Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.34.08 Released  (Read 66520 times)

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.34.08 Released
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2012, 09:50:08 am »

Quick tips:
d-T to designate tracks. Engraver job.
q-w on a stockpile for wheelbarrow something. Choose 0-3 barrows for this stockpile.

"k" on barrow or cart, enter to view, in there can set a follow-camera hotkey! (example: k-enter-F9)
or just k-F on it to set a temporary follow view.

Graphical tileset users: I guess the floor hatch symbol will be all right for wheelbarrow.

Hey Toady, does the smelt ore reaction now give 4 haulfuls of metal bars from one ore? Or is that unchanged?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 09:57:23 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2012, 10:00:49 am »

Can someone please upload the linux version onto dffd? Can't access the main page for some reason.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Daenyth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2012, 10:03:56 am »

Is this version save compatible with .07? I don't want to lose my fort!
Though (it appears) you would be able to transfer your saves across, my advice would be to retain the .07 directory to continue playing with that with the fort you "don't want to lose" (only without all the fancy new toys) even while you get a .08 directory with brand new worldgens in order to experience all the new stuff without risk.

And then maybe consider making a copy of the .07 fort that you've developed into the .08 area (changing its name, if necessary, to avoid collosion, or the save it would have collided with) to see if it does work nicely (it should) and to get a fully-developed fort (that you've spend ages digging out and equipping) that at least the minecarts should now be addable-into, to save time developing that "from scratch" .08 save.

(Does that make sense?  Hope so.)

I always backup my fort saves between every upgrade.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2012, 10:05:53 am »

@tomitaipo: I say yes. Look at the raws for the smelter reactions:

[REACTION:BRASS_MAKING]
[NAME:make brass bars (use ore)]
[BUILDING:SMELTER:NONE]
[REAGENT:A:1:METAL_ORE:ZINC]
[REAGENT:B:1:METAL_ORE:COPPER]
[PRODUCT:100:8:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:BRASS][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150] <== 2 ore makes 8 bars.
[FUEL]
[SKILL:SMELT]
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2012, 10:09:28 am »

Coolbeans! Now i'm looking forward to some of the annoying common bugs that always crop up being fixed off of Mantis :D
Start Duelyst with a bonus 100gold, use referral code: Buttfungus
Enter during signup or ingame under Settings.

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2012, 10:10:28 am »

You can also place tracks (on soil, for instance) by using 'b'uild - 'C'onstruction - track or something along these lines.

How about wood? 1 wood = 4 w/blocks?

Nope. 1 wood = 1 set of blocks. But trees are still guaranteed to drop 100% logs, so it just stays the same for wood.

And yes, 1 ore = 4 bars. Similarly, reactions that require 2 ores now grant 8 bars.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 10:36:10 am by EagleV »
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

SmileyMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2012, 10:17:04 am »

Quick tips:
d-T to designate tracks. Engraver job.
q-w on a stockpile for wheelbarrow something. Choose 0-3 barrows for this stockpile.

"k" on barrow or cart, enter to view, in there can set a follow-camera hotkey! (example: k-enter-F9)
or just k-F on it to set a temporary follow view.

Graphical tileset users: I guess the floor hatch symbol will be all right for wheelbarrow.

Hey Toady, does the smelt ore reaction now give 4 haulfuls of metal bars from one ore? Or is that unchanged?
Any idea how you get a minecart onto a track?

Or what sort of stockpile stores spare carts?
In a fat-fingered moment while setting up another military squad I accidentally created a captain of the guard rather than a militia captain.  His squad of near-legendary hammerdwarves equipped with high quality silver hammers then took it upon themselves to dispense justice to all the mandate breakers in the fortress.  It was quite messy.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2012, 10:26:08 am »

Can someone please upload the linux version onto dffd? Can't access the main page for some reason.
Please?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 10:48:44 am by zombie urist »
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2012, 10:39:17 am »

Any idea how you get a minecart onto a track?

Or what sort of stockpile stores spare carts?

You need to designate the track under 'h'auling. Set stops where you want the cart to go, under every stop, set what you want it to do there (whether you want the dwarves to ride, push, or guide it, and when it has to depart). Then assign a cart to the track.

And I think it was furniture.
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2012, 10:43:50 am »

Please?

Here is the direct link to the linux download.  Does that work for you?

Congrats on the release, Toady.  Just starting a new fortress to test things out before I import my old one.  Have to say that my dwarves hauling chert boulders for the defensive wall didn't seem to be that slowed, and I don't know how to make them use wheelbarrows... do they have to be linked to routes to use?  Perhaps we need to set up more mini-stockpiles now to shunt stuff around.

The new follow feature is beautiful.  Watching the expedition leader mine out a few rooms was pretty cool.  When a fort is sufficiently large and interesting, could be neat to sit down with a beer and just watch some dwarf go through his day.

edit - Thought I embarked with a barrow, but just made one and some dwarf just started scooting around like a madman, awesome!  The hauling routes thing is thoroughly confusing me at the mo though, have to spend a while getting to grips with that menu.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 10:59:10 am by hermes »
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

Iceflame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 14, 2012, 11:20:07 am »

Well, another question - can Minecarts use Stairs or ramps to go a z-level up or down?

jwest23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 14, 2012, 11:30:30 am »

Very excited by the potential in the new features, Toady!  Thank you!

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 14, 2012, 11:58:04 am »

I just realized, it's been exactly three months since the 04.01 release, and they've been amazing.
Thank you for all your work, and thank you for this great release!
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

John Keel

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_AVATAR:ALWAYS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 14, 2012, 01:41:11 pm »

Hey- I've built a track with stops at each end, set a route with r (with appropriate exit conditions, the defaults changed to push and material set to general stone) and gotten a cart to the right stop, but no one is loading it. Wat do?
King of the Onslaught of Narwhals

rhesusmacabre

• Bay Watcher
  • UNDEAD-CANNOT BE ATTACKED
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2012, 01:50:04 pm »

You have to assign a stockpile to the stop. In the [h]auling menu, select the stop, move your cursor over the the stockpile and then press [s]. You can toggle between give/take with [t].
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9