Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.34.08 Released  (Read 66474 times)

Raven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.34.08 Released
« Reply #105 on: May 15, 2012, 05:20:52 am »

http://dwarffortressitalia.tumblr.com/

Italian blog about Dwarf Fortress

Il primo blog italiano su Dwarf Fortress

Iceflame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 15, 2012, 08:47:46 am »

Any major bugs when using a 0.34.07 save?

I don't want to give up my recent fort. The lack of everything makes it fun.

Urist McCheeseMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 15, 2012, 08:49:20 am »

I had two dwarves (one adult, one baby) die of thirst in no time in a mature fort with rich booze stockpiles, a working well and a river and lots of small ponds scattered within my outer wall. Also, everyone was literally cramming themselves into the narrow hospital doorway to put every single bit of cloth in the chests, ignoring the limit or even the fact that I had removed the hospital while they were walking.. But the minecarts are sweeeet.

Not sure if bugs, so I'm not putting them on the bug tracker until someone confirms them.

Trickman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 15, 2012, 09:03:42 am »

OH GAWD THANKS TOADY!!
This is a plain text forum signature. All typedwarfship is of the finest quality. It menaces with sentences of plain text.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #109 on: May 15, 2012, 12:37:50 pm »

Gosh diddly darn it Toady, I have coursework due on Thursday morning that I need to make a start on -_-

maluraq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 15, 2012, 02:35:32 pm »

Have you ever considered adding an official Bittorrent option to the download links?  It just strikes me that it would help lower bandwidth needs and make distribution easier in more distant areas.

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 15, 2012, 08:03:47 pm »

Just installed, and now its time to..

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!

Lokathor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 15, 2012, 10:27:31 pm »

My dwarves won't load up the minecart :(

They just keep using the wheelbarrow over and over.

I fixed my problem: The minecart has to be set as taking from a stockpile, it (sadly) won't just accept things off the ground.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 16, 2012, 02:12:22 am »

So, I've never had this before in any version.. I'm in a Haunted Mountain biome with a Mirthful Rocky Wasteland on the other side, for reference.

The fortress is going quite swell, except any animals/creatures/migrants that appear from this 'Haunted' biome appear either with all-red wounds listed as 'blisters', or in the case of immigrants, every single body-part is "swollen with Urist's blood" [a sign of bad infection, right?] and they die almost immediately. They also spawn as Hungry, Thirsty, Drowsy, Paralyzed [the main killer], and Pale. Like I said, I've never had this before and I've spent almost all my my recent fortress time in bad biomes.

Is this new? Because if so, Dwarves need to be made immune to environmental damage until they actually appear on the map so they're not just immediately crippled and die without moving, since it makes getting new immigrants rather difficult.

And every group of migrants appears from the haunted Biome. Unfortunately, none have attempted the Mirthful border. Stupid sods. :|

Could include the save if you'd like, I'm probably just going to abandon this fort anyways since it's unplayable since anything that appears on half of my map is half dead/paralyzed, including other Civilization entities..
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 02:14:46 am by Mictlantecuhtli »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 16, 2012, 02:48:00 am »

Problem with balancing flux in this stone drop changes - you got 4 times less flux now. It can be very bad in some forts. Might need to change steel reactions to use 1 boulder for 4 steel bars. It was proposed in some forum thread but i can't find it (just so that it is understood that it is not originally my observation).

Nyotor Lizardhammers

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 16, 2012, 05:25:13 am »

Awww, so does this mean my favorite colored rock (cobaltite) is now a boring grey stone?

Tempted to get this version, but also want to wait till the immediate next bugfix so I can channel and use wheelbarrows better
Nyo Ho Ho!

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 16, 2012, 08:27:43 am »

Pretty sure I just had an announcementless ambush. Anyone else had one?
But .... It's so small!
It's not the size of the pick that counts... it's the size of the man with the pick.
Quote from: Toady One
Naturally, we'd like to make life miserable for everybody, randomly, but that'll take some doing.

Raven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 16, 2012, 08:41:21 am »

welll it IS an ambush now, right?  8)
http://dwarffortressitalia.tumblr.com/

Italian blog about Dwarf Fortress

Il primo blog italiano su Dwarf Fortress

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 16, 2012, 08:46:51 am »

Problem with balancing flux in this stone drop changes - you got 4 times less flux now. It can be very bad in some forts. Might need to change steel reactions to use 1 boulder for 4 steel bars. It was proposed in some forum thread but i can't find it (just so that it is understood that it is not originally my observation).
I was reading somewhere... not sure if it works... that you can use flux blocks (of which there should be 4 per stone?).  So try to make blocks out of your stone and see if that can be used in recipes.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 16, 2012, 08:48:06 am »

I was reading somewhere... not sure if it works... that you can use flux blocks (of which there should be 4 per stone?).  So try to make blocks out of your stone and see if that can be used in recipes.

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:STEEL_MAKING]
[NAME:make steel bars]
[BUILDING:SMELTER:NONE]
[REAGENT:A:150:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:IRON]
[REAGENT:B:150:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:PIG_IRON]

[REAGENT:C:1:>>BOULDER<<:NO_SUBTYPE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:FLUX]

[REAGENT:D:150:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:COAL:NO_MATGLOSS]
[PRODUCT:100:2:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:STEEL][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[FUEL]
[SKILL:SMELT]

Nope.