Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

After all stops and hiatuses is there still interest in this story for you?

Yes
No

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 53

Author Topic: Adventures of Likot Ubendeb(SoapEater), illustrated (+video now!)  (Read 303212 times)

CountAlex

• Bay Watcher
  • SpoonMaster
    • View Profile
Re: Adventures of Likot Ubendeb(SoapEater)
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2012, 05:13:26 am »

Little addition, out of plot.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 11:40:34 am by CountAlex »
Adventures of brave Likot Udendeb in pictures
Urist McLegendary likes adamantine, steel, mugs and noobs for their questions. He absolutely detests trolls.

DarkerDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2012, 01:03:59 pm »

The translations are a little hard to follow sometimes, but I like it so far! Keep it up!

CountAlex

• Bay Watcher
  • SpoonMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2012, 04:33:15 pm »

The translations are a little hard to follow sometimes, but I like it so far! Keep it up!

Sure, i'll keep. Some of sentences in original are quite long and sophisticated so i did my best and to improve it i need some help of native-English Urists here.

So here it comes-fifth thread.

As you probably noticed, latest threads are shorter than earlier ones. It's caused by fact that GMs(there two, currently) had less time to spend on game so they compenstated it with better drawing and more wide storytelling. (Damn loads of text to translate, hehe)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 06:11:19 am by CountAlex »
Urist McLegendary likes adamantine, steel, mugs and noobs for their questions. He absolutely detests trolls.

CountAlex

• Bay Watcher
  • SpoonMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2012, 11:10:45 am »

Another fabulous fanart. Tranlation update will be added few hours later.

CountAlex

• Bay Watcher
  • SpoonMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2012, 01:44:35 pm »

Ok, here it is. This thread is short and don't ask me why.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 02:27:32 pm by CountAlex »

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2012, 07:11:22 pm »

This is amazing! May I offer my assistance in translation?

I am a...
Proficient Russian Speaker
Master English Speaker
Dabbling Comedian
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

CountAlex

• Bay Watcher
  • SpoonMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2012, 09:45:08 pm »

This is amazing! May I offer my assistance in translation?

I am a...
Proficient Russian Speaker
Master English Speaker
Dabbling Comedian

Sure, I'm glad to get your help! Well, just try to compare result and source. Source I used is located here, and link to first thread with raw materials in original post. So if you have idea of better translation of anything-just send me a message.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 10:08:54 pm by CountAlex »

caddybear

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2012, 03:36:29 am »

Hi, I've been reading this last night, good work. Remember that not everyone who enjoys what you do comments about it, so don't fret. The eyes of the untold masses are on your thread. Probably. You never know where they are looking. Maybe at cat pictures. Or something.
And then did ARMOK say, the east is the holiest of directions, and thou shouldst not stand there lest thou be strucketh down by my holiest of beards. And then did the dorfs did say, we shall build from the west, for more do we fear the beard of ARMOK than the strike of the elephant.

necronekokophagous

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2012, 02:24:13 am »

This is amazing, thank you so much for translating it, I've been having a blast reading it the last couple days! The imperfect English from being translated from Russian makes it all the better xD

CountAlex

• Bay Watcher
  • SpoonMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2012, 06:26:59 am »

This is amazing, thank you so much for translating it, I've been having a blast reading it the last couple days! The imperfect English from being translated from Russian makes it all the better xD

I wish roughness would be considered as my "author style", lol. 
So, here seventh thread begins.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 04:56:30 am by CountAlex »

AustralianWinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2012, 07:39:11 am »

Really good work. I have only read through to just before the expedition. It's really quite arcane with the Russian translation - in my head dwarves speak in an odd language and do not function as people do, so the imperfect English is not an issue.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

alexbel

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2012, 09:51:17 am »

Hey, that's really good work, but I see some phrases and whole sentences are missing.
Maybe it's good idea to do it together? I mean notabenoid.com It allows people translate phrases, subtitles and even books. Every one can participate. But I didn't find english version of notabenoid or the similar one.
So, what do you think guys?

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2012, 10:59:43 am »

Hey, that's really good work, but I see some phrases and whole sentences are missing.
Maybe it's good idea to do it together? I mean notabenoid.com It allows people translate phrases, subtitles and even books. Every one can participate. But I didn't find english version of notabenoid or the similar one.

I could set up an open Google Docs file (that anyone can edit)
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

CountAlex

• Bay Watcher
  • SpoonMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2012, 03:09:14 pm »

Ugh, i don't really understand what phrases or sentences are missing. Maybe you mean posts from original threads-but it's raw material and it doesn't make sense to translate all of it. Original threads should be kind of behind the scenes for most, i guess. But if i missed some pieces from shaped  in clear form on dfst.ru-please show what exactly, i'll fix it asap.

I could set up an open Google Docs file (that anyone can edit)

Sure, i have no objections, you have source and my translation so i put this work in your hands.

And continued translation.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 03:54:12 pm by CountAlex »

alexbel

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2012, 05:26:04 pm »

Ugh, i don't really understand what phrases or sentences are missing. Maybe you mean posts from original threads-but it's raw material and it doesn't make sense to translate all of it. Original threads should be kind of behind the scenes for most, i guess. But if i missed some pieces from shaped  in clear form on dfst.ru-please show what exactly, i'll fix it asap.
Hmm. I don't know how I missed that.
I didn't see translation of "Немного оклемавшись, вы вспомнили, ... для основания новой крепости." for example, but I see it now.

Of course it isn't necessary to translate original threads. dfst.ru version is good enough.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 05:30:37 pm by alexbel »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 53