gives ES bonus.

Thanks for the info. Yes I got confused about the ES bonus status. I don't mind Necro Witch's slow start, I am just worried the gameplay will bore me to death because that's what I felt about Necromancer in Diablo 2. I will go CI Cold Witch for now.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 100