Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: ‼What has science done‼?! Version 0.17 -- Forever deprecated!  (Read 16999 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: ‼What has science done‼?! Version 0.13
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2012, 07:52:10 pm »

Ooh, neat!
Maybe give them some reactions that can turn "twitching seeds" (resilient, immobile, domestic creatures) into various kinds of neat or dangerous plants, like one you can milk for sap or one you can set up to attack any nearby goblins or something?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2012, 09:07:17 pm »

Thank you, I had no ideas :P I've already made a couple special (in their usefulness) plants for them, hemp and maize.

(Between the two, you have everything that plants can do in-game)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2012, 10:01:51 pm »

Plat plants, maybe, but not creature-plants, or plants in reactions.
...I like the idea of humans having these neat plants.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

DarthBoogalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Wicked.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2012, 10:21:23 pm »

Make them get a wicked bad tummy ache if they spend too much time underground, and by wicked bad tummy ache I mean make them lose the use of their eyeballs and also give them a wicked bad tummy ache and vomit every time they go outside.
If possible, give them a syndrome-loaded drink that allows them to function in the dark for a while?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2012, 10:27:51 pm »

Ooh, a drink that counteracts the effects of cave madness... though that could ruin the point :P

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2012, 10:33:15 pm »

Ooh, a drink that counteracts the effects of cave madness... though that could ruin the point :P
Not if the required ingredients are needed in large amounts (50 plump helmets = 1 portion of drink deal)

Also... How would you make it counter-act another syndrome? (-) values?

DarthBoogalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Wicked.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2012, 10:37:41 pm »

I think it worked that way,  it'd just halt it for a while?
Maybe you could reverse it for dwarves who get cave adaption, negating the vomitting and such from going out in the daylight, since the no-going-underground thing is for humans.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2012, 10:42:55 pm »

Not if the required ingredients are needed in large amounts (50 plump helmets = 1 portion of drink deal)
Or if you didn't just brew the plant, but had to (say) import seeds from a rare, valuable fungus from the dwarves, then grow them (probably slowly), then proccess them in a reaction that has a chance of releasing a toxic cloud (probably not lethal-toxic, but unpleasant-toxic), and then the drink has some other neat side effects, like perhaps a tiny chance of murderous craziness.

I think it worked that way,  it'd just halt it for a while?
Maybe you could reverse it for dwarves who get cave adaption, negating the vomitting and such from going out in the daylight, since the no-going-underground thing is for humans.
I'm not even sure how the reverse-cave-adaptation thing works, so I can't comment on it, but I somehow doubt that we can fiddle with such hardcoded thingies.
Sig

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
Re: ‼What has science done‼?! Version 0.01
« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2012, 10:47:55 pm »

As an afterthought, I also included the ability to cook rock salt into meals, so that's nice. I didn't test it much. but I know it works and I know that you're going to have salt roasts made of salt, salt, salt, and salt.
I just added my own "Rock Salt into edible plant bits" reaction into OldGenesis this week :^)
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2012, 12:39:50 am »

Updated OP a bit. I kind of suck at these things, so tell me if it catches any eyes >_>

rynait

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2012, 02:39:03 am »

Hello,

saw plastic in this thread.   there was an attempt to make plastic mod for an old version gotta look for the link. did contribute some information.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=84471.0

R
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 02:43:31 am by rynait »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2012, 02:46:09 am »

I saw that yesterday. I thought it was interesting, but a bit too abstract for me (making ammonia out of nothing? Huh?)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2012, 12:14:17 pm »

I saw that yesterday. I thought it was interesting, but a bit too abstract for me (making ammonia out of nothing? Huh?)
Milk Cat's for Urine?
I think cats have the most Ammonia in their Urine.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Updated now!

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

What do the dwarves do with erbium and yttrium?  Fiber laser amplifiers? :O
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5