Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: ‼What has science done‼?! Version 0.17 -- Forever deprecated!  (Read 16917 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Current devplan: ignore this mod forever and replace it with something else.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 07:23:34 pm by Putnam »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: ‼What has science done‼?! Version 0.01
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 09:53:33 pm »

Is this a sci-fi yet mideval mod? kinda like FFX? (not saying it is like, just saying it has high tech stuff yet mostly everyone is swords and spells.)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, 09:55:17 pm »

No, it's kind of... industry-techno-sword&sorcery.

Really, it's interesting. It's going to have modern metalworking etc. with DF-level weaponry and magic because why have modern weapons when you have magic?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2012, 10:06:48 pm »

Sweet, and that makes sense. It's like evolution, mankind (us) made guns and all that jazz because we needed something better to kill each other with.

But with this, magic is just as effienct at letting everyone kill each other. So why try making new weapons?

Of course new ways of making metal could help with so many things, are you going to include automations/clockwork creations to aid the dwarves?

EDIT:
Typos from hell

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2012, 10:10:40 pm »

Dohohoho.

Aid isn't the right word. I'd say that these ones prevent dwarves from killing themselves.

Forcefully.

(Unfortunately, I have a total black hole of originality in my mind, so I need ideas for castes for this artificial organic race other than "hurr one has a sword arm and another has a hammer arm")

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2012, 10:13:06 pm »

Sounds a bit like Shadowrun. Now thats a TC I would love to see :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2012, 10:21:49 pm »

Look at some of my automations for Project Clockwerk, you might like a few. Like the assassin automation that goes into hiding and attacks with poisons. My fav is the Defender

And the artificial organics, make them like Rea? The cat like girl from Phantasy Star 4. She was created by an anceint supercomputer that raised her and tought her everything. She is like over 100 years old and still looks 19, also the androids from PS4 are epic too.

and some spells might be duo-able in DF now.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2012, 10:54:57 pm »

I really should mention what's in the mod already:

Look at your periodic table.

See all those elements in the middle? The two rows in the middle and the top row below all the rest?

That.

You ever been in a chemistry class? You ever use those strong acids?

H2SO4, baby. Don't drink. HCl is just as bad for you.

As an afterthought, I also included the ability to cook rock salt into meals, so that's nice. I didn't test it much. but I know it works and I know that you're going to have salt roasts made of salt, salt, salt, and salt.

DarthBoogalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Wicked.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2012, 08:31:28 am »

A female robot caste that is just a squishy round ball, if someone decides it wants a sphere for a wife, it will spit out a ridiculous amount of babies.

Let's say more advanced weapon or armormaking has a chance of releasing a lethal toxin when forging, and make a robot caste that learns to forge metals fairly quickly, and is immune to said toxin, it cannot learn to fight easily, if at all, but is still rather hardy and is equipped with a forging hammer arm.

A medical spiderdroid-thingy that begins with some skill in medicine and learns said skills quickly, has a bonesaw bodypart, among other things, but is even worse at combat then the forgerbot, and is quite brittle, but also fast, It'd be cool if it injected various poisons into enemies if you put one in your military.

And.. a spherical droid, VERY good observing, made up of a fragile and possibly expensive 'eye' and a thin copper shell, it moves faster  then the medical spider but has absolutely no attacking ability except for pushing, it's meant to be posted at your fort's entrance with restraints to find the skulking filth, so this one could be a pet, obviously trainable into a war animal, you know, if you want fast moving spheres to throw themselves at enemies.

I don't recommend taking the first suggestion seriously at all.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2012, 08:48:09 am »

34.08 has been released, and...

I need do nothing. Hell yeah, foresight.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: ‼What has science done‼?! Version 0.10
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2012, 01:30:52 pm »

Okay, so huge update, now it may actually be worth playing...

Paramatter

• Bay Watcher
  • [POSITION:HERMIT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2012, 02:24:41 pm »

And the artificial organics, make them like Rea? The cat like girl from Phantasy Star 4. She was created by an anceint supercomputer that raised her and tought her everything. She is like over 100 years old and still looks 19, also the androids from PS4 are epic too.

That's Rika.  Also she's not over 100 years, she's one.  As in a single digit.  It says as much on her status screen in the game, and the Phantasy Star Compendium.

When it comes to artificial organic castes...  Perhaps it might be worth taking a look at the roster of enemies from the first System Shock game?  There's plenty of mutants and cyborgs to be had there.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2012, 02:47:01 pm »

That's Rika.  Also she's not over 100 years, she's one.  As in a single digit.  It says as much on her status screen in the game, and the Phantasy Star Compendium.

When it comes to artificial organic castes...  Perhaps it might be worth taking a look at the roster of enemies from the first System Shock game?  There's plenty of mutants and cyborgs to be had there.
Thank you, It might have been another charater that was 100 years old. I haven't played PS4 in ages.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2012, 10:40:39 pm »

For the artificial organic race, I went with a "dwarf bane" theme, so I've got that down. Now I need a few electrowon minerals and some ideas for what could make humans different from the decidedly magical elves and decidedly technological dwarves.

DarthBoogalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Wicked.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2012, 10:53:02 pm »

Humans could breed carnivorous plant life, SOMEHOW~ trained to bite enemies? o:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5