No
- 1 (3.6%)
It was fun for a long time but towards the end it just started to drag
- 6 (21.4%)
I wish I could have joined in.
- 17 (60.7%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 306

Author Topic: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall, continued... FULL DISCLOSURE  (Read 250249 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall, continued...
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2012, 03:52:08 pm »

I survived by using my planeswalker abilites!

I have forsaken my planeswalker abilities, unless there is a dire emergency.  Not, I'm going to die emergency, but the fort is going to die emergency.

Skills by this point, due to the prior thead (I spent fifteen years in my realm due to the time-lock slowing down your conception of time)
Skilled miner
Skilled woodcutter
Skilled mechanic
Skilled hunter
Legendary+3 Fighter
Legendary Archer
Legendary Crossbowman
Legendary Swordsman
Legendary+3 Armor User

Currently has (won't give up to anyone)(clothing should be masterwork)

1 shirt
1 pair of pants
1 firebrand breastplate
1 set of firebrand greaves
1 pair of firebrand high boots
1 dark cape
1 firebrand helm
1 elven bow
100 dragonbane arrows
2 adamantine short swords
60 300 magic the gathering cards (I would like to play against someone!)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 06:42:36 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2012, 04:08:22 pm »

What counts as a "FORT IS GOING TO DIE" moment?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2012, 04:10:06 pm »

Unless something is done, it would wind up a case of "Rocks fall, Everybody dies."

Think what I chose is over-powered.  Remember, I DID spent fifteen years away from you people due to the slowdown of time in your realm...

Hey Oliolli, I see you are using weird's method of event chosing!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 04:13:27 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2012, 04:12:50 pm »

I pulled "the lever" good enough?

Breaching the HFS, being invaded by shoggoth and daleks and having a runaway biohazard situation were merely "threats" to the fortress.

It exploding catastrophically in a raging ball of flaming cats, as the entire mountain gets displaced into an alternate universe filled with nothing but cats, and subsequently has a tardis explode in it seems to count as "fortress ending."

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2012, 04:15:29 pm »

Yes, that is where I intervene.  And the others depending on how bad would go if I don't intervene.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2012, 04:20:04 pm »

Why would you want to intervene that?!

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2012, 04:21:37 pm »

Why would you want to intervene that?!

Would only do so if it would kill everyone in the fort!  And if there was no possible alternative!

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2012, 05:54:10 pm »

Oh, right, items I have:
Severe Machinery (the book I wrote during the last fortress, which contains most of my notes)
other assorted notes, drawings, and such
1 giant olm leather cap
2 pig tail fiber hoods (1 red, 1 black)
1 iron helm
1 pig tail fiber shirt
2 iron mail shirts
1 iron breastplate
1 pair of pig tail fiber trousers
1 pair of iron greaves
2 phantom spider silk socks (comfortable, durable, and they breathe like Egyptian cotton)
2 sheep wool socks (doubling up on socks means no blisters on my feet from the iron boots)
2 iron boots
2 dragon leather gloves (fireproof)
2 phantom spider silk gloves (for more delicate work)
2 iron gauntlets
3 phantom spider silk cloaks (2 red, 1 black)
"Vol", Sound, my artifact platinum warhammer
1 giant cave spider silk pillow (a bit extravagant perhaps, but it makes for a wonderful night's sleep)
1 cat leather backpack
2 tin flasks (full of water dwarven wine)

Plus my G-Bodies and some other odds and ends.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2012, 06:18:07 pm »

I think that the TARDIS explosion set of Girlinhat's secret fusion reactor, causing a thermonuclear fireball which left a massive crater filled with unspeakable biocontaminant horrors.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2012, 06:20:04 pm »

I am in possession of;

1 copper pick
1 full set of leather clothing and an iron helm
1 small ☼opalized wood trinket☼ on a string. For which I would commit mass murder.

The tardis explosion sucked Girlinhat's lab into the cat dimension. If there are unspeakable horrors in connection with her lab, besides those lucky souls that managed to escape over the years and were put down by the guard, then that's where they will be too.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2012, 06:24:25 pm »

I do not know how to do that, but the clothing items in my post should be masterwork quality.

Refresher of what I brought:

I survived by using my planeswalker abilites!

I have forsaken my planeswalker abilities, unless there is a dire emergency.  Not, I'm going to die emergency, but the fort is going to die emergency.

Skills by this point, due to the prior thead (I spent fifteen years in my realm due to the time-lock slowing down your conception of time)
Skilled miner
Skilled woodcutter
Skilled mechanic
Skilled hunter
Legendary+3 Fighter
Legendary Archer
Legendary Crossbowman
Legendary Swordsman
Legendary+3 Armor User

Currently has (won't give up to anyone)

1 shirt
1 pair of pants
1 firebrand breastplate
1 set of firebrand greaves
1 pair of firebrand high boots
1 dark cape
1 firebrand helm
1 elven bow
100 dragonbane arrows
2 adamantine short swords
60 300 magic the gathering cards (I would like to play the game against someone!)

And about 100 pieces of meat were ordered by me from my home realm, just now.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 06:28:22 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »

stormtemplar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2012, 06:41:22 pm »

Oliolli, let's take a look at that leg of yours...

That'll be hard, Oliolli is wandering aimlessly in hell. Give me some time, I'll just use a deus ex machina to get Oliolli there.

Not a problem, I can wait.

My skills are pretty much the same as last time, with a couple of changes:
Legendary in all medical skills (I've had quite a bit of practice by this point)
Master Mechanic

Don't forget legendary +5 accidental murderer

Only +5?  I'm pretty sure I've surpassed that!
Accidental murderer?  I don't do anything by accident!
Not that I'm a murderer or anything.  All those patients were clearly heathens/sinners/blasphemers, so not even my medical expertise could save them from Armok's wrath.  That's how that works, right?  If I save someone from a terminal illness, then I'm a great doctor, but if I fail, then they obviously weren't fated to survive, and their death is therefore not my fault.

Terminal illness? That's totally how it works. What you're forgetting is stubbed toes do NOT count as a terminal illness. 
It's needlessly complicated and a hazard to cats.

I'll take twenty!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2012, 06:47:02 pm »

Corai sat downnext to the incorpeal HugoLuman, who looked pensive. "You want to know why my mind split?"
"Um, sorta I gue-"
"Well, it all started when I got the idea for time travel. Before the explosion, I had begun hearing voices in my mind. I didn't know what was causing them, and I made the logical conclusion that I must be cracking up, though I couldn't tell why. That's partly true; I had no clue what trauma caused the split because it hadn't happened yet. When I was brought back by the dragons, though, I saw all of time before me as I banished the Oliollifex. It was from that perspective that I saw what only someone in that situation could see; how we came to be in a Dwarf Fortress world to begin with. Saw who brought us here."
"Who... who brought us h-"
"Yes. And why as well. And it filled my mind with rage at the sheer injustice of it. I wanted revenge, wanted it so badly. But my more rational and calm side, the one that told me I am abhorred to all violence and knew that revenge was not justice, only a dangerous and inadequate substitute, that side could not seek revenge. Thus my mind was split by the 2 motivations; to remain peaceful and in control of myself, and to follow vengeance with a passion. I think that the other me wanted to get this revenge by killing and replacing whoever it was. Being so entangled with causality at that moment, the split was recursive, breaking my mind back in time to the point I first contemplated time travel, and thus becoming a stable time-loop."
Corai was very unnerved about learning there was a will, probably malign, that brought them to this world. "But... who is it?"
HugoLuman sighed. "I do not know. The part of my mind that contains that knowledge is with my other half."

The room was dark, and of indeterminable dimensions because of this. A huge wall of screens stood, with various pictures on each. One had a large image of a toad. A shadowy figure was silhouetted against the screens, operating a computer hooked up to the central one.
The figure pressed a few keys, and a program marked "Dwarf Fortress 1.0" opened. Looking at the screen, he smiled as he saw all his pawns dance. The beauty of the game had always been that though he could control the ultimate fate of the world, all the pawns had free will within their little circles; but he was always one step ahead of them, and he could turn their free will to follow the paths he wanted.
They had always irked him. Those forumites, who had always looked to carve out pieces of his domain for themselves and shape them. Those forumites, who had always been beyond his grasp, as his rule only existed within the confines of his multiverse, not in that other branch of the omniverse. Then they had made a mistake, and he took them.
And now they would dance and die and fight like all the other pawns. Sometimes he feigned to be on one side or the other. He had taken many names aside from his true one, such as Soulsmith, in order to pretend to be supporting some faction. In the end, though, it was all to make them fight each other. Nothing was better than watching them go for each others' throats.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 06:48:59 pm by HugoLuman »

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2012, 06:51:35 pm »

As always, I have..

1 Uzi
22 Gold Coins
1 Golden ring with a diamond in it, I WILL FREAKING KILL FOR THIS THING. (Its from my mama.)
A large adamanite dagger.
A broken minecart
Three kobold-sized buisance suits. For the kiddies.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2012, 06:56:07 pm »

All I have is #^clothes^#, and a one-shot magic flute.
#^quality^# shall now represent incorporeal/ghostly items.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 306