No
- 1 (3.7%)
It was fun for a long time but towards the end it just started to drag
- 6 (22.2%)
I wish I could have joined in.
- 16 (59.3%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Pages: 1 ... 302 303 [304] 305 306

Author Topic: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall, continued... FULL DISCLOSURE  (Read 248860 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall, continued...
« Reply #4545 on: April 05, 2013, 10:14:55 pm »

Well, for those of us here, I'd recommend staying with this thread. Zanz and I are planning something... interesting.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4546 on: April 06, 2013, 12:11:29 am »

This thing still lives?

I might have to stick around then.  The issue is that the fortress we are in has lost a lot of momentum, and has a very dark cloud hanging over it, in more than just the emotional sense.

There are serious supply issues. Serious manpower issues. Serious political issues.

We need to tie up many loose ends, and improve the fortress's prospects before "epic fun!" Can happen again. 

Really, we *need* some migrant waves. I'd settle for all the residents of "B-Ark" at this point! (Fish cleaners, lye makers, animal caretakers, cheese makers, etc.)

Maybe weird should start a school.......  increasing the horsepower of the existing dwarves would both dilute the OP nature of some of our chars, and solve a number of our current logistical problems.

The political fallout of such a situation could be difficult though. I doubt my 4 legged McGuffins would tolerate his opening a lecture hall so soon.

Argh... consequences!

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4547 on: April 06, 2013, 01:24:06 am »

I'm still here, waiting for something to happen.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4548 on: April 06, 2013, 03:04:44 am »

By tuesday, my friends. Things will happen by tuesday.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4549 on: April 09, 2013, 08:48:13 pm »

Alrighty then. I guess I'll just do this so we can move on.

Morning came, as some people's biological clocks informed them, before they went to go inform others.

No one could say why Vemini was knocked out stone cold in the hospital, a dent in his helmet. Nor could anyone explain why there was also a kobold with a broken arm there, and two found passed out and reeking of hard eggnog in young Olin's room. Sooty track lines zig-zagged down the corridors, ending in the charred remains of a ramshackle sleigh. Perhaps more alarming were the scorch marks on the walls, and the loom being on fire. Gizogin noted that almost his entire amphetamine supply was missing.

Still, the overjoyed cries of the 5 children, and of the adult dwarves when they found mysterious wrapped packages of stonecrafts addressed to them had magically appeared under the tree in the dining hall.

Wierd, who had been enjoying a good night's sleep without having to worry about murderous rodents, had shouted away numerous requests to come take a look at various things, finally felt he was well rested enough to deal with whatever bullshit was going on. When he tried to burst open the door, he felt it strike something on the other side, and heard something very large jump up and slam into the opposite wall. "Hugo, is that you? What the hell was going on last night!?"

"Oh... just some... something more stupid than you'd ever believe."

Wierd took a step out his door and felt something crunch underneath. He looked down. A small bag of anthracite.

"Oh yeah, Corai says hi."

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4550 on: April 09, 2013, 11:41:40 pm »

"I see..." said weird peering out of the infirmary door.

True to his word the day before, he had indeed returned to the infirmary, after taking care of his "domestic chores" involving his "pet chicken", but not before hunting down and begging the services of Gizogin's half-sister.  Getting in and out of the infirmary to supervise the cooking and to also be "asleep" during the hourly check-ins in the recovery ward without being noticed requied essentially being in two places at once, and for that, he had needed her singular talents.

When he first found her, she seemed disturbed by something, but the combination of pulling a fast one on X, getting to play with the saltwater taffy, and actually having food fit to actually at come out of the kitchens for a change had gotten her to agree to the game, and by the end of the night, she had practically cackled herself silly making funny "pastry muppets" out of the profiteroles and eclairs, and other sundry christmas candy and dinner items he was playing head chef for. The one with the strawberry jam blood and candyfloss hair conspicuously placed on the edge of the serving plate with X shaped frosting for eyeballs as the other "puppets" stared on in terror was particulary comical.  She had arranged it in a white frosting nightshirt, and insisted it had experiened an "unfortunate accident".  He hadn't been in any condition to prevent her from totally making a mockery of the crochenbuche that he had intended to be christmas tree shaped, and in the end, it became a caricature of the pastry puppets clamboring all over each other to escape from a colorful taffy effigy of the amorphous monster fought eariler that day,, with the "top" one having had said "accident". (The fact that the cremepuff muppets were done up to look like the fortress residents, and the one that had experienced said accident was clearly meant to be himself was clearly evident.)

Keeping the usual kitchen staff in line so that they didn't make drawven hardtack instead of puff pastries and other such mishaps had taken his full attention, so Lana's "artistic license" with the presentation was unavoidable.  Once the cooking was overwith, he had Lana teleport him back into the infirmary once more, and had stayed there all night.

Naturally, the details of what all else transpired were a complete and total mystery for him.

At least the coal that little shithead kobold had left might actually be useful later. He wasn't much for christmas, and not used to getting presents. The gag-gift was however enough to make him smile.

Looking around the ravaged hallways outside, he was actually rather glad he hadn't gotten involved....

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #4551 on: April 10, 2013, 09:02:20 am »

PTW, and PTB.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4552 on: April 10, 2013, 12:44:17 pm »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4553 on: April 10, 2013, 12:54:35 pm »

Pinch The Boobs. :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #4554 on: April 10, 2013, 05:17:49 pm »

Post To Bump, actually.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4555 on: April 11, 2013, 02:37:45 am »

[Noncanon]
Oliolli watched as some of the fortress residents finally started making their way topside. Never before had he seen dwarves seeking fresh air. Amusing, yet concerning in a way. The night had been quiet in terms of movement outside - he had seen absolutely no movement in or near the crash site. Suppose a dwarven party is too much to handle even for mutated monstrosities.
[/Noncanon]
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 02:06:25 am by Oliolli »

When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4556 on: April 11, 2013, 02:52:35 am »

Oliolli watched as some of the fortress residents finally started making their way topside. Never before had he seen dwarves seeking fresh air. Amusing, yet concerning in a way. The night had been quiet in terms of movement outside - he had seen absolutely no movement in or near the crash site. Suppose a dwarven party is too much to handle even for mutated monstrosities.

There was no party, they were all sound asleep. Also, blinding blizzard, ten feet of snow. Little need for a watch. It's still a-blowing. In fact, we might have to do something about that.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4557 on: April 12, 2013, 02:05:45 am »

No one could say why Vemini was knocked out stone cold in the hospital, a dent in his helmet. Nor could anyone explain why there was also a kobold with a broken arm there, and two found passed out and reeking of hard eggnog in young Olin's room. Sooty track lines zig-zagged down the corridors, ending in the charred remains of a ramshackle sleigh. Perhaps more alarming were the scorch marks on the walls, and the loom being on fire. Gizogin noted that almost his entire amphetamine supply was missing.

Sorry. Just figured because of that that something had happened.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4558 on: April 12, 2013, 10:41:58 am »

Sorry. Just figured because of that that something had happened.

Something had happened, but it wasn't a party. It was the Night Before Christmas, attempting to be santa thing I was gonna do but had to cancel. So I just showed the aftermath.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4559 on: April 12, 2013, 12:16:45 pm »

Mita looked out at the winter storm that was occurring.  When is this accursed thing going to stop? he thought to himself, as he returned to the fortress proper.  At least they managed to get the...creature down to...well, wherever they put it.  At least we can see that it hasn't broken out.  Don't want that escaping when the snow has piled over the shield so we wouldn't know about it.

As he approached the dining hall, Mita pulled the hood, which he had recently grabbed from the stockpile, down to cover his face further, as well as pulling the cloak, which he had gotten at the same time, tighter around himself.  The reason for doing this was not to keep out the cold, which he never minded.  No, the reason instead was so that he did not have to deal with the menacing stares that he was given by some of the dwarves.  Ever since that transformation, they regarded him as something that needed to be slain.  When he slept, he could swear that he heard some of them trying to sneak up on him, but when he went to investigate, whoever it was, or he corrected himself, whatever it was had disappeared.

Mita entered the dining hall and grabbed enough for a small meal, before going to the very back of the dining hall, where he had taken up eating after the incident.  As he ate, he reflected upon what the general had told him about what the form might be.  Evidence has proven that the war had happened far too long ago for any of the fragments to have survived.  They would have been destroyed, but, Mita thought as he looked at the ring, there isn't any other explanation at this time.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon
Pages: 1 ... 302 303 [304] 305 306