Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Fifth Book  (Read 1600 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
The Fifth Book
« on: July 28, 2012, 05:19:32 pm »

The Story of Creation

In the beginning there was nothing. And then the Creator came, and created light by which to see, and darkness with which to not see. And the creation of the darkness led to the end of the second day. And in the second day the Creator made the Sun to govern the light, which the Creator called day. And the Creator made the Moon to govern the darkness, which the Creator called night. And in the evening of the second day the Creator made the world and the sky, and all the oceans of water and fire that dwell on it. And the Creator saw that his work was good, and was pleased. And thus ended the second day. And on the third day the Creator made the plants in the fields, and in the ocean. And the Creator made the trees in the forests, and the bushes in the orchards, and the grasses on the plains. And the Creator was pleased on the dawning of the fourth day. And on the fourth day the Creator made all of the beasts of the fields, of the oceans and of the air. And the Creator made the beasts that burrowed inside the ground, in the trees and in the other beasts.

And on the fifth day the Creator created man, to govern over all the beasts of the world. And the Creator said to man, “Take care of the beasts of the fields, of the oceans and of the air. And the beasts that burrow in the trees, the grounds and the other beasts. For I have made these things with my own hands, and I entrust them to you. And if you break this trust, then I will smite you bitch.” And the men of the world nodded in agreement, for they saw the wisdom of the Creator’s words, and they did not wish to be smited.  And then the Creator left, to sow other worlds in the fields of the cosmos. And the Men took care of the beasts of the world, but over time they became insolent, and began to doubt the words of the Creator. And then Man turned against Man, and Woman against Woman, and Parent against Child and Brothers against Uncles, until war was waged across the entire world. But the wars of old were different from nowadays, for the wisdom of the Creator was better known by man, and the earth and the winds and the oceans of fire and water could be called upon. And thus Man smited Man and Woman smited Woman, and when the Creator returned it was with displeasure, for the race of man had already smited itself.

And on the 93,421,235th day the Creator called up the earth, and buried the ruined cities of man. And the Creator repaired the damage to the world, and yea, even remade the race of man. But the Creator did not give unto man the wisdom of the Creator, for they were judged unworthy. And the Creator created the race of the gods, and gave them the wisdom of the Creator. And then the Creator gathered up the race of the gods, and spoke. “I give unto you dominion over the race of man, who has command over all the beasts of the world, except for the Ibis, which is sacred to me. And take care of the Ibis and the race of man also, for the praise of man is your bread, and their gratitude is your water. And if you do not do this then I will come and smite you bitch.” And the gods nodded, for they saw the wisdom of the Creator’s words, and did not wish to be smited. And the creator continued, “Then I shall make five books, and therein inscribe the words of my wisdom. And these books will be the most holy books, for they are the holy books of the gods.” And then the Creator sat down and wrote the holy books, with the race of gods looking over the Creator’s shoulder in wonder. And then the Creator left, and entrusted the books of fire, water, earth and air to the gods. But the Creator took the fifth book, for therein was inscribed the most powerful wisdom of the Creator, which the race of gods was judged not yet worthy to read.

And then the race of Gods turned towards the world, and began to govern the race of man...

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Fifth Book
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 05:20:10 pm »

Spoiler: The Book of Fire (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Book of Water (click to show/hide)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2012, 05:20:51 pm »

Spoiler: The Book of Air (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Book of Earth (click to show/hide)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2012, 05:21:09 pm »

The marketplace is busy. Tents of every size and description lie inside the four walls of the courtyard. People throng the stalls, and the babble of noises is almost overwhelming. In one corner several Elfriki warriors stand guard over their camels, their splendid robes girthing their muscular frames, and their tribal masks covering their features. In another corner a group of priests are arguing. Those who follow the Goddess Jel are clothed in sackcloth, while the priests of the God Ylbu are richly adorned, with copper sandals covering their feet. In another corner a slave, his scalp shaved and his feet unshod, struggles with an angry goat. And in another corner a group of slack-jawed youths stand around an old foreigner, his faced covered in scars and his armour rusted, who regales them with stories from his travels. The people of Elam are proud of their market, for it lies on the crossroads of three major trading routes, the Ivory Way from Ulahgahla, the Spice Road from the far east, and the Northern Route, though few merchants travel it nowadays.

Dredonius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2012, 03:42:09 pm »

-Talk to the slave, asking him of his troubles, and offering to help.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2012, 05:57:12 pm »

You try talking to the slave, but he acts as if he can't hear you. Maybe you're using the wrong words or something.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2012, 06:15:31 pm »

"Delifheflre." In read mode.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2012, 06:34:31 pm »

"Delifheflre." In read mode.

As you utter the word of command the minds of men become open to you. Having no better targets, you look into the mind of the slave.

Hovering near the top of his mind are thoughts of bring this unruly goat to the temples, to be sacrificed to the great God Inili.  But it is like the tip of an iceberg, for below it lies thoughts of punishment and beatings from his master, and a desire to do good. The thought of punish is so large that it drives other thoughts away, and they hover like bees at the edge of his mind. Most of them are too murky to make out, but you catch glimpses of fertile fields, doubt and a young woman.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2012, 06:53:37 pm »

Gehdkeljhre. Tell him about how we will bring justice etc.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2012, 07:08:42 pm »

The slave looks up nervously. "Um..." he stammers, "Who'll bring justice?"

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2012, 07:18:10 pm »

The slave looks up nervously. "Um..." he stammers, "Who'll bring justice?"
Explain the whole god bit, do a few miracles, the whole Jesus esque part.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2012, 07:19:35 pm »

The slave looks around and asks, "Are you off your nut or something?"

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2012, 07:21:02 pm »

The slave looks around and asks, "Are you off your nut or something?"
Calm down the goat and him. Flefheflri

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2012, 08:43:10 am »

Calm down the goat and him. Flefheflri

The goat stops struggling, a rather peaceful look on it's eyes. A similar look passes over the face of the slave as well. With the goat no longer being stubborn, the slave begins leading it through the marketplace, though more at a slow stroll than a walk.