Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: [Succession] Quantum Fortress - **Free-For-All!**  (Read 25866 times)

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
Re: [Succession] Quantum Fortress - **Players Wanted!**
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2012, 11:15:01 am »

We have our first migrant wave! It's a small one, just 7, making up two families. All the adults claim to be farmers but their highest skill is in weapons and one of them has a great deal of combat experience. Might have to make ourselves a small army soon... All of the migrants are up for grabs. Details are in the now-updated story post (second post in the thread) but I'll copy them here for convenience:

Urvad Claspedmeshes, experienced fighter with forty-four (44) kills on his record. Skilled hammerdwarf, Adequate at shields, armor, and dodging, Novice butcher, tanner, and shearer, and Talented tracker. Here with his wife Solon.

Solon Swelterbanners, Competent axedwarf, Novice at shields, armor, and dodging, Novice cook, grower, and spinner. Here with her husband Urvad.

Tun Quillfortresses, Competent hammerdwarf, Novice at shields, armor, and dodging, Novice tanner, grower, and spinner. Here with her husband Sazkul and three of their five children.

Sazkul Breathfurnace, Competent Swordsdwarf, Novice at shields, armor, and dodging, Novice cheesemaker, milker, and cook. Here with his wife Tun and three of their five children.

Tobul Girderbend, age 11 - eldest daughter of Tun and Sazkul.
Dastot Tealhame, age 7 - second youngest son of Tun and Sazkul.
Aban Inkclouds, age 6 - youngest son of Tun and Sazkul. Owner of a pet gosling.

Anyone may claim one of these, and 5 of the starting 7 are also still free for claiming, though their jobs and such are already set.

ignatzami

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2012, 11:46:22 am »

I'll take Aban Inkclouds, now "Iggy McNatz"
DF without DT isn't DF, it's a keyboard-based exercise in masochism.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2012, 03:38:57 pm »

I'll go ahead and put myself up for a turn.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2012, 11:34:56 am »

Doomblade187 has been added to the turn list.

Carzak and Ignatzami have been dorfed.

Spoiler: Carzak (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Iggy McNatz (click to show/hide)

Going to see how much I can get through before bed now.

EDIT: We've got another migrant wave, including a doctor. +!!scientist!!+, can I ask you to provide a name for your dwarf? Without punctuation in it please. :) I guess I'll just call him Scientist for now. Let me know if you want to change it.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 01:04:50 pm by Sappho »

ignatzami

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2012, 01:30:02 pm »

Doomblade187 has been added to the turn list.

Carzak and Ignatzami have been dorfed.

Spoiler: Carzak (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Iggy McNatz (click to show/hide)

Going to see how much I can get through before bed now.

EDIT: We've got another migrant wave, including a doctor. +!!scientist!!+, can I ask you to provide a name for your dwarf? Without punctuation in it please. :) I guess I'll just call him Scientist for now. Let me know if you want to change it.

I don't like hamsters. That's awesome.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2012, 02:52:17 pm »

Story post is updated with a few more entries. Don't see any reason why I shouldn't finish tomorrow and this weekend. Now... to bed!

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
  • I came to have fun, but then I found !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2012, 09:16:46 pm »

I am fine with the name scientist and it would be awesome if his proffesion was "The Doctor".

Also, could you post the details on him like you did for ignatzami and Carzak?
"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2012, 11:17:09 pm »

If there's one thing I can do quickly before I go to work, it's help out the Doctor.

Carzak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2012, 08:38:10 am »

Wow my dwarf sounds just like me (exept looks) ^^ should be great high hopes

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2012, 12:38:21 pm »

Story post updated. I'm nearing the end of my turn now. Might even finish tonight. Sorry the storytelling is so uninteresting - just been too busy to focus properly and trying to get some sort of base set up for the next people to play with. When I get myself properly organized, I'm planning to start a community/story fort which I promise will be more fun than this has been so far. Anyway, I'm sure this fortress will be worth the initial tedium when things really get going! We will all long for the boring times in the beginning when we could remember what universe we were in...

ninjanomnom

• Bay Watcher
  • Coder in training
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2012, 02:18:13 pm »

Wiki created, qfort.wikia.com
Still working on making non-players unable to edit, but i need someone to test this on. (Also sappho, as soon as I know your wiki username i will admin-ify you)

Contact me for information

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2012, 01:56:23 am »

Whoa, there's a lot of ads there. Guess I better only view that with firefox/noscript. I'll explore it better, sign up and fiddle around with it once my turn is done - and I plan to do that as soon as I have my breakfast. I've woken up in a DF-ho mood!

Is it possible to require admin approval to add a new user? I don't have any experience with wikis aside from reading them. Can we just make it completely read-only and only players can be approved for accounts to edit their pages? And only admins can lock/unlock pages for editing? It would be a shame to get everything all nice and organized then succumb to vandalism and lose everything.

If it's not possible to do it that way, maybe we should think more about +!!Scientist!!+'s original suggestion that we make a Google site and just use subpages for forts and the sitemap as the diagram. It would mean one person (presumably me) would be responsible for keeping everything organized, but then I was planning to do that anyway. I don't have experience with Google sites but it sounds feasible anyway.

Anyway, time to eat a bowl of chocolate cereal and finish up my turn.

ninjanomnom

• Bay Watcher
  • Coder in training
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2012, 03:28:07 am »

That is all possible, just need a bit of time to get used to it again. Been a while.

Did you make a user account? (Checking now)

OH ALSO: advertisements are only there if you arent logged in

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2012, 03:33:22 am »

Haven't yet, will do soon. Just finished my turn and updated my turn post for the last time. Now I'll upload the save and PM the next overseers. Time for the real fun to begin!

EDIT: First post updated, messages sent to the next players. I've decided to link to the save publicly so anyone can have a look if they want, but only the next two players should post turns. Everyone who has decided to take part, please double-check all my lists and whatnot and make sure I haven't missed anything. It's already a lot to keep track of. :) Now I'll go have another look at that wiki and see about putting my turn up there.

EDIT 2: Can we get a different background on that wiki? The high contrast on this one is really hurting my eyes. We can even leave it plain white for now, then later we can patchwork together some nice screen shots (faded to lower the contrast). Sound ok? Anyway, I've just put my turn up there as best I could. I really hate wikicode, but I guess I'll have to learn it someday anyway.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 04:34:10 am by Sappho »

ignatzami

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2012, 11:08:44 am »

Got the PM. I'll start today, or tomorrow. First update by Monday.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11