No
- 1 (3.7%)
It was fun for a long time but towards the end it just started to drag
- 6 (22.2%)
I wish I could have joined in.
- 16 (59.3%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 306

Author Topic: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall, continued... FULL DISCLOSURE  (Read 248904 times)

Saurinae

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold Sympathizer
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall, continued...
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2012, 11:20:47 pm »

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Catalog:
People;
Tath Zagith (Grandmaster Soldier, Legendary Tailor)
Indilwen (Master Alchemist, Herbalist, and wood worker)
Corai (Master Broker, Master Marksbold)
Gizogin
MrHappyFace (Woodcutter, Furnace Operator)
Eric Blank (Legendary Miner, Mason, Engraver, and Great Architect)
Wierd (Engineer, Alchemist, clothier, glass maker, lasher, necromancer, animal caretaker/trainer, Herbalist, Legendary demolitionist)

Misc;
A few candy wafers
A plump helmet man
12 Kobolds
Vial of Oliolli-berry extract
(XxRancidly soiledxX) ceramic, glass fiber, and PVC rubber hazard suit, containing misc vials of refined chemicals, a large greenglass pot, and a pneumatic piledriver
Anvil
Few Scraps of Dalekanium

Ghosts;
Kofthefens (Glassmaker, Potter, Marksdwarf, Organizer, Record Keeper, Swimmer, Mechanic, Siege engineer. When Alive)
Hugo
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 11:26:48 pm by Saurinae »
Nevermind the disturbingly knowing look that kobold has on her face. That dwarf SHOULD be embarrased!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2012, 12:20:01 am »

and some !!{rotten giant moose meat}!!

Not really... We should probably leave that behind. That's exactly what's going on in my DF fort right now, though. Been burning for a month now. :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2012, 12:33:52 am »

I'm going to assume it's still the same world, simply so the same Oliolli can remain. Too bad about what happened at the previous  :-\ I had kinda sorta had a lot of plans for that place. Oh well.

And I had to sleep over all that.

Hey, are we going to make that TV Tropes page or something?

BTW, I'll just go over the battle of the Oliollis, this happens before the utter destruction of the fortress, I'll just have to evacuate Oliolli from the general area before rocks fall.

Music.

Trace amounts of forumitium remained in the fortress. Amounts too small to bring in a legend, the substance began seeping towards the lower parts of the fortress.
--
Clockwork Oliolli approached Oliolli. "Yes, your good friend HugoLuman has a doppelganger. In a clockwork body, no less. But even he is but a pawn in the big picture. Why am I telling you this, you ask? Well, naturally I, as your rival, must deliver a proper monologue before the fight. ... Nah, Let's just get this over with." Clockwork Oliolli punched his fists into the slade, causing great cracks. Blue bolts of energy arced into the slade form it's hands, and soon Clockwork Oliolli pulled from the terrain a large sword, more or less the size of a man. Oliolli's thoughts were distributed between That has got to be diffcult to use, Cool trick that and Why did I throw away that Spawnsword? Deciding to surprise Clockwork Oliolli and maybe even disarm it, Oliolli stepped forward with his right leg, closing the distance between them and struck at the sword with his copper pick from his right. The pick glanced away, and Clockwork Oliolli quickly struck back, turning the blade sideways and cutting off the head of the pick. "You fool! Do you not remember that slade is immune to all weapons?" Oliolli threw the pick's handle away, as Clockwork Oliolli lifted the sword above it's head and brought it down at Oliolli. Oliolli moved his left leg to his right from behind his right leg, averting the blow. Before even properly setting his left foot down he kicked it up back up, and as the blade came down, set his leg on the other side of the blade. "If it's immune to weapons, I'll just have to tear it apart with my bare damn hands!" Grabbing the blade he was now sitting on and keeping down from different directions with his hands, he began to pull in different directions. Slowly the blade began to bend and tear. Anticipating Clockwork Oliolli's next move, he quickly slid off the blade and took a step forward (left leg) as Clockwork Oliolli jerked the blade up: had Oliolli not moved he would've been cut in half. In one swift movement, Oliolli grabbed the blade again, now directly between him and Clockwork Oliolli, kicked the handle of the sword from below with his right leg, nearly breaking Clockwork Oliolli's grip on it, and pulled the sword away from Clockwork Oliolli's grasp, throwing it over his own head, into an eerie glowing pit behind him,  suffering a cut to his left shoulder in the process. Unfortunately, this opened up an excellent spot for an attack by Clockwork Oliolli, who kicked Oliolli in the stomach, sending him flying. While Oliolli was getting up and trying to catch his breath Clockwork Oliolli punched his hands into the slade again, arcing the same energy as before. This time Clockwork Oliolli pulled out two short swords. It began running toward Oliolli, who quickly dodged the incoming blades to the left, while kicking Clockwork Oliolli in his right leg. Being a clockwork machine, this had very little effect. Within moments, it had lost balance as the leg was moved from under it, regained balance and set it's foot down again. Clockwork Oliolli spun to it's, blades at waist and chest height, ready to slice through Oliolli's soft tissue. Oliolli's reflexes kicked in, and he jumped to stomach height and positioned himself parallel to the ground. One blade swung from beneath him, the other from above him. As the blades passed him, he set his hands to the ground, kicked speed from the lower blade and threw his legs over his body, in the end landing on his feet. Clockwork Oliolli spun until it's back faced Oliolli, stopped and slashed from above it's head. Oliolli stepped to his left with his right leg, turning 90 degrees clockwise to avert the blows, which he assumed were both coming from above, and remained in motion, even as he felt a sharp pain in his left leg. Oliolli spun 270 degrees clockwise and facing Clockwork Oliolli again placed his left foot onto the ground - only to find that his left leg ended in a blood stump of a knee. Clockwork Oliolli had struck form the side with his second sword, cutting Oliolli's leg off. Oliolli kept spinning as he began to fall down, resulting in him landing on his chest, facing away from Clockwork Oliolli. Oliolli knew what Clockwork Oliolli would do next: move in for the killing blow. Oliolli was unarmed, barely mobile and very open to attack. In front of Oliolli there was a handle of something, however. Oliolli assumed it was his pick, grabbed it and placed his right foot onto the ground, bending it in a difficult manner. As Clockwork Oliolli leapt at Oliolli, Oliolli grabbed the handle, pushed his upper body off the ground, kicked himself into motion with his right leg, now spinning to his right. Oliolli mustered all his strength and swung the handle into the direction of Clockwork Oliolli.

[Ace of Spades] (No, seriously)

The attack connected. The head of the weapon stopped Clockwork Oliolli in the middle of it's flight as it smashed into it's side. The blow compressed most of the mechanisms inside Clockwork Oliolli, losing very little momentum. Finally, the blow, still in full motion, forced Clockwork Oliolli into the ground at a very difficult angle, crushing most of it's body into a crumpled heap of metal. The impact sent large treors through the terrain. The head of the weapon was still lodged inside Clockwork Oliolli. Oliolli pulled it out to take a proper look at it: no way it was the handle of a copper pick, and it wasn't. It was a slade warhammer of the highest quality. It had pictures of gods striking down forumites, gods founding fortresses and a picture of Loud Whispers and a tumbleweed demon in adamantine. Also on it was a picture of purring magots in what appeared to be cat leather. It was obviously a lethal weapon, and as Oliolli soon found, also a great crutch until Gizogin could reattach his leg. As Oliolli was walking away from the wrecked Clockwork, he heard a voice. "You think you have won?" Oliolli stopped. "You know how we Oliollis are. This is but a minor setback. I will be back. And you can't stop what the Big Bad has in mind. Not you, not wierd, not HugoLuman, no one." Oliolli turned to Clockwork Oliolli. "What do you mean?" "They are at it again. The kittens. They are going to summon the Self Contained Assault Monster Project #5." "Wouldn't be the first time. Remember the Arch-Arson of Arstruk? The Mad Prophet of Slevinamare? The World-Eater Legions of Setrubonra? Sankis the Seventh? I've stopped them before, I'll stop them again." "This time is different. The kittens have learned from you. They know how you work. And they want you gone." Clockwork Oliolli's head had risen, now looking at Oliolli wearing a grotesque smile caused by the smashed half of the head. "The kittens will summon S.C.A.M.P.5. and there is nothing you can do to stop it. The world will be devoured, the Barracks will be devoured and all you can do is watch." Clockwork Oliolli's head had begin spinning. It was unscrewing itself. "You will die. Each and every one of you will die. There will be no survivors." Clockwork Oliolli began cackling madly as it's head was spinning ever faster. "THERE WILL BE NO SURVIVORS! AND I WILL BE BACK! I WANT TO KILL YOU PERSONALLY!" The head detached, and the other Oliolli's spirit left the clockwork body. Loud noises could be heard from the fortress above. Oliolli started slowly limping away form the site of the fortress. He had no idea where he was going. And could he believe Clockwork Oliolli? Were the kittens trying to summon S.C.A.M.P.5. again? Oliolli found that the barriers were gone, so he kept going. Not long after, he was knocked over by a massive explosion coming from the fortress' direction. Oliolli could guess what had happened.

WTF? Only two ninjas?

Also, Oliolli: Legendary [Fighter, Axeoliolli, Swordsoliolli, Hammeroliolli, Spearoliolli, Dodger, Shield user, Armor User, Wrestler, Striker, Kicker, Weaponsmith (mood)]

By the time he reaches your new place he'll prolly be stark raving mad. Or so I've planned.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 06:10:59 am by Oliolli »

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2012, 05:09:18 am »

Are there any requirements to sign up for this?

I may as well post my character sheet.

Reudh: Mason extraordinare, probably has some kind of latent mary sue ability that I'll decide later. Not afraid of fighting, and can also identify artifacts in only a few seconds.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2012, 06:19:54 am »

Alright, I'm still the doctor of the fort.  Oliolli, let's take a look at that leg of yours...
BTW, I probably should have mentioned that G-Bodies V-VIII survived from the last fort, as did a significant portion of my research, notes, and writings. 
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

stormtemplar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2012, 08:06:01 am »

I want to be a skilled swordsdwarf!
It's needlessly complicated and a hazard to cats.

I'll take twenty!

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2012, 08:10:16 am »

Legendary blacksmith.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2012, 09:04:22 am »

Oliolli, let's take a look at that leg of yours...

That'll be hard, Oliolli is wandering aimlessly in hell. Give me some time, I'll just use a deus ex machina to get Oliolli there.

When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2012, 09:31:19 am »

I survived by using my planeswalker abilites!
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2012, 11:12:46 am »

That'll be hard, Oliolli is wandering aimlessly in hell. Give me some time, I'll just use a deus ex machina to get Oliolli there.

Not a problem, I can wait.

My skills are pretty much the same as last time, with a couple of changes:
Legendary in all medical skills (I've had quite a bit of practice by this point)
Master Mechanic
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

stormtemplar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2012, 12:42:06 pm »

Legendary in all medical skills (I've had quite a bit of practice by this point)
Master Mechanic

Don't forget legendary +5 accidental murderer
It's needlessly complicated and a hazard to cats.

I'll take twenty!

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2012, 01:29:16 pm »

Im going to chop some trees.
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2012, 01:40:48 pm »

Master Mechanic

Don't forget legendary +5 accidental murderer

Only +5?  I'm pretty sure I've surpassed that!
Accidental murderer?  I don't do anything by accident!
Not that I'm a murderer or anything.  All those patients were clearly heathens/sinners/blasphemers, so not even my medical expertise could save them from Armok's wrath.  That's how that works, right?  If I save someone from a terminal illness, then I'm a great doctor, but if I fail, then they obviously weren't fated to survive, and their death is therefore not my fault.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2012, 01:47:01 pm »

If I save someone from a terminal illness, then I'm a great doctor, but if I fail, then they obviously weren't fated to survive, and their death is therefore not my fault.

...I just came form r/atheism, and that seems like a very refreshing point of view now.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2012, 02:29:05 pm »

I am present.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 306