Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can't get past the "What is your name to the people" screen on LCS.  (Read 954 times)

Alguem

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I've never played it before. Recently ran into it's article at tvtropes and got interested. Turns out it doesn't work for me. I get to the "What is your name to the people?" screen, and then nothing works. I tried pressing enter with and without a name typed in, with the mouse pointer over the screen, compatibility modes, previous versions, but it's all the same, even with 3.09.

Also, this issue has been raised before by CaptainFatty in another thread, but it didn't get much attention.
Just a problem I'm having, I can't leave the 'What is your name to the people' screen. I tried pressing enter with and without a name and nothing happens. I tried downloading several times and ran it from several locations, but still got nothing.

Any way to get around this?
The help he got was a suggestion to try and press enter with the mouse pointer inside the screen, but that didn't work.
Got that problem while running it with Wine cause my cursor was out of the window. Try pressing enter with your mouse cursor unside the LCS window.

Let me know if it helps!

I'm running Windows 7 64bit. Not sure what else you'd like to know. I found no other mention of this issue. :(

Alguem

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Ok, I feel a little silly. Turns out that LCS doesn't recognize the numpad enter as being Enter. My regular enter has been broken for such a long time that I didn't think of it. Had to use autohotkey as a workaround to assign enter to another key, but I got through that screen.

Sorry! Issue solved.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

Glad you solved it.  On my laptop, the numpad enter worked, but I imagine it might vary by the system.  Let us know how your game goes!

Besserwisser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Neither normal enter nor numpad enter works for me though.
DF is about learning from your mistakes, and then making them over and over again... on purpose.