Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Urist.... mind at least planting something?  (Read 3024 times)

caddybear

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Supporter
    • View Profile
Re: Urist.... mind at least planting something?
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2012, 03:49:40 am »

Regen the world with the same seed, but with different history. And hope for the best.
And then did ARMOK say, the east is the holiest of directions, and thou shouldst not stand there lest thou be strucketh down by my holiest of beards. And then did the dorfs did say, we shall build from the west, for more do we fear the beard of ARMOK than the strike of the elephant.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2012, 07:47:11 am »

They're all lazy leisure loving dwarves. LOL. Its not a bug.. just... like the worst combination of personalities I've ever seen. They're all lazy selfish and obnoxious. Like, I don't even get how they got the gumption to start a fort unless they were thrown out for being lazy.

The last batch of Migrants really saved it though, had some farmers, a master fisher, and a near master gem cutter and gem setter it seems, so I think I'll be able to make it til the caravan arrives, and trade for all their food.

You know, I like to go over my starting 7's personalities in depth.  Not for reasons like this, but for RP reasons, I guess you could say, but it doesn't hurt that I can catch things like this before they happen.  (I prefer to name all my dwarves before embark based on personality traits.)
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2012, 10:31:11 am »

Leave these noble examples of Dwarfishness alone. Clearly they're destined for great things and are beneath manual labor. Your purpose, and the purpose of all migrants, is to serve them.

*Ahem*

Maaaaaaaaagm....

ClkWrkJester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2012, 12:45:12 pm »

An update! I attempted a reclaim with what seemed like a much better group of dwarves.

Who were eaten by giant dingos rather quickly.

I think I may pick a new spot, this place sucks.
Carve out a massive pit and construct a copper block tower! Challenge those goblin bastards with your phallus of justice!

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2012, 01:20:59 pm »

An update! I attempted a reclaim with what seemed like a much better group of dwarves.

Who were eaten by giant dingos rather quickly.

I think I may pick a new spot, this place sucks.

Some days, you roll natural 20s, other days, everything comes up Millhouse.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

ClkWrkJester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2012, 02:41:15 pm »

Honestly this is my favorite fort, BECAUSE its a disaster. My only other fort I've loved -this- much was the one where I kept reclaiming because of various issues.

First time they starved.  Second time I screwed up an Aquifer.

repeat that three more times.

Then crocodiles ate the next two embarks.

I finally resorted to a fully armoured group of dwarves who were bred for nothing but war, who murdered all the crocs, and established a basecamp only to get overwhelmed by the first siege.

It was like 3 days of hilarity with Yakkity Sax in the background. I finally just abandoned it and decided to take an adventurer there sometime to clean up on all the armour and weapons laying about.
Carve out a massive pit and construct a copper block tower! Challenge those goblin bastards with your phallus of justice!
Pages: 1 [2]