Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

After all stops and hiatuses is there still interest in this story for you?

Yes
No

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53

Author Topic: Adventures of Likot Ubendeb(SoapEater), illustrated (+video now!)  (Read 305092 times)

CountAlex

• Bay Watcher
  • SpoonMaster
    • View Profile
Re: Adventures of Likot Udendeb(SoapEater), illustrated (+video now!)
« Reply #750 on: September 03, 2020, 07:27:16 am »

Don't forget to vote for Likot's story in the Hall of fame if you still didn't!
We need to pierce his brain or tear apart his skull.

The intent of the biter was that the victim would start trying to free self. You did the opposite - you "jumped" into the mouth of the predator. Grabbing SAE by the nose and throat, you pulled it tighter over yourself. And then you did the unexpected - you dived into the floor with his head on top of your head. From such a blow, the skull of the "demon" cracked and, most likely, broke. SAE lost consciousness, and you reached for the knife and decisively pierced his brain. The traitor was defeated.

Fire blocked the way. In addition, due to the crackle of the raging flame, it was completely incomprehensible from which side the poor girl's cry came.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 12:38:58 pm by CountAlex »
Adventures of brave Likot Udendeb in pictures
Urist McLegendary likes adamantine, steel, mugs and noobs for their questions. He absolutely detests trolls.

CountAlex

• Bay Watcher
  • SpoonMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: October 15, 2020, 04:40:02 am »

Here's CoOP's devlog for Likot the game! Russian voice and no subs yet, but some basics are there.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 01:15:18 pm by CountAlex »
Urist McLegendary likes adamantine, steel, mugs and noobs for their questions. He absolutely detests trolls.

CountAlex

• Bay Watcher
  • SpoonMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: October 27, 2020, 12:37:47 pm »

One more!

You broke into the nearest locked room by knocking down the door. Fortunately, Ivety was here. She was lying unconscious in a puddle, and in wet clothes. Apparently SAE locked her here along with the alchemical chest, and the poor thing poured all the liquids at her disposal so as not to burn ahead of time. The flames were already licking her skin.
You've put your wife over your shoulder and rushed to the exit. You did not dare to jump out of the window - after all, the height is serious! It would be nice to revive SAE and interrogate, but there really was no time to cut off the head now - the dry tree was almost burned out. Everything around was cracking and falling. You grabbed the "demon" by the nose and, together with the carcass, dragged it out. As soon as you jumped off the steps onto the grass, the tree, engulfed in flames, crunched behind your back, collapsing inside itself. Burning branches flew from above, sparks with a frantic blast swept everything around. But you didn't stop running.
After a while the heat cooled down, and you stopped. The fireshow slowly subsided not far behind. It seems Kisat and the guards managed to cope with the fire. But the Forivara's laboratory was completely destroyed.
Ivety was breathing weakly.

CountAlex

• Bay Watcher
  • SpoonMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: October 30, 2020, 04:43:11 am »

Oh boy.

You examined Ivety for burns. The skin seemed to be intact. Having breathed a little fresh air and coughed, the elf came to herself:
- Likot?
- Hi there, - you responded tenderly, - How are you after all this?
- What are you d?... Oh, it was a sheer nightmare. He swooped down like a hurricane, so fast, agile... He muttered something, like, master will be pleased, - she grabbed her head, - He didn't ask anything, didn't explain anything. What was that anyway?
You looked back at the ashes:
- I don't know yet, but I'll try to find out. We... in general, returned from our trip and such a thing happened there...
- Likot, - Ivety interrupted you, - I want a divorce.
You turned to her.
- The native grove and your absence made me understand what I have lost. This is not the kind of love I wanted. Not Mountain Homes and caverns. I am completely different, understand it. I myself realized this only when I got back here again. All these shocks when you're around... I've had enough. I know that I myself sought and followed you, but... Now I want to go my own way. Sorry.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 07:00:20 am by CountAlex »

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: October 30, 2020, 06:08:30 am »

Oh boy.

You examined Ivety for burns. The skin seemed to be intact. Having breathed a little fresh air and coughed, the elf came to herself:
- Likot?
- Hi there, - you responded tenderly, - How are you after all this?
- What are you d?... Oh, it was a sheer nightmare. He swooped down like a hurricane, so fast, agile... He muttered something, like, master will be pleased, - she grabbed her head, - He didn't ask anything, didn't explain anything. What was that anyway?
You looked back at the ashes:
- I don't know yet, but I'll try to find out. We... in general, returned from our trip and such a thing happened there...
- Likot, - Ivety interrupted you, - I want a divorce.
You turned to her.
- The native grove and your absence made me understand what I have lost. This is not the kind of love I wanted. Not Mountain Homes and caverns. I am completely different, understand it. I myself realized this only when I got back here again. All these shocks when you're around... I've had enough. I know that I myself sought and followed you, but... Now I want to go my own way. Sorry.
We need to bang her at last. And then - give her to Kisat (immortals must marry with immortals, Ivety like dwarves and is bisexual).

CountAlex

• Bay Watcher
  • SpoonMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: November 08, 2020, 08:55:34 am »

- Oh... Such bitter news, - you were upset, - Your words hurt my tender royal heart like thousand needles!
- I'm sorry, - Ivety wiped away a tear, - But here, among my people, among my home trees, greenery and clear sky, I finally found happiness, joy and peace of mind.
- What if I build a huge greenhouse in Akrulaban for you? With trees and other greenery, and the sky will be visible through the glass ceiling? So that you'd live next to me.
- But I don’t want to be next to you. Living with you has made me miserable. I began to not give a damn about anything happening around me, I became callous and, as if I had died inside. Do you understand?
You nodded sagely, admitting the rightness of her arguments, but then you answered:
- No. I do not give the divorce.
- What? Why?
- Don't forget that I am not a simple dwarf, but a king! And the whole fortress is looking at me. If the king cannot even keep his wife, how is he going to rule the fortress?
-You remained king even after you were presumed dead in the caverns. You know that no one will dispute your status.
You scratched your head:
- We made an oath in the face of the Forest Spirits, remember? Elven marriages have no divorce as far as I know, so now only death can brng us apart.
Ivety put her hand to her heart:
- But that's the rule for a marriage between two elves! And it is as old as the world, now the views are much more progressive! Would you rather have my death than freedom?
You frown:
- No... I know that divorce is not an extraordinary event. I just don't want to. You are deep in my heart, Ivety. Yes, we have had hard times, but there were probably a lot of good moments. I am sure that you can get out of this situation while maintaining the integrity of the marriage.
The elf looked down.
- Why then such a marriage is needed, if we are looking for a way to preserve only its nominal existence, and not love and relationships?
- I'm ready to love...
- No, - Ivety interrupted again, - You gave me no life in Akrulaban. Tormented me in those damn caves. And remember what you did when you arrived here... We had a bright moment - when I saved you from the werewolf slavery of Shorast. When I first got to know you as a man... I will keep in my soul this very memory of you.
Ivety got up and looked at the dying fire on the wreckage of her father's laboratory:
- Thank you for saving me. I hope the friendship between the elves of this Grove and the dwarves of Akrulaban will not suffer from our personal breakup, King Likot.
You cleared your throat and regained your decent appearance:
- Do you claim half of the jointly acquired property?
- Which is what? - Ivety turned around, - Since we got married, together we have acquired only a crocodile skin in that cave and a pitchfork-shovel. I don't need them. - She tried to smile good-naturedly.
You looked down again:
- Is it about Kisat? You slept together, and now you want a divorce... Well, here's the good news - now she is also immortal. Do you like dwarves?
Ivety bent down and kissed your forehead:
- No, dear Likot. It's not about her, it's about you. But you will always mean a lot to me. Visit me as a friend here from time to time.
She straightened and walked slowly into her tree house, leaving you in the clearing with the corpse of SAE.

CaptainLambcake

• Bay Watcher
  • fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: November 11, 2020, 12:22:45 pm »

very nice that this is going even after 8 years

edit: big thank you to CountAlex and Criperum
You wake up in (suddenly) your room not somewhere Armok knows where. Travels in deserts and goblin forests turned up to be a dreams borned by procreation of your autistic imagination.

CountAlex

• Bay Watcher
  • SpoonMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: December 10, 2020, 04:54:37 am »

big thank you to CountAlex and Criperum

Thanks for reading this! Fun ride for sure.

You thought a little and came to the dead body:
- Heads are cut while standing, son, - you muttered, separating the skull of the "demon" from the spinal column.
It came out pretty neat. You returned to the clearing where the firefighters poured remaning coals, and found Muya.
- Ivety is safe, - you distracted the elf from directing the firefighting process.
- What? Oh Likot, thank you ... where is she? Where is my daughter?
- She returned to her chambers. She said she wanted to end our marriage.
The alchemist froze in confusion:
- Oh... I'm sorry, Likot. Accept my condolences. Hope this doesn't affect... you know.
- No, it will not be affected.
- It's only between the two of you, right? What's that in your hand?
You demonstrated the severed head:
- This is the one who started the fire. Will you tell me something?
The elf examined the trophy with disgust:
- Unfortunately no. This is the first time I've seen such an ugly creature.
- He called himself a demon, but I don't believe it.
Muya recoiled:
- More like a necromancer experiment.
- I thought so, - you frowned and went to the cart.
Kisat calmly watched the elves and dwarves running around. Sedil noticed you from afar, and watched the approach with her slight grin. You've come to the railing:
- The same goblin who suggested where to look for the necromancer, - you shook your bleeding head in front of the queen.
- Don’t you think he’s involved in my death too?”
You scratched the back of your head:
- Well... this is clearly not a coincidence. Hey you, - you glanced at Sedil, - Revive him, pronto! He can clearly tell us a lot of interesting things.
She imposingly raised her eyebrows:
- It seems to me that the conversation requires a mouth.
- Damn it... I'll go cut off the other half.
- No need. I think I know whose messenger this is. My mentor finally turned his gaze to these lands. You should be concerned. Because either he did not succeed in the last war and therefore decided to try his luck here, or... other lands have already been captured.
You and Kisat looked at each other. Well, that is, you looked at the queen, but she didn't care.

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: December 23, 2020, 05:47:01 pm »

We can hide in Devil Thrips fortress, trolls are stronger than zombies.

CountAlex

• Bay Watcher
  • SpoonMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: January 08, 2021, 08:34:22 am »

Good news everyone! Likot's story has joined Hall of Legends! Thanks everyone for your votes!
And straight back to story now.

Playing for Ivety now

You went up to your chambers and walked to the table. The feeling of the end of something significant was slowly filling your head. You sat down and stared at the floor for a couple of minutes. There was a feeling that you should cry, but for some reason the tears did not flow.
Clothes smelled of smoke, burning. You quickly washed and changed into clean clothes. As soon as you closed the locker, there was a knock on the door.
- Hello, - you carefully opened the door.
- Um... Ivety? - the short-haired human girl asked.
- Right. And you are? - you looked at the goblin with a stupid face.
- Howdy, - he waved his hand, - I am Ostox Kozmutog. And this is Sheelo.
- Ataksana! - the girl quickly corrected, - Atak... sana...
- Hello, - you nodded in greeting, realizing that there is no threat.
- Hello.
- Hello, - the goblin waved his hand again, - Some fuss is out there with the severed head. It seems like they want to revive it in order to ask questions, but it seems inviting two of us to such matters is unnecessary, so they sent us for a walk.
The girl spoke again:
- And your father asked to visit you and keep you company so that you would not be sad. Is it true that you are Likot's wife? I thought Kisat was his wife.
You dropped your eyes:
- Perhaps she will be... Come in.
You opened the door wider to admit guests:
- I "was" his wife for several years. And I just broke up with him.
Both went inside, staring around like savages.
- Yeah, some repairs would not hurt, - said Ostoks, - Some thorns there, chains with shackles, trophy heads...
- Shhh! - Ataksana stopped him, - How are you doing?
You froze for a second:
- Relief. Just don't tell him. Although no, tell him - let him know that I am not drowning in despair, otherwise he will decide to get me back.
The girl shrugged her shoulders:
- It seemed to me that he was really into this new necromancer.
- Necromancer?
- Yes, there in the Grove they had some mess. Kisat got posioned with something... she died.
- What?!
- And then we took her north to this very Sedil and she revived the queen. They say the damage is minimal. I have no idea what Kisat was before, but as for me - as she was a gloomy b, and she still is.
You looked at them with your mouth open:
- So Kisat is now... undead?
- Well, yes, the undead queen, dammit.
- No, - Ostox held up a finger, - Queen of the damned. I mean us.
Ataksana stared at the goblin inquisitively.
- Isn't it a curse that I was born in the body of a goblin? I would like to be... a swan.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 11:45:19 am by CountAlex »

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: January 08, 2021, 08:11:08 pm »

Good news everyone! Likot's story has joined Hall of Legends! Thanks everyone for your votes!

This story is well deserving of the Hall of Legends, may the story never end!
I'm always wanting more!
FPS in Gravearmor (850+ dwarves) is 3-6 (v0.47.05 lives on).
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.

coop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: January 10, 2021, 11:29:42 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

How bout that, pal?
I hope this is not BAN.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 11:49:19 am by coop »

CountAlex

• Bay Watcher
  • SpoonMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: January 19, 2021, 12:26:06 pm »

Oof, that's some hot stuff.
Offer guests something to eat/drink of what's here in the house. Sit them down and ask for more details about their journey.

- Oh, I remember you! - you perked up, - you were driving a wagon with toads when the caped elves attacked.
- Hmm, indeed, - the goblin recalled, - We then exchanged a few words. It was a strange day.
- So you are traveling with Likot? You must be terribly tired after the road. When we drove here with him from the very Akrulaban, I cursed everything in the world. No eating in comfort, not sleeping, even less so to cleam myself. Men find it easier in such cases. Ataksana, would you like to clean up?
She folded her arms over her chest:
- I will not clean myself up with him around.
- Come on, what's up with that, - the goblin grinned.
You got up from your chair:
- Ostox, you'll help me with the groceries upstairs in the meantime. Climb up the stairs, I have supplies there. Let's set the table. Are you hungry?
The goblin stared at the girl.
- Not really...
- There's also wine in there.
- Oh, well, can do that! -hHe quickly changed his mind and climbed to the upper floor.
Ataksanawatched him go.
- I'm also shy about your presence.
- Oh, right, - you nodded and followed Kozmutog, closing the hatch behind you.
The goblin was examining the closet.
- Yes, it's even worse here than down there... I thought you, elves, were all arrogant and pretentious.
- We are not like everyone else.
- As you say. So what's about the wine?
- There are kegs in that corner. Berry wine, fruit wine, wild carrot wine and... wheat beer.
- Do you live here alone? - Ostoks turned around, - These are nice reserves.
You shrugged your shoulders:
- I'm thrifty.
He took the nearest keg and uncorked it:
- Well, there is still nothing to do. You won't let me down, will you?
You shook your head.
- Then - cheers for the meeting!

It's been a quarter of an hour since you locked yourself upstairs with Ostoks, passing the keg to each other. He told how he met the dwarves for the first time and how he deftly fooled the guard. About the picture and about how he escaped from the group in Ladhakomag, having stolen the armadillo. He walked to the Grove of Arrogant Paphos, feeding on the meat of the animal along the way. Since then he settled there, arranging tours of the Goblin Quarter for newly arrived travelers, and demanding payment at the end. And that's how he lived. Sometimes he made bets in the Arena, but didn't have big winnings.
He also told about Sheelo, or, as she is now, Ataksana. He did not bet on her victory, but decided to stay closer to the royal couple, in case something good would happen. Now here he is. So far, the only benefit of this all is free wine.
- I'm finished! - I heard from below.
You got up and... woooow! - staggered, almost falling on the goblin. The first keg was empty. You didn't expect it to end so quickly. You picked up a variety of fruits and vegetables, and Ostoks dragged down a couple more wine kegs.
The girl, wrapped in a towel, waited in a chair looking bored. You dumped food in the center of the table, Kozmutog poured a full jug. You looked at Ataxana:
- Can you drink already?
She rolled her eyes.
- I'm an ADULT. Duh! I've drunk wine a bunch of times. Gimme that!- she snatched the kegfrom Ostoks and busily poured herself a full glass, splashing half on the table, - I drank from bottles... - she justified herself, - Look, - she swallowed a full glass in one gulp, - See? I don’t even flinch. Happy?
You chuckled:
- That's not a way to drink wine
- Meaning? - Ostoks was surprised, - And how then?
You moved your empty glass under your nose:
- You must first smell it, appreciate the aroma, then drive it in your mouth, savor the bouquet. And then slowly strain so that a couple of glasses are enough for the whole evening.
Ataksana and Ostoks exchanged glances and laughed at the top of their lungs.
- Looks like it's you who soen't know how to drink! - The goblin shook his head and removed the glasses from the table.
Instead, he placed a whole keg in front of each and uncorked them.
- Now we`re talkin.
- Oh, well, okay, - you sighed and stretched your lips to the hole.
- No, no, no, - Kozmutog protested, - What are we, loosy drunkards? We need a toast!
- For drunks, - Sheelo laughed.
- For new acquaintances, - you shrugged.
Ostoks stood up and peered pathetically into the distance:
- For the king... and the queen.

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventures of Likot Ubendeb(SoapEater), illustrated (+video now!)
« Reply #763 on: January 23, 2021, 02:55:50 pm »

She is Atacsana!

coop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventures of Likot Ubendeb(SoapEater), illustrated (+video now!)
« Reply #764 on: January 24, 2021, 08:11:26 am »

She is Atacsana!
Yes, from now on we`ll write her name correct.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53