Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.34.09 Released  (Read 40432 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.34.09 Released
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2012, 04:26:20 pm »

edit:wait what is the ingame reason for fast travel? are you moving fast or are you warping?

Neither. It's just a way to abstract travel over long distances so it doesn't take as long for the player to get from A to B.
oh thanks for the clear up.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Niyazov

• Bay Watcher
  • shovel them under and let me work - I am the grass
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2012, 06:16:14 pm »

Are traps intended to block caravan wagons now? (Because they do.) I didn't see any mention of it in the release notes.

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2012, 07:28:59 pm »

Coal and lignite produce more coke now... has the wood burner ever been changed, or does it still only yield 1 charcoal per tree?

Lokathor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2012, 08:47:43 pm »

The frame rate in .08 and .09 seems to be really unstable. In lots of cases the game will slow down, then accelerate, then slow again, several times within a minute.

Overall it seems to run much slower than .07 did though.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2012, 09:32:07 pm »

Coal and lignite produce more coke now... has the wood burner ever been changed, or does it still only yield 1 charcoal per tree?
I think the vanilla wood burner stayed the same.
The Genesis mod lets you make two armfuls of charcoal from one tree.

I noticed a thing: have two wells, both run dry. Surface water all frozen. Get a million "cancels drink: well dry" announcements. Out of booze, too.
Some water left in the bottom of indoor drinking reservoirs. Drinking zone is designated to include the two reservoirs and their two wells. Zone reports 14 area-units of water.
*makes save for archival* Deconstructing the two wells did not help. Removing and redesignating drinking zone, no help. 2/7 stagnant in the reservoirs. *spring comes to save the day*

EDIT: CRASH! when migrants arrived, and unpaused from that announcement.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 10:00:35 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Artanis00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2012, 09:33:08 pm »

I've got a pair of dwarfs stuck wandering back and forth with "store item in bin" jobs. Any way to clear those jobs?

[edit]

Found two. Assign them to a tiny burrow to cancel the job as inaccessible, or wait for them to get drowsy enough to go sleep.

While I was setting up the burrow, one wandered off to bed. The second one got assigned to the burrow, cancelled the job, and crashed one square short of the bed. I hope they wake up before they dehydrate or starve to death.

[edit2]

One woke up and ostensibly went to eat and drink while I cancelled another broken job. The other was brought water in bed (I thought that was only for injured?). Food was attempted, but couldn't be found, despite being not 10 tiles away. That dwarf just woke and is now eating.

[edit3]

Oh god, now 4 are stuck!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 09:45:03 pm by Artanis00 »
Git - fast, efficient, distributed version control system
Github - Free public repositories, issue tracking, wikis, downloads...

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2012, 11:27:57 pm »

Just when I thought I was done updating news info on Desura... *sigh*
Hahaha, I saw this before I went to bed and just decided it could wait. It looks like there will be a few more quick releases yet--little tweaks will certainly abound! I should probably check back regularly.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2012, 12:28:13 am »

I managed to hit an interesting bug with the hauling...
I was trying to produce cloth and clothing at the same time. But the cloth was stored in a bin, and whenever the weaver turned out a new piece of cloth someone would grab the entire bin and take it to the loom to put the cloth in it. The clothier would go looking for cloth but the bin was constantly leaving the stockpile, so they kept spamming no-available-cloth cancellations.

I tried to fix it by disabling bins in the cloth stockpile, but there was one dwarf who had been in the middle of moving the bin who completely lost it at that point and got stuck running back and forth across 5 or 6 squares while carrying the bin. Turning bins back on in the stockpile didn't help. I had to forbid the cloth bin he was carrying to snap him out of it.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 12:32:17 am by DeKaFu »

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2012, 01:13:09 am »

Maybe as default they should only haul a single item at a time, untill there's multiple items queued up requiring the same bin, then they haul the entire damn bin to the job?
I can see problems with this too as whenever you queue a large job at a certain workshop it would be faster to have a bin waiting at the workshop which gets filled immediately with the items.
Perhaps that's the optimisation needed? Allow bins to be put into workshops then when they're full they get hauled over to the stockpile?
It would allow the minimum of haul jobs per Item/workshop, the only problem is waiting for the bin to be entirely filled before moving, what if you're only making 2 pairs of socks? Your items would be waiting forbidden from use forever.Possible solution might be for the stockpile to allow the bin to be hauled to stockpile immediately as soon as that workshop has finished producing, but if there is still items queued up it'll wait till the bin is full then flag it for hauling.
A solution might be to allow items in bins waiting to be hauled, or actually being hauled to be accessed by dwarves needing them (maybe when they're being hauled the dwarf needing the item can know it's there but wait till it reaches a destination before grabbing it, as otherwise it may be too hard for the pathfinding code to intercept the moving hauler.)
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Durian Hohlades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2012, 04:36:40 am »

New release pls, no wheelbarrows and minecarts ?! (missing in shops))
Shiiiiiiit

Raven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2012, 04:53:21 am »

what about the tuning to randomness of migrant's skills?
http://dwarffortressitalia.tumblr.com/

Italian blog about Dwarf Fortress

Il primo blog italiano su Dwarf Fortress

The_Countess

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2012, 07:17:50 am »

I can see problems with this too as whenever you queue a large job at a certain workshop it would be faster to have a bin waiting at the workshop which gets filled immediately with the items.

some workshops produce goods that go into different stockpiles. having them all in 1 bin doesn't help, and currently leave the bin stuck until some items are removed.

Stormfeather

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2012, 08:37:17 am »

Yay, thanks for the new release, the buckets-at-the-well thing was driving me nuts. Though from the sound of if, not sure if I should start playing this release, or wait... >_>

Hamsmagoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2012, 10:33:03 am »

Are traps intended to block caravan wagons now? (Because they do.) I didn't see any mention of it in the release notes.
I bought some enormous corkscrews from the caravan, then built a weapon trap.  Now the wagon is just sitting in my trade depot and it's been more than a full season.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2012, 02:40:18 pm »

Shift-D anyone?
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4