Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: An AussieGuy Megaproject - The Spire of Armok (Now with pictures!)  (Read 58487 times)

Urist_McGamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: An AussieGuy Megaproject - The Spire of Armok (Now with pictures!)
« Reply #105 on: August 21, 2012, 10:57:48 am »

I can imagine a secondary challenge being to have a group of dwarves survive the collapse somehow and try to rebuild with whatever they can scrounge up.
But others might prefer to have the mess contained behind windows to avoid tracking blood all over the their nice, color coordinated floor patterns. Kind of the Ozzy Osborne vs. Martha Stewart debate.

Pyro627

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 21, 2012, 01:21:31 pm »

So I think I'm gonna try this. Just ignore the doomclock, probably have the fortress fall, and then just build a new one because I will not have moved into it.

Or maybe I could actually stop being such a smartass and just have fun sacrificing dwarves...
Here's a tip, though... Use Russian characters in your WPA5 passphrase. If your spontaneous AI is anything like my spontaneous AI (not as aggressive as yours, good conversation, but actually worse than me at chess*), it can't handle any character outside of the CODEPAGE 437 list.

*I hope. It could just be lulling me into a false sense of security.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 21, 2012, 07:42:53 pm »

So I think I'm gonna try this. Just ignore the doomclock, probably have the fortress fall, and then just build a new one because I will not have moved into it.

Or maybe I could actually stop being such a smartass and just have fun sacrificing dwarves...

The whole point is the entirety of your fort must be within The Spire.  ALL GLORY TO THE SPIRE OF ARMOK

Why, you got something against auto-refilling water, magma (to be completed by you) and endless mechanical power?

Pyro627

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 21, 2012, 11:17:51 pm »

Well, no, but I'm acrophobic, I have an irrational fear of heights.

This is worse, because not only is the entire structure capable of violently crashing to the ground, killing everyone inside, but is in fact designed to do so.
Here's a tip, though... Use Russian characters in your WPA5 passphrase. If your spontaneous AI is anything like my spontaneous AI (not as aggressive as yours, good conversation, but actually worse than me at chess*), it can't handle any character outside of the CODEPAGE 437 list.

*I hope. It could just be lulling me into a false sense of security.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 22, 2012, 04:41:17 am »

This is worse, because not only is the entire structure capable of violently crashing to the ground, killing everyone inside, but is in fact designed to do so.

It's not a proper work of madness until it's likely to collapse upon itself.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 06:35:34 am by ThatAussieGuy »

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 01, 2012, 01:05:12 am »

It's not a proper work of madness until it's likely to collapse upon itself.

Slight necro, but it's worth it. Aussie, this is epic. You magnificent bastard.

Think you could rig up a doom clock in 1 in-game year?

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 01, 2012, 01:17:19 am »

Slight necro, but it's worth it. Aussie, this is epic. You magnificent bastard.

Think you could rig up a doom clock in 1 in-game year?

Tune to one year, or actually build it in one year?    Yes to both.

It's actually a pretty simple mechanism.  I'll PM you how it works so as not to spoil it here. 

atazs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 01, 2012, 08:42:16 am »

Im so going to try this and stop the doomclock if there is one. I shall dig up the whole site

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 01, 2012, 08:53:36 am »

Aussie you are a crazy, crazy man. I can't imagine what kind of madness you could leave for future overseers in a succession fortress. I can imagine you making a doomclock that is set to go off years later... long after everyone forgets you did anything...

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 01, 2012, 08:55:59 am »

Aussie you are a crazy, crazy man. I can't imagine what kind of madness you could leave for future overseers in a succession fortress. I can imagine you making a doomclock that is set to go off years later... long after everyone forgets you did anything...

Honestly, I'm surprised no-one's tried leading a succession fort of The Spire.  You have my permission/blessing/amused interest if it matters.

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 01, 2012, 09:08:19 am »

Honestly, I'm surprised no-one's tried leading a succession fort of The Spire.  You have my permission/blessing/amused interest if it matters.

An interesting idea. It would certainly bypass the two or three years I spend trying to make everything pretty and set up... then forgetting about those unimportant things like dining rooms, bedrooms, farms...

I would have to play without my mod though. Hmmmm. *makes note to consider*
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]