Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 100

Author Topic: Path of Exile - Betrayal  (Read 239532 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Path of Exile - Open Beta!
« Reply #285 on: January 28, 2013, 12:36:21 pm »

I'm up for that, actually.

How bout right now?

Trollheiming

• Bay Watcher
  • I do. I really do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 28, 2013, 12:50:00 pm »

Wish I could. Anything off the Singapore server trashes my ping. And even then...

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 28, 2013, 12:51:37 pm »

Good thing I'm a singapore player then.

I'm on there as Japa, and my character name will be PunchMcFistIII

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 28, 2013, 12:51:55 pm »

Does Act 2 begin after the end of the Prison?

I have to say, I LOVE that they didn't do the bog standard "Act 2 is desert-themed." Granted, Act 2 of PoE is exactly like Act 3 of Diablo 2....but I cackled out loud when we stepped into the forest and were mobbed by BLOOD DRINKING MONKIES!!!

I'm in a love/hate place right now with gear. I love the fact there's several layers of game systems behind your gear options. I'm definitely not bored when I look over my gear, compared to D3 where I could tell at a glance whether I should give a shit or not. On the other hand, finding a good piece of gear with the right gem slots AND the right slot relationships kind of makes gearing well a crap shoot. I suppose the goal is for players to endlessly spend their time farming for the perfect piece of gear, or farming for mats to modify it in the perfect piece of gear?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 01:05:39 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 28, 2013, 12:53:08 pm »

Technically, its all on the same servers, just gateway-based ping.
At least that what I think it is, one of the mods had said they were connected from singapore in global chat before.

Does Act 2 begin after the end of the Prison?
Act 2 is directly after Merveil's death. Brutus is more of a major mid-act boss. If you hit U and see a new tab above the map, you're in a new act.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 12:59:11 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 28, 2013, 04:52:31 pm »

Down to two monsters in the Fetid Pool on a new character.
"Realm Restart in 10 Seconds"
NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Lord Snow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 28, 2013, 04:54:57 pm »

RIP 33 newb shadow. Ugh, died at the entrance to act 3 normal, trying to finally farm some gear as i felt really weak.
I already made it to market sewers before, but as i went back to try farming, the unique there rooted me and i got swarmed before i could log out :|

Now i'm doing a 180, from crit shadow (without equipment) to hp/armor marauder. That will be boring but hopefully saver and less stressing in NORMAL farming hehe

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 28, 2013, 05:13:35 pm »

Down to two monsters in the Fetid Pool on a new character.
"Realm Restart in 10 Seconds"
NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE
You can always just skip the fetid pool until later unless you want the respec points right now.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: January 28, 2013, 05:16:52 pm »

8266 people ahead of me in the que. awesome!
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 28, 2013, 06:08:47 pm »

How does Fork affect Etheral Knives?
Does it cause 20 knives to be thrown?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 28, 2013, 06:12:32 pm »

You're thinking of the effect of lesser/greater multiple projectiles (does that work with ethereal knives?). Fork splits on impact with enemies.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 28, 2013, 06:14:14 pm »

So, will my knives launch out even more knives upon hitting an enemy?

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: January 28, 2013, 07:05:02 pm »

I think so. The wiki says it's a projectile skill, so it should be affected by Fork just like normal. (wiki link: http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Ethereal_Knives)
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 28, 2013, 08:28:39 pm »

I think the part of the game that made me question the game's quality was the third act where enemies will suddenly either do "way too much unless you stacked defense in advance" or will "Hit automatically".

It really cheapened the game for me and I don't even want to play it, but if I don't play it my friends won't play with me for a long time.

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 28, 2013, 09:07:31 pm »

I think the part of the game that made me question the game's quality was the third act where enemies will suddenly either do "way too much unless you stacked defense in advance" or will "Hit automatically".

There's probably something in the formula that weighs {cLVL vs. mLVL} more than other factors; Diablo 2 was like that also.

Formulas aside...  Take a look at your stats in the character pane.  If those numbers suggest you should be faring better, and not fighting blue/yellow dudes that target your Achilles' Heel, then put in a bug report.  It's entirely possible that the math behind the pixels is wonky.
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 100