Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: The Apostles Of Armok - A Masterwork (mod) Story  (Read 9979 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: The Apostles Of Armok - A Masterwork (mod) Story
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2012, 03:08:49 pm »

Yes, the game AI behaves buggy about killing civ members. But you can still have unfortunate accidents that might kill someone by pure chance.

I am ok with the way you describe Meph. A sly one, in a den of (religious) vipers, looking for personal profit, be it riches or power. (mage-transformation) Most certainly no one who would openly fight enemies on a battlefield, but win by trickery.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

KingFerret

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2012, 03:48:19 pm »

Aha, ok it's great that you said that, because I was going to portray Meph in a totally different way. Thanks for the info. Btw, it doesn't say in the manual, does the preacher noble position do anything? or is it just there for flavor and fun?

BeserkNINJA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2012, 05:22:03 pm »

great story so far, i think the preacher consoles dwarves and aids in keeping the overall fort calm.

wolfwood296

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2012, 05:43:37 pm »

no. 6 made think, what happens if you kill the outpost liason and the dorf caravan? do you get war?

also i don't really care what my char will be like as long as he gets to poke stuff with a weapon that is given by armok (or a weapon made by the metal that is given by armok)

If you kill the merchants, you get a civil war inside your fort, known as loyality cascade
thanks i forgot about that.
it would have been fun to fight dorf vs dorf  :P
I've asked Uristeamer to begin investigating his duck's ability to eat a fully grown dwarf.- quote from broseph stalin

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2012, 07:08:19 pm »

What would have been your interpretation of him ? Maybe it is a lot more interesting what I thought of...

The priests do make appointments with angry/miserable dwarves. The talk, and depending on the character of the dwarf, they get good or bad thoughts from it "enjoyed yelling at someone in charge..."
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

KingFerret

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2012, 07:37:30 pm »

great story so far, i think the preacher consoles dwarves and aids in keeping the overall fort calm.
Thank you! Glad you like it.

What would have been your interpretation of him ? Maybe it is a lot more interesting what I thought of...
Don't worry, it wasn't :P

KingFerret

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2012, 04:22:12 pm »

Sadly this fort died of dehydration, a rather bad end to what I considered to be a promising fort.
I would like to point out (for Meph's sake) that the lack of booze was not due to the prayer reactions being unable to sustain the fortress, rather that I simply left the game running for too long on it's own.
I considered starting the fort again and just not telling anyone, but then decided that this was not in the spirit of this forum, so I'm afraid I will just have to let this one die.

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2012, 04:36:23 pm »

Nope, redo it! Armok demands it!

wolfwood296

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2012, 05:35:23 pm »

redo it! but remember to build an armok tears and a well
I've asked Uristeamer to begin investigating his duck's ability to eat a fully grown dwarf.- quote from broseph stalin

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2012, 09:07:38 pm »

One moment it's going fine, the next, WHAM! dead. REDO!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2012, 12:57:37 am »

Seriously ? No auto-backups ?

KingFerret

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2012, 04:21:54 am »

I delete all auto-backups because I don't like them. I think you should only have one chance at a fortress and that's it. I didn't consider that you guys would have liked this enough to want me to redo it.
Right now I'm in the middle of moving house, so I don't really have time.
But on the other hand I'm pretty much free after I've moved house. Maybe next week you will see an Apostles of Armok 2 pop up :)
Or if one of you wants to try and redo this idea (maybe as a succession style game?) then you have my blessing completely.
Pages: 1 2 [3]