Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Nobles and Administrators screen is empty  (Read 3235 times)

kingubu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Nobles and Administrators screen is empty
« on: May 19, 2012, 11:48:38 am »

Everyone died.

Well, most everyone, there are still a few kids running around and that one insane vampire in the tower.  And now some more migrants have arrived.

I can't assign any nobles.  So I can't assign anyone to the military.  34.07  The nobles screen is just blank.  We had a king before the horribleness happened.

Any ideas?

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
Re: Nobles and Administrators screen is empty
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 11:50:35 am »

no clue, but you might have to wait untill a new mayor is elected (expedition leader)
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Starkad

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 12:12:36 pm »

Yea I had this problem too once as well, but just wait. My screen was suddenly back, and I believe it was when a mayor was elected.

kingubu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2012, 01:19:15 pm »

Yup, that was it.  17th of Hematite one of my dying unconscious immigrants was elected Mayor and the nobles screen was back.  Thanks!

Anyone know a way to keep the immigrants from traveling to the center of the fort?  It's full of FBs right now.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2012, 01:27:20 pm »

With [i], designate a meeting area somewhere safer. Then remove the old one in the middle of your fort, if it's there.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

kingubu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2012, 03:39:23 pm »

Nope, didn't work.  Made a zone out by the edge of the map and made sure my dining hall and well weren't meeting halls, and they all bee-lined for the bedrooms.  Guess I need beds out there.

Well, only 4 more months and I can hand this boondoggle off to the next guy.

Komra

• Bay Watcher
  • This is your brain on DF
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2012, 07:01:32 pm »

Nope, didn't work.  Made a zone out by the edge of the map and made sure my dining hall and well weren't meeting halls, and they all bee-lined for the bedrooms.  Guess I need beds out there.

Well, only 4 more months and I can hand this boondoggle off to the next guy.

Check for burrow settings- they may be forced to live in that area.
But you never see a movie where a terrible coal plant accident causes a horrible devastation, do you? Nope, everyone seems to think that nuclear plants get their energy by smacking live atomic warheads all day or something.

kingubu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2012, 03:49:39 am »

Made me think, because someone else could have set the burrow.  But no.  No burrows.

I'm still thinking they are headed for an empty bed.  Next fort I'll have to build a "Visitors Welcome Center" and see.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2012, 09:48:11 am »

New migrants will path to the nearest meeting zone. If there is no meeting zone, they will idle near the edge.

kingubu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2012, 06:51:07 pm »

Hmm, on closer look, they are going to an inactive burrow.  The "X" on them goes away as soon as they hit the edge of the burrow.  Then they grab a task and leave the burrow again, since no one is actually assigned to it.

rtg593

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2012, 06:56:43 pm »

Sure that burrow isn't set as an active military alert? And where's the succession thread? I really want to see your successors reaction :p
Is it because light travels faster than sound,
that people appear bright until you hear them speak?

kingubu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2012, 08:51:14 pm »

Yeah, not an alert civ burrow.  We are all in gaming group together, so there's no thread.  We just yell at each other in vent.

ResMar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2012, 10:01:03 pm »

Word, way to wreck things for your successor :s
ヽ(´ー`)┌[>゜))))彡]   Dwarf Therapist User Guide

kingubu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2012, 12:08:54 am »

LOL, it was handed to me with 1 insane vampire and 26 children.  I thought that was clear.  I was just trying to recover somehow.

The others decided to give up and start over, since there's mine carts and stuff to play with.

First guy just started, he chose and evil biome full of mists and crap.  I already hate him.

I also wasn't the guy who extended the bedroom stairs straight to the caverns.  Mati, you suck.