Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

After all stops and hiatuses is there still interest in this story for you?

Yes
No

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 53

Author Topic: Adventures of Likot Ubendeb(SoapEater), illustrated (+video now!)  (Read 303121 times)

CountAlex

• Bay Watcher
  • SpoonMaster
    • View Profile
Re: Adventures of Likot Udendeb(SoapEater), illustrated (+video now!)
« Reply #720 on: March 25, 2020, 11:06:47 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Urist McLegendary likes adamantine, steel, mugs and noobs for their questions. He absolutely detests trolls.

CountAlex

• Bay Watcher
  • SpoonMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: April 05, 2020, 03:47:51 pm »

New thread is here!
Urist McLegendary likes adamantine, steel, mugs and noobs for their questions. He absolutely detests trolls.

CountAlex

• Bay Watcher
  • SpoonMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: April 29, 2020, 07:56:16 am »

Yet another jump in here

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Adventures of brave Likot Udendeb in pictures

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: April 29, 2020, 01:48:46 pm »

New thread is here!

CountAlex

• Bay Watcher
  • SpoonMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: May 01, 2020, 05:13:14 pm »

Why there are no jump to Yirk?

Sorry, not sure what you mean.
Anyway, author asked me to stop using spoilers for separate entries and use different way to translate Awl's name that is sound translation (I think there's proper definition for this) so she's Sheelo and that's how you spell her name/nickname in Russian. And now back to the story.
>Hope Kisat is not a merely well-preserved skeleton by now

Mostly still sleeping, you had a feeling that Sheelo had a mole under her lip, and... since you were in the same bed with her, which had never happened before... You decided that this was a hint... And you dived to look for a mole under her clothes. You carefully lifted her robe, exposing...
SLAP!
The girl delivered a delicious slap in your face:
- Are you nuts? Like these restless goblins are not enough for me, you try to pull the same shit? First, you are all caring daddy, and now you dive under my skirt?
- No no! - you rushed to reassure, - I lost your mole, I thought it wasn’t you. I had to make sure.
- “I lost your mole”, - Shilo jumped up, insulted - You moron. Call Ostoks, look for moles on him.
Slamming the door, she went outside. A short dialogue took place there and sleepy goblins entered:
- Wassa, our turn? - Ostox asked yawning.
Sae rubbed his eyes:
- Arrived. The tower of the necromancer is the one. You are on your from here, I will not get into these matters.
You got out of bed, and the goblins immediately fell to sleep.
You went out the door. The tower really was in front of you. Sheelo was lying on the platform, laughing mockingly at the corpse of Kisat:
- That's it, hanky-panky, come on, get up, stop chilling, it's time to get back to the world of the living, you've rested enough.
You examined the queen's body. The cold kept her perfectly intact. She was laying like she was still alive, except she was dead.

- Sheely, - you spoke apologetically, - Forgive me, I did not mean to... had a dream, so I...
- Whatever, - she waved, - Nevermind.
You looked back at the tower and noticed that the windows were lit.
- Do you want to see what's in the tower?
The girl looked up from the dead man and looked at the building.
- These are not ruins. There are no debris. It is as if they began to build it and never finished.
- So maybe they pulled it apart? - you looked around.
- Nope. It was a fisherman’s house or some kinda boat stop on the shore, and then it was dismantled and reassembled. Into this. And they ran out of stone.
You looked at Sheelo. The girl was smart beyond her years.
- Want to see what's there?
- Of course! - she skipped and ran to the tower.
You barely caught up. Boosting Sheelo up to the window, you stepped back a little, ready to catch her if she fell down. Girl climbed up the ledges and looked through the window.
- Well? - you hissed loudly from below.
- I see a lady... And lady sees me. Umm ... She got up.

CountAlex

• Bay Watcher
  • SpoonMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: May 02, 2020, 02:18:13 pm »

climb up the wall to the roof of the tower and lurk, watching what's happening
I request calling for guards
Let's meet "the lady" as old friends by all the laws of dwarven hospitality
Let Sheelo sey hi to the lady

Sheelo scrambled up the masonry and hid on the edge. Guards were watching the whole time with great interest. You turned and whistled them to come closer. Armored speardwarves arrived with a clang just at the moment when a female figure appeared in the entrance.
- Likot? King Likot? It this really you?
You began to frantically stir up the memory for the subject of acquaintance with this young lady.
- So you are still alive? Praise to Armok! - she rushed to hug you, but stiff looks of the guards stopped her, - I'm Sedil Itdun, I was your subject priest in Akrulaban.
- Ahh, - you recalled, - You were part of my expedition. We entered the caverns... and then everything was hazy. I woke up in caverns with my wife, cut off from the fortress. What happened there?
Sedil spread her hands:
- Cave-in!
- But I clearly remember that Ivety and... that second half-elf stood at the entrance, chatting with that other... How did it happen?
- The ways of Armok are inscrutable, - she folded her palms in front of her.
Suddenly Sheelo shouted from above:
- Lady, are you a necromancer here? We need to revive our woman!
Cedil goggled and thought about the answer.
- I am the king, - you said calmly, - I can execute you. Or I can reward you. If you'll revive our... woman. So are you a necromancer?
- I'm necromancer, - the dwarvess nodded.
- Guys, get her here! - You turned to the guard, - Where to put here?
- Let's clarify the details, - Cedil clapped in her hands, - How exactly do you want to revive her? A soulless cruel zombie? Faithful servant without own will? Oath-bound thinking creature? Or... What brought you here at all? Wasn't it love?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 04:50:52 pm by CountAlex »

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: May 04, 2020, 05:39:26 am »

Why there are no jump to Yirk?

Sorry, not sure what you mean.
Anyway, author asked me to stop using spoilers for separate entries and use different way to translate Awl's name that is sound translation (I think there's proper definition for this) so she's Sheelo and that's how you spell her name/nickname in Russian. And now back to the story.
>Hope Kisat is not a merely well-preserved skeleton by now

Mostly still sleeping, you had a feeling that Sheelo had a mole under her lip, and... since you were in the same bed with her, which had never happened before... You decided that this was a hint... And you dived to look for a mole under her clothes. You carefully lifted her robe, exposing...
SLAP!
The girl delivered a delicious slap in your face:
- Are you nuts? Like these restless goblins are not enough for me, you try to pull the same shit? First, you are all caring daddy, and now you dive under my skirt?
- No no! - you rushed to reassure, - I lost your mole, I thought it wasn’t you. I had to make sure.
- “I lost your mole”, - Shilo jumped up, insulted - You moron. Call Ostoks, look for moles on him.
Slamming the door, she went outside. A short dialogue took place there and sleepy goblins entered:
- Wassa, our turn? - Ostox asked yawning.
Sae rubbed his eyes:
- Arrived. The tower of the necromancer is the one. You are on your from here, I will not get into these matters.
You got out of bed, and the goblins immediately fell to sleep.
You went out the door. The tower really was in front of you. Sheelo was lying on the platform, laughing mockingly at the corpse of Kisat:
- That's it, hanky-panky, come on, get up, stop chilling, it's time to get back to the world of the living, you've rested enough.
You examined the queen's body. The cold kept her perfectly intact. She was laying like she was still alive, except she was dead.

- Sheely, - you spoke apologetically, - Forgive me, I did not mean to... had a dream, so I...
- Whatever, - she waved, - Nevermind.
You looked back at the tower and noticed that the windows were lit.
- Do you want to see what's in the tower?
The girl looked up from the dead man and looked at the building.
- These are not ruins. There are no debris. It is as if they began to build it and never finished.
- So maybe they pulled it apart? - you looked around.
- Nope. It was a fisherman’s house or some kinda boat stop on the shore, and then it was dismantled and reassembled. Into this. And they ran out of stone.
You looked at Sheelo. The girl was smart beyond her years.
- Want to see what's there?
- Of course! - she skipped and ran to the tower.
You barely caught up. Boosting Sheelo up to the window, you stepped back a little, ready to catch her if she fell down. Girl climbed up the ledges and looked through the window.
- Well? - you hissed loudly from below.
- I see a lady... And lady sees me. Umm ... She got up.
I mean the Devil Thrips from thread on Russian imageboard. As I know, we awake as he after Likot wear new clothes.

CountAlex

• Bay Watcher
  • SpoonMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: May 05, 2020, 10:05:50 am »

I mean the Devil Thrips from thread on Russian imageboard. As I know, we awake as he after Likot wear new clothes.

Oh that is not "official" part of the story and just somewhat amusing goblinposting.
Here comes new post (let me know if there are troubles with second image).

- Love? - you glared, - I'm too married for that.
The guards brought Kisat, and Cedil led you inside her tower. The stairs led to a small office, where the body was laid on a table. Sheelo came in after the guards, looking for something to snatch.
- So, what did you decide? - Itdun addressed you.
But the girl got ahead with the answer:
- Can you just return her as she was?
You looked at her, then at Sedil, and nodded:
- Let her be as she was.
Necromancer rubbed her hands:
- Rest will come out.
You snapped your fingers and the guards slowly left the room.
- Stop! - Sheelo came to her senses. - Her leg? Have I dragged it for nothing?
- Yes, indeed, we have her chopped off leg with us. Can we somehow put it back in place?
- I'm afraid not, - Sedil shook her head, - The revitalized flesh will no longer obey the former mistress. You do not need such problems, believe me... any other necromancer would say!
She suddenly became amused, and you and Sheelo exchanged puzzled looks.
- I worked on replaceable limbs, - Cedil dived into the drawer of the table and began rummaging through the papers, - There you go! Nobody did this before! I conducted a couple of experiments, the results were not very encouraging, but after all, the flesh was alien and long rotted, but this! With her own leg, and in perfect condition ... Drag it here!
Everyone instantly perked up, the guards eavesdropping behind the door immediately ran for a leg, and soon the limb was in the office on the table.
- Very exciting, - Cedil pierced the skin with a hooked needle, roughly stitching her leg together, - So... where is this page? Here it is. Everyone is quiet! Not a sound! Not. A. Peep...
She slowly raised her hand above her head and began to cast a spell:
- Etis... Atis... Animatis!
A magic whirlwind opened above her, as if breaking out of another dimension.
- Etis! Atis! AMATIIIS!
The necromancer waved a special gesture, and Kisat's body twitched and...

backup image
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 12:27:29 pm by CountAlex »

CountAlex

• Bay Watcher
  • SpoonMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: May 10, 2020, 11:33:23 am »

Speak kind words! Maybe she's like a duckling, she'll think the first one she'd see the mother?
We speak kind words, we ask who and what she remembers and we watch how she reacts.
Let's ask a banal question a la "Do you remember me? Do you recognize our daughter Sheely? Remember who got to you?" At the same time, let's check motor functions.
Poke her to make sure that the nerves are not rotten and the neurons transmit signals to the brain

The queen rose on her elbows, as if banishing intoxication from her head.
- Kisat? - You spoke softly, - Kitty... do you remember our daughter Sheely?
- What? - the girl was indignant.
- Are you all rightThings are good? What's the last thing you remember?
Vellokum answered emotionlessly:
- Reteberesi mixed "Libertine" potion into the wine. A large dose to work on a dwarf. I drank my glass, and you got distracted as always, so I drank yours too. It turned out that a dose too large is poison. Ef panicked, we panicked, guard burst in, blades flied... In a fit of combat trance, you grabbed my leg. But it does not matter. I was going to die anyway.
You gently ran your palm along the sewn limb:
- Do you feel anything?
Kisat threw a cold glance at Sheelo:
- Nothing.
The girl decided just in case to clarify:
- I won at the arena.
- Yeah, I saw. Congratulations.
Sheelo smiled ingratiatingly:
- So, are we cool?
- Yeah, whatev, - the queen examined the necromancer, - What the hell is this hag?
You broke away from stroking her leg and straightened up:
- Sedil Itdun. She revived you.
- Necromancer, - Kisat squinted slightly, - Where are your zombie servants? I don't feel any around.
The dwarfess pursed her lips.
- Everyone strayed away while I was away. And the place here is a middle of nowhere, not many corpses lying around. How is your foot, my queen?
You and Sheelo looked at each other again.
- Try to get up. Make a couple of steps.
Vellokum slowly turned to the edge of the table and dangled her legs down. Everyone froze in anticipation. The soles touched the floor and the queen let go table edge. She stood confidently and firmly, but she couldn’t take a firm step — a slight limp immediately became apparent.
- Success! - clapped her hands Sedil.
- Take me home, - Kisat said without stopping, waddling to the exit.

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: May 12, 2020, 07:11:14 pm »

CoOP... thank you for creating this story! and CountAlex, Criperum... thank you for translating it for this forum!
The past 3 days I have read the entire thing, all 48 pages. Wow.
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.

coop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: May 12, 2020, 09:41:43 pm »

Welcome to the club, pal. You can leave your requests here. Some may appear in the story.

CaptainLambcake

• Bay Watcher
  • fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: May 12, 2020, 11:15:01 pm »

the ride never ends
You wake up in (suddenly) your room not somewhere Armok knows where. Travels in deserts and goblin forests turned up to be a dreams borned by procreation of your autistic imagination.

CountAlex

• Bay Watcher
  • SpoonMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: May 14, 2020, 05:09:19 am »

CoOP... thank you for creating this story! and CountAlex, Criperum... thank you for translating it for this forum!
The past 3 days I have read the entire thing, all 48 pages. Wow.
Wow, that's a crazy pace. Some Likot binging if I ever saw one. Welcome! And stay tuned.
Let's offer Sedil to return to citizenship with promotion

You caught up with Kisat on the stairs:
- Zuka-zuka-zuka... - playful fingers ran through the most ticklish places, - Tickled!
She turned around without a shadow of a smile.
- This is to circulate the blood, - you said.
- My heart is not beating, Likot. Everything has lost its meaning. Before, I was full of emotions, feelings, desires and passions, and now there is nothing. And the worst thing that I’d cry now from realizing the tragedy of the situation ... but I don’t give a damn.
Sedil appeared in the aisle:
- Let me advise you, my queen? In order that the new life does not lose its colors, it is worth to artificially add them to yourself. You remember how your emotions worked before. What caused a smile, and what caused sadness. Try to force yourself to react in the same way, even if now it no longer causes past feelings, it will seem to those around you that you are still the same.
- Simulate feelings?
- I'm sure you used to pretend sometimes.
Kisat pulled a smile:
- Haha ... like that?
Itdun walked up the steps:
- It is better for you to have someone close by who will prompt a suitable level of emotionality for a given situation.
You decided to intervene:
- As a reward, I appoint you my court necromancer.
- Thank you humbly, but I will not return to Akrulaban, - Sedil walked past, -“But Queen Kisat may need my services.
- But ... But ... You're my subject.
- Not at all, - she turned, - My allegiance at the moment has the price of one royal life. Kisat has it. And you, King Likot, do not.
Sedil smiled slyly and left the tower. Kisat, like it's not her, followed. Guards met the queen with enthusiastic exclamations and applause.

CountAlex

• Bay Watcher
  • SpoonMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: May 20, 2020, 03:57:13 am »

Really nice piece of art.

CountAlex

• Bay Watcher
  • SpoonMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: May 24, 2020, 02:36:27 pm »

Tell Sedil that she's right and it's wise for her to stay with us and look after the queen
Use  ancient elven magic that can awaken emotion of the corpse. Try to get something similar from Muya
Get our zombie high with awesome elven weed? It might work!
WE GO TO GRANPA AND MIX SOME COOL DECOCTION
It's time to visiw wife and father-in-law.
Get Kisat to Muya
I agree, we go to father-in-law. If I remember correctly, he has a library, it may be useful.

- Yes, you're right, Sedil, - you rushed after, - It would be wise if you look after the queen.
She turned favorably:
- You will not put this task upon me alone?
You were a little hesitant with the answer.
- Kisat needs friends now, - Sedil continued, - Familiar faces in order to better adapt to new reality. Was your relationships with her stable? Can she use them as a basis?
- Probably, - you looked at the queen hobbling ahead, - I hope so.
- Sounds uncertain. Your Majesty! - she called out to Kisat, - can your relations with King Likot be called stable?
- Yes. He behaves stably like an asshole, but I'm used to it and try to ignore it.
- So now nothing will change between you?
- I guess so.
Vellokum stumbled to the wagon and, already without her former grace, climbed the steps. Opening the door, she stopped in the doorway:
- There is goblin in my bed. Whatever, I'll stand on my feet.
You explained to the coachman the further route: back to the highway and to the Grove where Forivara lives.
- Wait, just one goblin? - you turned.
- Yes. This one, what's his name, Oasis. No one else.
It seems SAE has ran away.

A couple of weeks later, the caravan was wearily approaching the Grove.
- So where did you get knowledge of necromancy? - you chatted with Sedil on the veranda.
- You've been waiting a lot to ask.
Kisat looked away, not showing interest in the conversation.
- In my childhood I had my grandmother who died. She was old, but I loved her very much. Later, at different times, my parents also died. And I thought, “Wish there would be a way to not die, so as not to upset loved ones...” I began to pray earnestly to Armok for days and nights... No, the necromancer kidnapped me from the village. His tower lacked a... woman's touch.
- And there you learned everything?
- Yes. And later I left to look for my own path, and settled on the edge of an ice lake.
- Well, then what were you doing in Akrulaban?
Sedil shrugged.
- I wandered. Looked for rumors. Made new connections.
- Why did you leave?
- I was the only one who survived under the cave-in. It was too suspicious. In addition, other could accuse me of killing the royal couple. Such problems were too much for just an unreliable lead.
- Yeah... - you answered slowly, - What kind of lead?
- Weak one..., - said the necromancer and turned to Kisat, - In Arol-Iton, I never had the chance to talk with the queen. Always busy with business, on the road. And now such an opportunity has appeared. Your Majesty, do you know anything about a magic wand that subjugates other people's minds?
Vellokum idly shifted to Sedil an indifferent look:
- Likot, tie her up.
Let's tie her and interrogate.
The wand is the secret of Kisat, which no one knows about. AND NO ONE NEEDS TO KNOW! ONE WHO EXPLORES THIS SECRET SHOULD BE TORTURED TO FIND WHAT THEY KNOW

- What? - Sedil jumped up.
- I lost my feelings, not my mind, - Kisat turned around.
You have long suspected Itdun of a foul play, so you hid a skein of rope under the beard, and you readily threw a loop on her.
- Protect me! - the necromancer began to fight back.
Apparently, her experimental spell prevented the queen from being revived as a servant, making her foot servant of the queen. In theory.
Sedil twisted as best she could, but couldn't stand you brute strength. You wrapped rope around the hands and feet and tied a knot on her back, immobilizing still twitching necromancer.
Kisat looked blankly:
- How did you learn about the wand?
- My queen, this is just a rumor, but if such a wand existed, I would have presented it to you... kghha-hhk!
Undead queen clenched her fist, and Sedil wheezed, beginning to suffocate.
- Truth be told, I even began to find the benefit of the fact that the flame of emotions no longer affects the cold math. And without a shadow of pity, I will squeeze your eyes out, and then break every bone in your body.
The fist unclenched.
- A ghost! - Sedil eagerly breathed, - Some ghost told! Kurel-something... that the queen of Arol-Iton took the throne with the help of the wand.
- What a snitch, - Kisat looked up at you, - Do you want to ask something from our “want-to-fool-everyone ”companion?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 03:47:19 pm by CountAlex »
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 53