Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Recruiting  (Read 948 times)

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
Recruiting
« on: May 17, 2012, 06:22:02 pm »

So, I'm at the point where I have a metric ton of money from robbing the apartments, and almost all of the public's opinions are liberal. There's one problem, though, and that is that I have no Liberal Assault Squad. The only way I've affected the public's opinion is that I've graffiti'd the town to pieces. I'm wondering where the best place to recruit is, because I feel this is a problem. Where will I find my Liberal Raiders?

EDIT: On an unrelated note, are there any places where fashion designers are more common?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 06:34:16 pm by ShoesandHats »

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
Re: Recruiting
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 09:19:52 pm »

You might want to try the several apartment blocks, quality of recruits vary by the nieghborhood. I.E you'll find fast food workers in the Industrial District.
Hello Hunam

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2012, 03:31:00 am »

Apartment blocks are a good place to find recruits, primarily because you can pick up Army Veterans.  Note that the encounter rate in apartment blocks is far lower than any other site, so don't get discouraged if it takes a while to meet anyone.

Also note that you can train up martial arts and dodge at the university, turning any recruit with decent strength, agility, and health into a combat monster.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2012, 07:09:57 pm »

For a liberal assault squad, dancers and athletes have the best stats, and sadly don't spawn anywhere specific. You'll just have to look around the generic areas; the apartments, coffee stand, park etc. Some brainwashed conservatives are also great picks. If you think you can pull off Liberating an agent, that's probably the best possible fighting guy you can get.

Of course, you can just hire some hippies to do your dirty work and replace them with more hippies as they die. Liberal Assaults give you copious amounts of juice, which will quickly compensate for the sucky starting stats, and you don't really need to be *good* at violence to use it in this game.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2012, 07:12:36 pm »

Actually, it seems that Alfie Stone, our resident bad-ass, is a one man assault squad capable of killing the CEO and escaping unscathed. Although an assault squad would still be nice.