Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: ‼What has science done‼?! Version 0.17 -- Forever deprecated!  (Read 16961 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: ‼What has science done‼?! Version 0.10
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2012, 11:50:10 pm »

I tried to wrap my head around what you were saying, and then I realized:

Good god, you're right.

Humans are agricultural by nature. They could grow various interesting plants and raise animals! A reworking of good biomes even further is in order. Sorry, elves, your sun berry exporting days are over!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: ‼What has science done‼?! Version 0.12
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2012, 08:58:12 pm »

Bah. I can't find any good info on plastics. I guess I'll just have to stick with the generic one for now.

DarthBoogalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Wicked.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2012, 11:46:52 pm »

I think Deon's older Wasteland mod had plastic?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2012, 11:50:17 pm »

It was called "Plasteel". I updated it for 31.25 a while back. What I want are specific polyethylene stuffs, but I can't find good info on that, so I'm not going to try and I'm going to keep the abstract stuff.

Instead, I'm working on elves. They're the only ones who use trees, and they are going to use a certain tool to make (essentially infinite) crafts and weapons and crap because magic.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: ‼What has science done‼?! Version 0.13
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2012, 01:53:11 pm »

They don't even need the tool.

0.13 has been released. This version contains fully playable elves. It's easy mode. Wildlife won't attack, but you can't dig and, being elves, people tend to hate you.

EDIT: Despite being easy mode, my seasonal above-ground crops portion of the mod has caused death to my elves. Fun.

EDIT 2: Also added a quiver to the bow reaction; elves have a difficult time making quivers.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 10:33:51 pm by Putnam »

DarthBoogalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Wicked.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2012, 08:08:37 pm »

Could make some below-average quality crops only available to elves that grow as fast/faster then vanilla plants?
No digging and people hating you doesn't sound like easy mode to me.  :P
E: Can they even attack wildlife? will said wildlife fight back in fort mode?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 08:12:15 pm by DarthBoogalo »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2012, 08:12:32 pm »

Well, elves do get infinite supplies, so that's easy mode :P

DarthBoogalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Wicked.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2012, 08:18:08 pm »

Infinite Supplies? I'll definitely have to give this a go sometime, though I don't play DF much anymore.
Possibly expect more feedback from me after Toady's next update, or maybe not! Idunno.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2012, 05:34:59 pm »

Question: Do dwarves play much differently than in vanilla?

Also, you seem to have screwed up; I keep getting "chain"s and "boxes and bag"s when my elves try to form chains and chests.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2012, 05:37:07 pm »

Question: Do dwarves play much differently than in vanilla?

Also, you seem to have screwed up; I keep getting "chain"s and "boxes and bag"s when my elves try to form chains and chests.

The latter makes some sense.

Dwarves don't play too differently. You just have some new stuff.

I should work on this again now that I've done some stuff for the Middle-Earth mod.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 05:38:47 pm by Putnam »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2012, 08:51:13 pm »

Mind making sure you have the stuff right?

It's INORGANIC:WEAPONWOOD, by the way. The magic tree doesn't have a weaponwood material.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2012, 08:59:17 pm »

I had to deprecate the entire "magic wood" thing in development because I had issues with declaring the PLANT_MAT; WEAPONWOOD is now in its own file.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2012, 09:41:03 pm »

A idea 'bot:

It's kind of round-ish, with a indent on the bottom. That indent holds a [CLOUD:THUNBER] inside it,and it is the thing that hypotheticly  makes it fly. It shoot's lightning from a cannon near that little cloud indent, and has a few sensers on it that could get damaged. It's the basic friendly sentry bot.

Bigger versions ( Whale-sized) might have "wings" each with "turbines" with there own little ministorms under it, and of course that lightning gun would change from a small zap to a dwarf-obliterating pulse of pure electric hate.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2012, 08:18:45 am »

I had to deprecate the entire "magic wood" thing in development because I had issues with declaring the PLANT_MAT; WEAPONWOOD is now in its own file.
I see. Here's hoping you fix the bug that move made soon.

A idea 'bot:
It's kind of round-ish, with a indent on the bottom. That indent holds a [CLOUD:THUNBER] inside it,and it is the thing that hypotheticly  makes it fly. It shoot's lightning from a cannon near that little cloud indent, and has a few sensers on it that could get damaged. It's the basic friendly sentry bot.
Bigger versions ( Whale-sized) might have "wings" each with "turbines" with there own little ministorms under it, and of course that lightning gun would change from a small zap to a dwarf-obliterating pulse of pure electric hate.
Electricity's sorta hard to do in DF, but while we're on it...
Some "rogue robots" in "good" areas would be neat. Maybe one whic randomly zaps creatures with weird pharmaceuticals that can provide certain benifets, but also have a small chance of driving the recipient CRAZED (and a higher chance of sterility?), also with a natural weapon that mixes these into a poison for when it's attacked?
Sig

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2012, 12:35:35 pm »

Okay, fixed that. Fixed plenty of stuff.

I'm now working on playable humans. They'll have some difficulty with underground.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5