Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Auto-Quantum Stockpiler  (Read 14277 times)

Newbunkle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Auto-Quantum Stockpiler
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2012, 07:28:00 am »

I suppose to maximise the collection of stone for dumping you could have four of these surrounding a central dump. Then you can have up to 12 wheelbarrows in use for collecting stone.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2012, 09:00:01 am »

Does the stockpile that the hauling stop is set to take from (1) have to be located next to the stop for it to work?

Does the dump stockpile (2) need any settings to be changed?

No, stockpile 1 can be farther away, or can be multiple stockpiles that the cart takes from instead of one. I just found it convenient to put in the same room.

I changed the settings on stockpile 2 to not allow wheelbarrows, since I use it for stone collection and a wheelbarrow on the 1x1 stockpile would be a waste.

Dvalinn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2012, 08:31:59 pm »

I don't like the idea of quantum stockpiles, but I am intrigued by the idea of using such a method to create a sort of drop-off zone. For instance, the woodcutters could simply drop the tree logs they gather down a hole leading to the carpentry area of the fort. Something may have to be done to prevent injury by falling objects, though: Maybe a switch attached to a floor grate so objects don't fall unless called for and a (lockable) door to seal the drop zone when drops are happening. (Would a floor grate work, or does it have to be a retractable bridge? Do objects sitting on grates, floor bars, or hatches automatically fall through if they're opened?)

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2012, 04:52:30 pm »

I don't like the idea of quantum stockpiles, but I am intrigued by the idea of using such a method to create a sort of drop-off zone. For instance, the woodcutters could simply drop the tree logs they gather down a hole leading to the carpentry area of the fort. Something may have to be done to prevent injury by falling objects, though: Maybe a switch attached to a floor grate so objects don't fall unless called for and a (lockable) door to seal the drop zone when drops are happening. (Would a floor grate work, or does it have to be a retractable bridge? Do objects sitting on grates, floor bars, or hatches automatically fall through if they're opened?)
Hatches work.  I've done it before.  I haven't used floor bars or grates for something like this, but they should work just fine as well.
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

Qenton

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2012, 05:34:56 pm »

This method works fantastic for a glass factory.   One to pile the empty bags next to the sand.   One to take the fill back and pile them next to the factory.  If you put can put the glass forges next to the sand you can go into green glass hyper production mode.
Pages: 1 [2]