Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16

Author Topic: Nihon Nights: OOC - Always Recruiting!  (Read 19341 times)

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
Re: Nihon Nights: OOC - Always Recruiting!
« Reply #195 on: June 10, 2012, 04:49:12 am »

Thatkid, i want to remember where the thing is so i can throw my hook again and get up quickly when i'm back down, idon't want to leave it there.
...what thing?

I... I think he means whatever he's trying to grapple onto?
And he seems to be under the impression that Sumeru(I think he's there) has several concrete buildings. Does it even have a concrete building?

It does have a few. But the act of grappel-hooking doesn't work that way. He'd still just need to make the same roll again to climb back up.

yes, i meant that thing.
But if i have to do that roll over and over again..... :-\

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 10, 2012, 05:11:08 am »

Thatkid, i want to remember where the thing is so i can throw my hook again and get up quickly when i'm back down, idon't want to leave it there.
...what thing?

I... I think he means whatever he's trying to grapple onto?
And he seems to be under the impression that Sumeru(I think he's there) has several concrete buildings. Does it even have a concrete building?

It does have a few. But the act of grappel-hooking doesn't work that way. He'd still just need to make the same roll again to climb back up.

yes, i meant that thing.
But if i have to do that roll over and over again..... :-\
The reason you had to do it twice the first time was because of bad luck, not because it was too difficult.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 10, 2012, 09:42:33 am »

Remind me never to leave the done-ness of a conversation open to interpretation.   ::)
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 10, 2012, 09:46:01 am »

Remind me never to leave the done-ness of a conversation open to interpretation.   ::)
It isn't the lack of done-ness so much as the complete lack of action at the end. I didn't have anything to roll.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 10, 2012, 09:54:37 am »

So TK, now that HailFire has (seemingly unintentionally)ignored you saying that there was a murder in the bathhouse, what poor bozo is going to die because of this?

Ending the conversation at the point you did was a pretty weird move. Having a closing statement is good for reflecting that dialogue has officially ended and you're ready to move on.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 10, 2012, 10:06:11 am »

So TK, now that HailFire has (seemingly unintentionally)ignored you saying that there was a murder in the bathhouse, what poor bozo is going to die because of this?

On the contrary, I didn't ignore him at all. Firstly, she'd never intended it to be a lethal duel, so she's not just going to let the poor bastard die. Secondly, he might anyway if she blows the medicine roll, and thirdly, it was only a rumor, which aren't always true... and there is enough blood around the place. :P
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 14, 2012, 12:43:26 am »

Are we waiting on somebody here or something?
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 14, 2012, 01:19:07 am »

Purposefully slowing down updates to once every two or three days so that people who are on an extended hiatus don't get left too far behind.

It may seem pretty suckish now, but if you find yourself in a similar situation you'll receive the same benefit. Which, honestly, I would greatly appreciate. Golden rule blahblah

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 14, 2012, 01:35:07 am »

Purposefully slowing down updates to once every two or three days so that people who are on an extended hiatus don't get left too far behind.

It may seem pretty suckish now, but if you find yourself in a similar situation you'll receive the same benefit. Which, honestly, I would greatly appreciate. Golden rule blahblah
As long as it's intentional, that's perfectly fine and understandable. I just wanted to make sure this didn't die off from inactivity, which happens all to often on this forum.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 01:37:32 am by Kadzar »
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 14, 2012, 01:43:39 am »

As long as it's intentional, that's perfectly fine and understandable. I just wanted to make sure this didn't die off from inactivity, which happens all to often on this forum.
Nope.

As usual when I make a blunder like this: My apologies for not maintaining an open line of communication regarding such things. It is currently around 3am June 14 as I write this. Expect an update by 3am June 15.

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
  • This space has been left blank by the user.
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 15, 2012, 01:25:33 pm »

Child of Armok, how do you even know about Ted?

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 15, 2012, 01:37:30 pm »

In the beginning i asked around in the Sunblossem Inn about what happend.
'Cause the peasants where cleaning the square of blood.
And then they told me a Ronin and a Samurai challenged the Magistrate's soldiers.
And after they won they tried to start a rebbelion.....

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 15, 2012, 01:52:05 pm »

It's funny how the different characters view Ted and Hori from the magistrate incident.
Ted became a detractor of a revolutionary group willing to track down his 'accomplice' to protect his clan, and Hori became the demonic 'accomplice' who needs to be caught and brought to justice. I'm already looking forward to the future of this game.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 15, 2012, 10:23:34 pm »

It should be amusing when one of us finally gets around to killing the magistrate- we two ninjas are from rival clans, and while we probably have different missions, this could easily become a game of spy v.s. spy.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #209 on: June 16, 2012, 03:07:55 pm »

I am currently sitting outside a cvs, in florida, my car has broken down, and my friends I were staying with are out of town til tommorow night, so it may be a while until I can post again.
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16