Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: (K)napping skill  (Read 705 times)

lemonjuice83

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
(K)napping skill
« on: May 09, 2012, 10:17:51 pm »

Ok, so, i start a game for the first time in ages. I tried out the knapper skill (AKA rock on rock pron) and it says no approapriate tool. I made sure to pick up things with rock in the name, and i cannot unequip my starting weapons. Nor can i equip rocks after dropping the weapons. Help?

LurchyMcSmokins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (K)napping skill
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 10:58:59 pm »

if im not mistaken, 'r' for remove from pack, then select one rock to be removed, and you can then knap away. as long as one rock is in your hand, then you can knap rocks in your pack and on the ground, sharing a tile with you.

Hylas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (K)napping skill
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 09:56:55 am »

There is no real equip function in adventure mode. When you don't have anything in (one of) your hands and you you pick up stuff on the [g]round it will go to your empty hand. If there is something in both your hands, stuff you pick up will go in your backpack. If you [r]emove something from your backpack or other container that you're carrying, it will always go into one of your hands, even if there is already a dragon corpse and thirty 2 handed swords in that hand.

For knapping, or any other adv mode reaction, all the things you need must either be in your hands or on the ground at your feet.