Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23

Author Topic: Skyscrapes 2: Height of the Living Dead (succession)  (Read 68975 times)

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Skyscrapes 2: Scrape Harder! (succession)
« Reply #300 on: June 11, 2013, 11:21:05 am »

Progress is progress, even with injuries and death.  No need to re-play the year I say.  On to the next brave overseer!

Sizik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 11, 2013, 11:46:02 am »

Message sent to TheDJ17.
Skyscrapes, the Tower-Fortress, finally complete!
Skyscrapes 2, repelling the zombie horde!

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PEDANTRY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: June 15, 2013, 10:41:39 pm »

I would like to be added on the turn list.

I'd also like some information as to how to kick a save into not looking massively wonky after it changes from Phoebus to vanilla* ASCII, because when I downloaded jmnmaui's save to make sure the fort wouldn't kill my computer (48fps when unpaused, it'll do), it looked like this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm preeeeeetty sure sand walls aren't supposed to be i graves.

*I use Taffer's 10x10 for square ASCII goodness.

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

Sizik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: June 15, 2013, 11:45:53 pm »

Try replacing the raws with default ones. Many graphics packs alter which tiles objects get, so they can more efficiently use the texture pack space.

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: June 15, 2013, 11:48:51 pm »

Try replacing the raws with default ones. Many graphics packs alter which tiles objects get, so they can more efficiently use the texture pack space.

Thanks. I'll see if that works so I can be ready to accidentally destroy this fortress in a spiral of death due to my noobitude forge forth valiantly for dorfkind.

Edit: Yup, looks normal now! I'll just put it aside so I don't feel too tempted to screw around with everything before my turn happens. Could whoever ends up doing a turn next please dorf me as a farmer?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 12:13:29 am by Lielac »

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

Sizik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: June 16, 2013, 10:35:39 am »

TheDJ17 skipped, on to tahujdt.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: June 16, 2013, 11:19:37 am »

TheDJ17 skipped, on to tahujdt.
Will take it (reluctantly), but a combination of working at a Cub Scout camp and not having written up my Spearbreakers turn yet means that I can play, but I won't have much time left to post updates. Sorry.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: June 17, 2013, 01:47:18 pm »

Eek, it's on the second page!

Not to sound too eager to get to my own turn but tahujdt, if it's a bad time for you to take a turn, you can always voluntarily skip, and then whenever it's a good time again you can ask to be slotted back in.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: June 18, 2013, 01:59:13 am »

I'll skip, then. Sorry. :(
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Sizik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: June 18, 2013, 05:13:30 am »

Go ahead then, Lielac.

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: June 18, 2013, 01:49:01 pm »

Awright! -cracks knuckles-

AND IT BEGINS

Diary of Lielac Onshenkel, Planter

1st Granite, 109

Oh merciful Ral, I barely know anybody in this fortress. I've been without booze for I don't even know how long, there are hundreds of undead outside the gates, and half my clothing is falling to pieces...

And the last overseer, jmnmaui, just came up to me looking really quite frazzled, told me I was the overseer now, and took off. I think she's in her room just down the corridor, in her room with her children...

Ral, we only have four Urists of booze. Four. There is something seriously wrong with this fortress, and I don't mean the copious amounts of shambling corpses outside.

All right. First order of business: get some damn booze. We certainly have enough plants for it.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 02:06:56 pm by Lielac »

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: June 18, 2013, 04:48:55 pm »

5th Granite, 109

Damn and blast! We don't have any spare barrels or pots, and our only miner is resting in the hospital.

I'll have to ask still-healthy dwarves if they have any experience swinging a pick, and perhaps hollow out that mountain... I'll do it myself if I have to. We need good drink!

12th Granite, 109

Nobody is paying a lick of attention to what I'm saying. I don't even know where the picks are to pick one up so I can do this shit myself--

Oh. I pulled jmnmaui aside to ask what the hell was going on, and she gave me a strange look before reminding me about the lockdown. Well. Um. Oops.

13th Granite, 109

Success! I found a pick, and now I'm off to dig out that mountain and get enough stone for a Mountainhome's stock of pots.

16th Granite, 109

owowow this is harder than it looks

19th Granite

I took a brief break to tell everyone healthy and currently idle to start building up the central tower again. Skyscrapes may be in shambles, but while we still stand it is simply the right thing to do to claw our way up to the heavens.

20th Granite

Oh Ral dammit there's a wild boar on the loose attacking jmnmaui.

KILL IT

That's better.

21st Granite

Oh, what now...

22nd Granite

Hrm. Interesting.

1st Slate

Ral, I am so sick of those undead. And I'm sick of my fellow dwarves. They keep getting spooked by them. At least they paid attention when I told them to keep working on the central tower, so it's slow but steady progress.

Kulet got all the things he needs for his mysterious project, and is now muttering away in the workshop he claimed...

3rd Slate

Okay, shut up, I don't care anymore, so long as nobody's getting injured I DON'T CARE WHY YOU WON'T DO SHIT.

NOW GET BACK TO WORK, DAMMIT.

4th Slate

Huh?

Oh. He was in with some zombies. Well. Didn't know him, don't care.

6th Slate

Hmpf. Maybe some other overseer will find this useful, but I don't.

12th Slate

'K, you know what? Screw the central tower. I'm going to build shit right next to it. Maybe that'll be far enough away from the zombie hordes that PEOPLE WILL ACTUALLY STRIKE THE SKY.

19th Slate

I'm blind. I can see just fine, and I am utterly blind. There are several more levels to this tower...

Change of plans again. BUILD HERE!

Oh, and I let the idiots come complaining to me again. Reports of injuries will tip me off to something important; the whining of the masses is... meh.

4th Felsite

I'll just sit here and giggle. Poor kobold's gonna get ripped to shreds... And then possibly rise as another undead to harass us. Yay.

8th Felsite

Yesssssss! We have something beginning to approach almost enough drink again! Praise Ral!

12th Felsite

Plump helmets. Nothing but plump helmets. If I drink any more dwarven wine I will puke.

17th Felsite

Great. More corpses to add to the shambling masses. I hate this fortress, why did I ever move here, it's a cesspit of insanity and death...

19th Felsite

Huh. Two days later, and we're down about fifty moving enemies. Not too shabby, them goblins. Just so long as those necromancers don't come down off the cliffs...

22nd Felsite

Ral dammit I spoke too soon.

I hate this fortressssssss

Though we are down about 20 total creatures that want us dead. That's better than up 20.

Still precious little work done on the upper level, though.

We need more Ral-damned dwarves! If only those brats running around could be coerced into helping...

27th Felsite

I'm digging down. Hopefully I'll hit magma and a water-filled cavern or two, and a more mechanically-minded overseer than I can put them to best use. I know magma or water alone don't do much to undead, but perhaps an obsidianizer... or simply a freezing trap, to stop the shambling bastards in their tracks...

-------

And that's Spring. Does anyone mind if I use Dwarf Therapist to make the few children we have useful? We're seriously short on able-bodied hands.

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: June 18, 2013, 05:04:30 pm »

Yay for progress!
Maybe a few more jobs would be ok for kids.

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: June 18, 2013, 07:13:32 pm »

Yay for progress!
Maybe a few more jobs would be ok for kids.

Glad to see you don't mind. Sizik? Any opinion? You're the OP, I'll defer to your judgement if you think it'll ruin the fun.

Sizik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: June 20, 2013, 11:29:58 am »

As long as they're professions children could conceivably do.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23