Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: [Succession] Quantum Fortress - **Free-For-All!**  (Read 25865 times)

Carzak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Succession] Quantum Fortress - **Players Wanted!**
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2012, 08:55:51 am »

I would like a dwarf too Plz, preferably first available male :) and I can have any job that's needed, from poop shoveler to commander in army ha 8)

Seaslay

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2012, 09:48:14 am »

Well I'll take Kosoth for no particular reason.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2012, 04:50:53 pm »

I'll be the bookkeeper. Whichever dwarf you assign to that job.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

Jeremy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2012, 04:06:34 pm »

I'd like to be put in the queue for a turn. This is a great idea for a succession game.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2012, 11:42:13 am »

Carzak: we have several available males. Please choose one, they're listed in the first two posts with details about their personalities. If you'd prefer to have more influence over your dwarf, you'll have to wait for the first migrant wave.

Seaslay: Kosoth is yours. I'll change his name.

Billybobfred: The bookkeeper is already taken by my character, Aira. Second choice?

Jeremy: I'll add you to the list.

I will try to get another update tonight before I go to bed, at least get through summer.

ninjanomnom

• Bay Watcher
  • Coder in training
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2012, 01:38:18 pm »

Wanted slade mineable so that it is actually usefull to conquer HFS.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

--BACK FROM THE WEEKEND--

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2012, 06:42:38 pm »

Manager? broker? Some dorf with a nerdy indoor job.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2012, 11:18:53 pm »

The bookworm jobs are all Aira's. Please check the beginning of the second post for descriptions of the dwarfs and their personalities, roles, and jobs (already assigned for the starting 7). If you want to wait for the first wave of migrants I can make you one of them and maybe there will be enough dwarfs to start splitting those responsibilities with your dwarf, or at least I can assign you a dwarf who arrives at the fortress with bookwormy skills already?

Also sorry for the lack of update, I ended up falling asleep. I've gotten a total of about 10 hours of sleep in the past 4 days so it's getting tough to push myself to play rather than crawl into my bed and futilely search for the land of nod. I guess I picked a bad time to start this, I just didn't foresee how things would go this week. Today I work for 14 hours so it's doubtful I'll have the energy to play before bed, but I'll try - I want to, just need to still be able to read. :) If I don't finish my turn by the end of the weekend, though, I'll just end early and pass off to the next person so people don't have to wait too long.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 11:22:15 pm by Sappho »

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2012, 12:25:02 am »

Yeah, I can wait until the migrant waves.

Actually, what I really wanted was to be a different dwarf in each branch, but all with the same job. This... won't work until we have some branches. (Yeah, I didn't think that through. o.o; )
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 12:27:09 am by billybobfred »

Archmonk

• Bay Watcher
  • Carpe Pastam
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2012, 10:58:00 am »

At what point do we stop splitting universes? :)

If I understand correctly (each game/universe splits into two others after each turn), we'll need 8 players to play in turn 4, 16 in turn 5, etc. It probably may not be feasible to split into more universes beyond turn 4, unless we get a lot more people involved.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2012, 12:48:51 pm »

The turns do not have to all happen at the same time. Also, universes can be destroyed or abandoned, leaving only the most viable and interesting ones to play with. I see no reason why we can't leave certain saves "open" for whoever wants to try them once we have a lot, and then there will be no waiting list. When someone wants to join, they just take a save, play for a year, and are added to the diagram when complete. I figure it will continue until either everyone loses interest or I become unable to continue managing it, in which case I'll either pass it on to someone else or it can be laid to rest.

ninjanomnom

• Bay Watcher
  • Coder in training
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2012, 01:11:41 pm »

If you made the project a sort of wiki, everyone could edit in their turn when they finish. Thus much easier for everyone involved.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2012, 01:22:07 pm »

That's not a bad idea. Once we get rolling properly maybe we can do that if everyone is interested.

I'm still running on 10 hours of sleep for 4 days and just finished my 14-hour work day, but for some reason I'm able to keep my eyes open, so I'm going to go through summer now and add it to the story in the second post.

ninjanomnom

• Bay Watcher
  • Coder in training
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2012, 01:54:40 pm »

If you wish i could make and set up the wiki when needed, ive done it before so i could get it working in a usefull way.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2012, 01:58:53 pm »

Great, thanks. This could grow to be something epic.  8)

Well, my brain has decided to implode for the night. Have to get to bed. I managed to get through most of Malachite, the story post is updated. Tomorrow I should have more time. Although I fear to say that lest I curse myself...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11