Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Saga of Stonetombs  (Read 1254 times)

Dragonchampion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Saga of Stonetombs
« on: May 11, 2012, 05:44:50 pm »

RAW ADAMANTINE! Praise the Miners! The Dwarves hurried down the mineshaft to look at the beautiful glowing blue metal. Sure, they had seem an alloy, Slademantine, in the caravans, but the bright blue pure adamantine seemed to shine in the darkness of the tunnels.

So they dug, and dug, mining more and mroe of the metal. Surely, the legends were wrong, nothing could happen from digging too deep, too greedily...

They were wrong.

With deathly, unholy screams from the bowels of the earth, demons poured from a hole in the middle of the adamantine. The glowing fires of hell burned from below, and the dwarves scrambled to get away as they began coming closer and closer.

Suddenly, two of the founding seven, dwarves who had been training for three years without rest in the art of the blade, stepped forward. Slashing and hacking, they cut their way through the demons, one by one, the demon's blood and bile pouring from their wounds as they died.

The two soldiers, Swoardmasters, finally buried their blades in the stone as they looked around. Every demon had been slain, the fort had been protected. But suddenly, they began to scream.

Some of the purple pus, the vile blood of the demons had spilled on their bodies. Their flesh began to expand, swelling like a baloon as their very blood boiled in their veins.
With a resounding, sickening splatter, they exploded, the blood coating the shaft of the mine, sealing their fate.

A day later, their remains were carried into a special chamber, near the dining hall. Line with gold statues and the very walls with gold bars, four statues of the two heroes stood in the corners as they were laid to rest in pure gold coffins, worthy of their heroism.

So was the saga of Urist Demonslayer and Monob Demonfear, mightiest heroes of Stonetombs.

Just a fortress I just finished, lost it to boredom/the fact I accidentally forgot to turn on advanced metals in Masterwork. Heh.

Hamsmagoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Saga of Stonetombs
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 09:52:47 pm »

I love how this game just inspires people to be storytellers.  So much unscripted drama.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2012, 06:53:33 am »

Exploding Swoardmastahs.

Haven't had that one yet.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2012, 11:01:51 am »

If you got some really memorable tales, I think there's a thread in general discusion that asks people for some story telling
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.