Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 108

Author Topic: GEℕESIS Rᶒborℕ [5.43] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk  (Read 322089 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.09] GENESIS 4 MOD (Alpha 2)
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2012, 10:38:42 pm »

Why have rocksmashing now that rocks are more precious? I mean, I do have a rock salt smashing reaction in my science mod, but that's for culinary purposes
Why not? It's just an option. I always end up with too many rocks.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2012, 12:34:32 am »

I thought about adding this, and a blockfactory for each type of rock, as well, but decided againt it, for two reasons:
A: It is rather pointless with the recent changes, or at least 25% less usefull then before.
B: All stone used as a reagent is marked economic, so players have to manually enable "red" stone from the stocks screen in every fortress.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2012, 05:30:45 am »

Yep, WORTHLESS_STONE_ONLY is the best way to do it without screwing up the economic stone list.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2012, 08:25:06 am »

I'm glad you're focusing on Genesis again, Deon, but I'm sad that there wont be anymore orc caravans with tasty weapons :'(

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2012, 09:03:48 am »

There will be quite a lot of new things though :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2012, 09:34:24 am »

What are your plans regarding Dwarf castes, Deon? And are you going to use the Dwergi or aren't they feasible?
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2012, 03:36:13 pm »

Oh hai.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2012, 05:12:54 pm »

Ohgod can you upload a graphic tileset version? or explain how to install a graphics pack hahaha i swear its like fucking rocket science thrown on top of quantum physics--i still cant play with ACSII.

I loved your mod because it had tons of things to kill since vanilla gets boring fast without true carnage of multiple hostiles siegeing--will you be adding beastmen/werewolves or does the undead fill the niche of weak hordes? I love the idea of dwarven plate! could you also add bulwark shields that cover a larger area but are heavier? I want to open my drawbridge and let the undead hordes see 30 dwarves clad in full plate with behind giant square shields with mine carts filled with giant spinning blades sailing over their heads into the mass.

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2012, 05:17:45 pm »

Just started a fort in a savage savannah. The dwarven civ is at war with the local sylvans and I dialed back the attack triggers for the barbarians, undead and titans quite a bit, plus there's a necromancer tower on the horizon. Should be fun! I'll let you know how it plays out and if I run in to any bugs. Very excited to see this.

E: Seem to be getting a consistent crash a bit after the first caravan starts unloading at the depot. Probably not mod-related.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 03:59:14 pm by trees »
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2012, 12:29:34 am »

It could be mod-related if there was a creature arriving on the map which crashes the game, I did not check ALL new creatures after reorganizing them, so I will in a moment.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.10] GENESIS 4 MOD (Alpha 3)
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2012, 01:26:26 am »

Just a little update tp 0.31.10 to fix some glaring problems. Save compatible with your 0.31.09 saves (I look at you trees :) ).

- common snapping turtle -> snapping turtle.
- foxes and gray foxes have proper names.
- fixed invisible nords.
- added pegasi and unicorns.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 11:32:06 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Asra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2012, 09:23:12 am »

Hey Deon, in the Manual the data on all the above-ground plants seems to be completely blank aside from the listing. Planning on filling that in at some point?

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2012, 10:06:27 am »

I managed to corrupt my 34.09 old genesis world by updating to .10, so I'm trying this out now. ... how long until a phoebus version with compatible dfhack and therapist?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2012, 11:33:33 am »

Hey Deon, in the Manual the data on all the above-ground plants seems to be completely blank aside from the listing. Planning on filling that in at some point?
Yep, as I said I barely manage my time with all the paperwork I have to do to start working on my new job, and exams along the way :).

I managed to corrupt my 34.09 old genesis world by updating to .10, so I'm trying this out now. ... how long until a phoebus version with compatible dfhack and therapist?
Probably in a few days. I need to add some stuff to make it more or less complete first (an extensive list of fantasy creatures and the corruptors' civ), and then I will release graphical versions.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2012, 04:12:18 pm »

Updated, but I'm still getting the crash. Oh well, I'll gen a new world later. I had been getting a lot of buggy behavior earlier (like dwarves getting in to combat with nothing and falling over whenever they went down a certain ramp) so it's not too surprising. I guess there's still stuff for Toady to iron out.

Anything in particular you need to test or could use help with, Deon?
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 108