Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Best Recruit ever?  (Read 2244 times)

deknegt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Best Recruit ever?
« on: May 08, 2012, 09:30:05 am »

I am wondering what everyone's best recruit ever was? I mean everyone can create a good leader if you know the answers of the bio but the true skill is to find and build a squad of the most liberal badasses to grace the liberal soil

I once had the honour of welcoming a Mutant into my Crime Squad with these skills (at 0 juice!)
Heart: 9
Intelligence: 8
Wisdom: 1
Health: 12
Agility: 14
Strength: 15
Charisma: 5

Needless to say I was extremely pleased with this utter beast of a Liberal to join my squad. And it was also early into my game and promptly became the leader of the Elite Liberal Ninja Squad.

And once he got to full juice he had full Health/Agility/Strength and close to full in Heart and Intelligence... Me Gusta  8)

What are some of you lot's experience with getting awesome recruits?

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
Re: Best Recruit ever?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 05:11:31 pm »

I've had one good experience with mutants. One mutant had a nice amount of gun skill and over 20 heart and agility, IIRC.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 06:14:21 pm »

Mutants can actually have up to 80 base points split between attributes. They can also as few as 7, so it's not all sunshine. Regardless, yours has 66 base points, which is high-end, but not the best you can find.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 07:55:08 pm »

Mutants can actually have up to 80 base points split between attributes. They can also as few as 7, so it's not all sunshine. Regardless, yours has 66 base points, which is high-end, but not the best you can find.

This has been changed a couple times -- the range on SVN is currently 7-66 points. I don't know what version deknegt's playing with, but it's still pretty badass. In particular, the probability of having 1 wisdom when allocating all those points is tough. Liberals have a 75% chance of allocating their Wisdom points to Heart instead, but even so, that's a LOT of opportunities to add points to Wisdom. This character never did it.

The best part about this particular character, though, is the top three stats -- strength, agility, and health. These are the three core stats for a melee fighter. Deknegt is running a ninja squad with him, which is the perfect role -- all his combat skills will advance super quickly, he'll take reduced damage inherently, and there are effectively no skill caps. And with strength that high, swords will be deadlier than assault rifles.

Alpheus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 08:21:47 pm »

I just look at strength, agility & health and forget the rest unless the wisdom is at or near the heart.  Shopping for good mutants can get tedious so I usually end up settling for only slightly uber ones.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2012, 05:38:34 pm »

It all depends on what you want.  A recruit with high Intelligence can make an awesome hacker.  A recruit with high Charisma can be an excellent recruiter/fundraiser.  A recruit with high Intelligence AND high Charisma AND a high Heart-to-Wisdom ration can make any captured conservative surrender to the loving embrace of the LCS (which is why when I need an interrogator, I go to the Hippies, as Hippies are programmed never to put points in Wisdom).

But yeah, I tend to prioritize combat stats also.  And Security Skill.  I've been know to recruits with totally worthless stats just for one point in security.