Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: (SPOILERS) Experiments with the circus rush ...  (Read 5984 times)

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
Re: (SPOILERS) Experiments with the circus rush ...
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2012, 10:23:59 pm »

Good luck with it.  Figured out how to use the sacrifice bridge?  I just assigned a dwarf to an otherwise-empty militia squad with no set uniform and said "Stand Here!"

Kofthefens

• Bay Watcher
  • Keep calm and OH GOD CAPYBARAS
    • View Profile
    • Marshland Games
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2012, 11:15:04 pm »

PTW
I don't care about your indigestion-- How are you is a greeting, not a question.

The epic of Îton Sákrith
The Chronicles of HammerBlaze
My website - Free games

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2012, 09:27:21 am »

So, to continue my research, I've started a new tundra/glacier embark, and revealed the demons immediately. At initial import, created wealth was 9 (presumably from disassembling the wagon), and Imported Wealth was around 10000-ish (forgot to rename the number). Demonspawn was 19-22-ish on each attempt, which was consisent with what I saw before.

I embarked with two miners, a mason, a gem setter/cutter, a mechanic, and a few other skills, and I played until I got migrants. Now the fort is at 15, and wealth is as follows:

Created Wealth: 11001 DB
 Furniture: 2110 DB
 Other Objects: 4898 DB
 Architecture: 2100 DB
 Displayed: 1893 DB
(the rest was none)
Imported Wealth 13531 DB

The zerg rush was now 40 clowns even, slightly more than double. Given the limited amount of wealth generated in that time, I'm reconsidering if pop has a larger role in determining the clown rush; double the pop == double the clowns. Once I get the first two migration waves and the initial fort fully setup and self-sustaining, additional science can continue.
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Khym Chanur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2012, 08:09:34 pm »

Given the limited amount of wealth generated in that time, I'm reconsidering if pop has a larger role in determining the clown rush; double the pop == double the clowns. Once I get the first two migration waves and the initial fort fully setup and self-sustaining, additional science can continue.

Have the starting seven make some simple crafts, edit the raw to increase the value of the base materials of the crafts to an insane amount, then breach the circus.  That should tell you how much wealth influences the initial spawn size.

DanteThanatos

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:hollow eyes]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2012, 09:26:08 pm »

PTW. Nice findings.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2012, 07:23:10 pm »

Given the limited amount of wealth generated in that time, I'm reconsidering if pop has a larger role in determining the clown rush; double the pop == double the clowns. Once I get the first two migration waves and the initial fort fully setup and self-sustaining, additional science can continue.

Have the starting seven make some simple crafts, edit the raw to increase the value of the base materials of the crafts to an insane amount, then breach the circus.  That should tell you how much wealth influences the initial spawn size.

I'm making regular snapshots of my fort that I will go back to edit the raws to understand specifically how wealth effects it. Until then, I'm working on getting Demontrials (my test fort) to pop 200.

At 23 Dwarfs/15326 DB Wealth, I got 61 clowns on circus breach. Pop plays a rather large factor it seems in calculating the rush. The question now is if its capped.

200 clownrush?

(or in other words; you are going to need a bigger checkerboard :-))
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )
Pages: 1 [2]