Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 108

Author Topic: GEℕESIS Rᶒborℕ [5.43] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk  (Read 322211 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: GEℕESIS Rᶒborℕ [5.43] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk
« Reply #1545 on: February 17, 2014, 05:08:07 pm »

Do you mean adventure mode or fortress mode?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Blaze_1711

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: February 17, 2014, 05:20:15 pm »

Do you mean adventure mode or fortress mode?
Adventure mode, i try to use the numpad 5 and i get the message that my character is "working", but nothing goes to my inventory, neither to my hands.

Edit: I just realized that i can't use workshops, and "tame animal" doesn't seem to do anything other than open way for an attack.
Could explain to me why don't they work, and how should i use them? I read the manual, but it doesn't get too deep beyond the basic commands and their uses...
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 07:45:28 am by Blaze_1711 »

Merch_Lis

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: February 23, 2014, 05:18:47 am »

Bonjour.

I playing this great mod at the moment and enjoying it alot, but it's a shame it doesn't have a manual as detailed as Masterwork's.

I can't understand a few things.
First: in a Scull Throne I don't have a task to sacrifice bones. Why could that be? And are there any other ways to get the specialized crystals for temples?
And second: what happens to the Centurions and Clockwork dwarfs when they are damaged (ex. when steam is lost, which happens quite quickly in every battle) - can they be repared?

melmarkian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: February 23, 2014, 06:16:52 am »

I think the lost steam doesnīt give the Centurions/Clockworks any malus. And the Centurions have always repaired themselves over time in my forts.

I am struggling at the moment with the Voidwalkers. They have this annoying hide-mechanic that pisses me of. They just hide every few seconds and stop the game with the ambush message. I have tried to use nightwatch scarfes, but they donīt seem to work.

Kaplahworm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: February 25, 2014, 09:56:22 am »

Quick question,

Im back on DF adventure mode after a long break and am trying this out. I really liked chocolate mod and this one seems great!

I found a lair to claim as my own (the previous tenant was ..... evicted) and started to work on it.
I found some obsidian stones and made a pick and an axe.

The pick had a few issues at first but then i got it working (equiping only the pick and dropping my sword and shield worked) and everything was peachy.

But after a while of clearing out some rooms in the lair my guy (well.... girl.... i keep accidentally making girls) started walking backwards and insted of it saying v dig b in the top left it reads as v dig working (-1) b

Ive tried waiting and sleeping and it just does the same. I tried out my axe and i get the same responce from trees.
Is this a common error or am i doing something wrong?

Otherwise loving the mod so far.

The men of the dale will rise again from my private underground fortress!
Mother Mel they will call me!!!!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: April 19, 2014, 11:57:48 am »

What do I do with gem powder I get from the gem grinder? The raws seem to imply that it's pottery glaze, but the kilns do not accept it as such. Using dfhack to autodump it from the bag seems to make it evaporate.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: April 19, 2014, 01:15:15 pm »

Thanks for the information Akura, that gem dust was a part of a big geomancy overhaul and I haven't got a lot of feedback since then. I will check how to fix it and let you know :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: April 20, 2014, 10:35:18 am »

Quick question,

Im back on DF adventure mode after a long break and am trying this out. I really liked chocolate mod and this one seems great!

I found a lair to claim as my own (the previous tenant was ..... evicted) and started to work on it.
I found some obsidian stones and made a pick and an axe.

The pick had a few issues at first but then i got it working (equiping only the pick and dropping my sword and shield worked) and everything was peachy.

But after a while of clearing out some rooms in the lair my guy (well.... girl.... i keep accidentally making girls) started walking backwards and insted of it saying v dig b in the top left it reads as v dig working (-1) b

Ive tried waiting and sleeping and it just does the same. I tried out my axe and i get the same responce from trees.
Is this a common error or am i doing something wrong?

Otherwise loving the mod so far.

The men of the dale will rise again from my private underground fortress!
Mother Mel they will call me!!!!

Have you tried eating or drinking? Dwarves in fort mode will often stop work to eat or drink before the visible indicator appears. It's probably the same with advfort.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

soyweiser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: May 04, 2014, 03:08:54 pm »

Perhaps useful for somebody, I made a list of all the changelogs. The manual might not be all that great and missing a few things, but if you read all the changelog data you get more information of what has been changed.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/17WTIuCABg8yGm_IHIloRhuEO5_4wNTYfCi6cXJWvoY4/edit?usp=sharing

Also have a list of notes I made from reading the thread so far. (lists of metal grades, what the various new curses and transformations do and other stuff) anybody interested if I post those?

Edit:
- Hellbats still suffocate.
- Found a bug, the opium snail has no tile. (only a red X).
And not a bug but wow... that snail. 6 broken bones on various dwarfs all permanent numb nerve damage, one dead.
- changed the link to google drive.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 07:16:31 am by soyweiser »

HooliganintheFort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: May 22, 2014, 09:19:38 pm »

Perhaps useful for somebody, I made a list of all the changelogs. The manual might not be all that great and missing a few things, but if you read all the changelog data you get more information of what has been changed.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ejmtbehtyh98cj3/Genesis%20Changelog.txt

Also have a list of notes I made from reading the thread so far. (lists of metal grades, what the various new curses and transformations do and other stuff) anybody interested if I post those?

Edit:
- Hellbats still suffocate.
- Found a bug, the opium snail has no tile. (only a red X).
And not a bug but wow... that snail. 6 broken bones on various dwarfs all permanent numb nerve damage, one dead.

Thank you so much, for some reason the manual doesn't show up for me sometimes

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: May 23, 2014, 07:07:08 am »

Thanks for the update Soy, I didn't have time to return to this mod and it's likely that I will remake it from scratch for the new version. But it's heart-warming to see that people still play it :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1556 on: May 23, 2014, 04:42:09 pm »

Thanks for the update Soy, I didn't have time to return to this mod and it's likely that I will remake it from scratch for the new version. But it's heart-warming to see that people still play it :).
What is it with you and total remakes? :P
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: May 24, 2014, 03:30:18 am »

I just enjoy it.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

soyweiser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: May 24, 2014, 09:09:17 am »

Another remake? Damn.

Made a simple FAQ and kept a list of notes from reading the thread so far. Here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_IpnB8nWM6-idOCSOwPIgwDL-hiHlfCA9UOiCx6t8X0/edit?usp=sharing . Somebody might get some use out of it. The faq part is pretty clear. But the other notes are just that. Notes I made while reading the thread. So they might be inaccurate.

Edit: changed the location to google drive and not dropbox. (So I can keep my dropbox better organized).
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 07:15:41 am by soyweiser »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: May 24, 2014, 11:25:37 am »

Why would you damn it? I mean a lot of features of the current Genesis require DFHack and I think it won't work as well in the new version. So I will have to abuse the new modding possibilities to make it interesting and fresh, is it a bad thing hehe?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 108