Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: IGF  (Read 1019 times)

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
IGF
« on: October 09, 2007, 05:19:00 pm »

Well if you have not yet heard the IGF entrants for the next one have been announced.

The games are looking good but there is one problem...

No DF  :(

Ah well I guess people would probably not like DF in it's current ASCII form anyway.

THLawrence

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Scientest
    • View Profile
Re: IGF
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2007, 09:17:00 pm »

I have a dream that I will one day live in a world where games will not be judged by the level of their graphics but by the content of the game play.

But seriously Toady should work on the game play portion first so that the game stays quiet then in one massive update release one with mediocre graphics that (Graphics for the game would be very hard to implement so low level graphics should suffice). Then this new version will take the gaming world by storm. The gaming industry will of dug to deep and released the demon that is Dwarf Fortress. It shall destroy them and lie in wait in the hollow shell of the internet waiting for someone to dare to challenge it.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2007, 01:58:00 pm »

And then we the chosen ones will reign supreme!

WillNZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2007, 02:07:00 pm »

Remember: Dwarf Fortress is not yet out of Alpha. To judge it now when it is so incomplete would be a disfavor to Toady. So personally, for Dwarf Fortress not to make it at this point is not a real surprise. When it is complete, it will be a different story.

I3erent

• Bay Watcher
  • The mounted dwarf has gone bErZeRk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2007, 02:10:00 pm »

But this made it:

Artisan
DracoSoftware, LLC

Artisan is a new kind of drawing game, designed to be playble by just about anyone. Instead of focusing on drawing stick-figures, Artisan focuses on (and helps you) draw pictures with more complexity and realism.

The main story takes the player through 30 levels in a tour of ancient drawings and artifacts from around the world.

Players are also able to load their own images in Practice mode, allowing you to create drawings of your favorite pictures.

Along with being a fun and casual game, Artisan is also designed to teach people drawing skills in a fun and non-confrontational way. The more you play the game, the better your real-world drawing skills will get!

WTF!!!! what a piece of crap imho.

quot;I got really stoned a couple days ago and ended up talking to THIS GUY. anyway... I''m really drunk now. The guy said: There is this application called "Mya" MI-AH that makes animations of people that he paid $2000 for. F- that Jazz ARMOK ROCKS. FIGHT THE MAN, GO TEAM!

sclark13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lordvanidor.com
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2007, 04:57:00 pm »

I dont want Toady to do the graphics. He should spend his time coding and making great innovative gameplay. I think he should however look for a business partner who can handle the graphics. Nothing like starting up a development studio. John Carmack and John Romero founded id software, Gabe Newell and Mike Harrington founded Valve software, all brought things to to the table that were new and innovative. I think if someone goes out of their way to communicate with Toady privately on developing a GUI/graphics design parallel with the new releases, we could see some really spectacular improvements. This right here is a great big opportunity to break into the gaming industry.
od I''m starting to hate all these pseudonyms.