Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: fill pond - 34.08  (Read 1211 times)

TerryDactyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
fill pond - 34.08
« on: May 15, 2012, 01:34:08 am »

I've imported a save from 34.07 to take advantage of the new features. Two things I've noticed are that the colours seem much more vibrant, and that my dwarves will sit at the side of a water source all day, without ever getting the nerve to carry that bucket to the designated pond zone and dump it. Anybody else notice this? Am I missing something? I am, of course, following standard 'ipPf' procedures. All zones are 'active'. The buckets my otherwise-idle dwarves carry contain stagnant water and a coating of grime. But I really don't see this as a problem. I'm not asking them to *drink* the stuff. I've tried it at both 3-deep and 5-deep water sources... it might have something to do with new hauling? Can I get an expert on the line?

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
Re: fill pond - 34.08
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 04:53:09 am »

others have encountered the same problem, also with cleaning wounded, so while I'm not an expert I can assure you you're not alone
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

GhostDwemer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 09:59:02 am »

Zones are broken but there are reports that wells still work.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2012, 10:14:36 pm »

But if you're trying to make a well from rivers or ponds, then you have a catch-22. My current problem: I had dwarves standing out there for what seemed like a year. I've essentialy given up on filling that well.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 10:12:58 pm by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2012, 10:18:20 pm »

But if you're trying to make a well from rivers or ponds, then you have a catch-22. My current problem. I had dwarves standing out there for what seemed like a year. I've essentialy given up on filling that well.

Dig a reservoir, divert the river into it, seal it, build your well above the contained water?
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.

HiEv

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Counter-Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2012, 11:00:01 pm »

Note that if you're using v0.34.08 that there was a water hauling bug which could cause that problem, but it was fixed in v0.34.09.

Bug #5882: Dwarves take forever to fill a bucket
The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence has its limits.