Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 108

Author Topic: GEℕESIS Rᶒborℕ [5.43] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk  (Read 322396 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: [MOD] GENESIS [5.0]
« Reply #225 on: October 24, 2012, 06:44:06 am »

Of course, because a lot of stuff have changed. I will make a proper documentation with time :). Most of stuff which is in (workshops at least) can be understood by reading the old manual.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 24, 2012, 07:33:15 am »

Of course, because a lot of stuff have changed. I will make a proper documentation with time :). Most of stuff which is in (workshops at least) can be understood by reading the old manual.

Roger that! Time to do some exploring. ;)
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

fred1248

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 24, 2012, 03:25:53 pm »

I just noticed... why no cows in genesis 5.0? :(
How do you deliberately crutch a dwarf who seems to have no urge to go to the hospital and be diagnosed with "walklessness?"
Break his other leg.

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 24, 2012, 04:15:39 pm »

Genesis 5.0, made from scratch, is released.

And here we go again, there's some stuff missing, but at least it should work without freezing.

Just ASCII for now, I will work on graphical version soon. But it uses awesome tileset by Taffer.

Thank you kindly for the compliment, and including it! I hope you got the new version in before you packaged it up.

I'm looking forward to fooling around with it as soon as I'm back home this weekend and can rely on something besides my phone.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: [MOD] GENESIS [5.1] - Voidwalkers, bandits and stuff.
« Reply #229 on: October 25, 2012, 12:57:44 pm »

And here we go, the illithids are back! Well, not really, but a race close to them and fitting the theme of this mod.

- Removed pig tails.
- Added milkweed.
- Added hand axes, a smaller axe still good for chopping trees.
- "Fiber" from clothing is removed, it's now "cotton  shirt" instead of "cotton fiber shirt". I can do nothing with the extra space inbetween, sorry.
- Adjusted triggers for hostile and trading races properly.
- Added a new skulking race: bandits. They wear leather armor and use metal weapons.
- Added a new race, a spiritual successor of the former illithids: Voidwalkers. Evil creatures from the void, they inhabit evil lands.
- Split voidwalkers into 6 castes: banshee, mindflayer, shadowlord, slender, voidmaster, wight. All voidwalkers are resistant to weapons, use moonsilver to fight them.
- Goblins are no longer from EVIL biomes. Evil biomes are the Other World creeping into the creation, and goblins belong to the creation. Goblins are savage instead.
- New evil biome creature: a corruptor, a beholder-like one-eyed monster.

I've also added triggers required to meet a race or get a siege to the first post.

Current racial triggers:

Neutral
- Dalesmen: castle builders and townsfolk, a good source of income and protection. Trigger: 20 dwarves.
- Dherim: desert-dwelling slavers, they will bring you curious goods and all possible animals from their menagerie. Trigger: 10000☼ exported wealth.
- Dwarves: your own brothers and sisters, they will send you migrants and trade with you. Trigger: none.
- Nords: strong northern humans, they will trade you during harsh seasons and they love ale as much as dwarves do. Trigger: 20 dwarves.
- Sylvans: children of the forest, they will dislike you for cutting trees and trade a lot of cloth. Trigger: 5000☼ created wealth, 20 dwarves.

Hostile
- Bandits: outlaws, brigands and other filth who will try to become rich by plundering your stashes. Trigger: 2500☼ exported wealth. Siege: 20000☼ exported wealth.
- Goblins: vile barbarians and brigands, they will attack you in big numbers to loot and plunder. Trigger: 5000☼ created wealth, 20 dwarves. Siege: 80 dwarves.
- Fallen: undead creatures which want your lifeforce. Revenants, shamblers, liches and fallen footpads will siege you to gnaw on your bones. Trigger: 5000☼ created wealth, 20 dwarves. Siege: 100000☼ created wealth, 80 dwarves.
- Kensari: a race of nature-lowing hostile centaur raiders. They use good bows and they are large and strong. Trigger: 500☼ exported wealth, 50 dwarves. Siege: 2500☼ exported wealth, 80 dwarves.
- Ratkin: a cowardly race of rat-like beastmen who will try to steal your wealth. Trigger: 20 dwarves. Siege: 80 dwarves.
- Voidwalkers: a race from the other world, coming into the creation to turn it into their playground. They are resistant to weapons but weak to moonsilver. There are 5 castes: banshee, mindflayer, shadowlord, slender, voidmaster, wight. Trigger: 100000☼ created wealth, 80 dwarves. Siege: 300000☼ created wealth, 110 dwarves.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 02:02:53 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 25, 2012, 01:01:06 pm »

Next release will be tomorrow if the night job doesn't kill me :P. I may just pass out when I come home tomorrow, or I may finish the stuff I am working on. It will have dwarven castes and the remaining altars I promised: the altar of nature and the altar of earth, to get druids and geomancers.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 25, 2012, 01:14:17 pm »

Here's some lore I am writing to make the world I am trying to create more understandable. Plumphelmetpunk helped me with the description of the fallen/dalesemen, check it in the game. I will expand the lore when I am not sleepy, because sleepiness kills creativity.

Dalesmen:
  Once there was a Great Empire which spanned the whole world and was immensely strong. However with strength and size comes a corruption, and with a corruption come evil plotters. Their leaders at the time desired the ability to bypass death in order to live forever thus avoiding the eternal slumber. It was this darkness in their hearts which lead them to poison their own King and thus begin a war that would create the Undead Legion. Now the city-states of Dalesmen, a splinter of the former glory, must continue to rebuild while finding a way to fight the evil they allowed into the world.

Undead Knight-lords (Fallen):
  When the Great King was poisoned by Void elixir he died. But his soul came into the Void empowered by the magic of the elixir, so it found its way back and brought other souls with it. They entered their former bodies and woke up from the slumber of death.
  Now fallen are a large group of undead that travel the land claiming all that they come across. Those that fall in battle to their blades will rise again to fight against their former comrades. These Knights are still lead by the fallen heroes of the ancient Dalesmen. Their lust for power has driven them through the ages as they search for a means to share their "immortality" with everyone.

Voidwalkers:
    When the Great Empire realised that their king is an undead lord and what they have done, they tried to make a pact with void speakers, a lonely group of cultists who were leading a reclusive life in the Cavern of Woe. The knights captured their high priests and ordered them to conduct a divination to banish the undeath from the creation.
    The high priest Merrilith tried to explain that the dark magic which keeps the Undead King alive is being channeled from another place where the souls of dead people go and it cannot be simply severed from the creation. In rage the knight lord has beheaded Merilith and declared that if the cultists do not break the tie and do as they are ordered to, they will be all slaughtered. In grim silence the void speakers have conducted a ritual which sealed the channel between the void and the creation, taking the power from the Undead King and killing him in an instant.
    However the dimensional strain started to build up and grow, and after a few years the ties hastily strapped on the pattern of the creation became loose and the void has spilled into the creation, causing the Worldbreak and tainting major regions of the world which became evil and forbidden for living. Strange creatures began to dwell there, and a cruel race of Voidwalkers has crept in our world.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 01:15:51 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Logrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MOD] GENESIS [5.1] - Bandits, voidwalkers and the Void.
« Reply #232 on: October 25, 2012, 02:31:07 pm »

Loving the lore Deon, especially naming an event The Worldbreak.That and the idea of undead trying to share their immortality with the world.
What monstrosities would walk the streets, were peoples faces as unfinished as their minds.

Raul

• Bay Watcher
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 25, 2012, 05:33:33 pm »

Plumphelmetpunk helped me with the description of the fallen/dalesemen.

Does that mean... Oh man, a Genesis 5 LP by the Plumpster himself!? :D
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 01:02:45 am by Raul »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #234 on: October 25, 2012, 08:47:04 pm »

You might want to adjust the trading triggers for your 5 allies a bit. They way it looks they will all arrive from the second your on, which makes it quite easy to get tons of food/cloth/leather at the start.

Do they all have diplomats, so people can order ? I personally think that it would be great to have some that arrive without diplomats, so you dont know what you get, some arrive with diplomats, that way you can order what you want. Another race comes without bodyguards and you have to protect the caravan, and the last one comes very late in the game, with similar triggers as you voidwalkers. High end traders, so to speak.

Just ideas of course. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 25, 2012, 11:46:37 pm »

I actually forgot to include diplomats, thanks for reminding. And I want everything to be accessible first in case there're some problems or freezes. I am afraid of them now :P.

Later I will make nords arrive later.

Hi end traders will be needed when I come up with stuff you can get from caravans only, like rare reagents for special reactions.

Thank you for the feedback!

Raul, I don't think Plump will be doing any DF LP before the next release, but Revocane will stream and record it a lot.

Loving the lore Deon, especially naming an event The Worldbreak.That and the idea of undead trying to share their immortality with the world.
I am happy that the Boss has found it interesting. I would love to see some comics relating to this world :).
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 11:50:26 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Raul

• Bay Watcher
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 26, 2012, 01:07:15 am »

I don't think Plump will be doing any DF LP before the next release.

Yeah, I know. Doesn't hurt to dream though :P

Kon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 26, 2012, 10:13:27 am »

My next fortress will be Genesis 5.x. Playing Masterwork for the first time at the moment. My history of playing mods has been:

Dig Deeper => Civilization Forge => Genesis => Masterwork (DF2 Alpha)

Played several versions of Genesis and looking forward to this one.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 27, 2012, 06:50:30 am »

Currently playing as a (False_wing saga)Bogeyman army in this mod and have to say this lore seem to fit right up my alley in other worldly content.
though looks like it's time to shift over.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 27, 2012, 10:42:35 am »

Shift over? Where to? :)
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 108