Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 108

Author Topic: GEℕESIS Rᶒborℕ [5.43] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk  (Read 322403 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

A... dfhack. That explains a lot. Be sure to include the dfhack script that adds a search function to the trading screen, if you havent already. falconne wrote it a while back.

I also use a custom written dfhck script that scans the gamelog and if it finds special keyword "transformed into a prophet of armok, smiting the whatver with fire" it will run immolate by itself, and other scripts. The elven magic tree runs regrass, growth and such things, instagrowing all plants in farms, or regrowing all trees. Very powerful, therefore very expensive.

How about your "aim catapult" and poison-coverings ? both dfhack as well ?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: < GENESIS > [5.8] - serpentfolk, merfolk, new creatures and beeeeeeees
« Reply #316 on: November 11, 2012, 01:00:12 pm »

- Added creatures for good (magical) areas: beholder, spellbook, fairy dragon.
- Added niths to mountains (small humanoid vermincatchers).
- Tweaked mountain populations a bit to diversify goats.
- Mountain trolls now properly spawn in mountains.
- Added serpentfolk and merfolk races.
- Serpentfolk use a variety of armor and weapons (including some new ones) and have a paralyzing bite. They are savage wetland dwellers.
- Merfolk cannot talk, thus they will attack you very soon. They use very basic weapons and leather armor only. They are pool/river/swamp dwellers.
- Fallen now utter instead of speaking. It makes their names into gibberish, but there's no longer "adopt fallen as civ member, have zombie apocalypse when adventurer arrives into town".
- Added wasps to underground jungle (2nd cavern layer). Now the additional prizes for breaking into 2nd cavern are underground honey and mead.

Now I should rush to work, but tomorrow I will try to work on custom werecreatures and vampires.

Ok, I am confused here... I want the latest and greatest Genesis for Dwarf Fortress.. is it this? I also saw a Genesis 11c version ... What is the latest Genesis that mods the latest version of Dwarf Fortress?
It is the latest version of DF. That one you mentioned is called "oldgenesis" for a reason, it was made for the old version of DF.

How about your "aim catapult" and poison-coverings ? both dfhack as well ?
Yeah, check the dfhack thread, they have that as a script.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

crazz2323

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: November 11, 2012, 05:57:53 pm »

Ok, great. Just making sure. I see no Phobes tileset, just Ironhand, is that discontinued? I saw this http://genesis-mod.webs.com/  but  is there an updated guide on what all the minerals, flora, seeds etc are for?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: November 12, 2012, 12:06:08 am »

That site was for the old version of Genesis 3. I will make a good tutorial, readme and site when I'm at least halfway done with the stuff I want to add. Right now you can refer to the first post for the info, and if something seems strange or unclear you can always ask.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Siaru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: November 12, 2012, 01:31:53 am »

Okay, I'm having some extremely weird happen with adventure mode. I was a dwarf who started out in a nord area with a large amount of hamlets and forts. I decided to go north to greener areas after two quests, and gathering four nord companions. I continued for a long while through tundra in Fast-Travel mode, until I couldn't because of a glacier. So, I started walking normally across the glacier. After about 2 Region-map squares worth of traveling ,things got really weird. One "chunks" worth of the glacier suddenly became a tower of unfrozen water, and froze into a tower of ice in the same turn. It swallowed one of my companions the first time, and also generated another tower infront of me. This lead to a corridor that I could walk through that eventually went around the tower. However, this continued two more times, swallowing up another of my companions, and causing a HUGE amount of lag, that rivaled the massive mega-towns.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: November 12, 2012, 03:06:21 am »

Welcome to glaciers.

When you walk off the end of the world, you will become a seal, a cave spider or something else.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: November 12, 2012, 03:12:02 am »

Welcome to glaciers.

When you walk off the end of the world, you will become a seal, a cave spider or something else.

That was fixed between 34.06 and 34.11, IIRC.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: November 12, 2012, 05:06:02 am »

- Fallen now utter instead of speaking. It makes their names into gibberish, but there's no longer "adopt fallen as civ member, have zombie apocalypse when adventurer arrives into town".
This is a bug you need to fix, since not every town has zombie apocalypses just the ones with fallen near by.

- Merfolk cannot talk, thus they will attack you very soon. = have fun with loads of inpassible town filled with standing mutes or worst elven sites.

oh and on glaciers they kinda do that due to the water under them suddenly unfreezes and causes a chuck of ice to collapse on it self causing the water to splash up and refreeze. though you can combat the walls by throwing minecarts above the 1 z level high wall and get in. though the main challenge is to run past the Collapse those are a pain since if you don't cross the fault line fast enough you will be incase in ice, the fastest way I found is through minecarts though you might want to learn how to drift or take tight turns with it.

on de-equipting companions uhh you could just slap spar on yourself (and the companion) and wrestle the item out of their hands lightly. though I haven't gotten to item management section of my play through due to being stuck in the middle of a frozen ocean with a bear I killed to wear it's inners and skin as clothes... bear okay though and my companion though it tends to fly out of my abandon minecarts and skid across those ice walls to many times to test equipment on.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 05:52:30 am by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: November 12, 2012, 08:21:50 am »

I've got an updated script for companion order due to the next version.

I will probably just remove OPPOSED_TO_LIFE from fallen and give merfolk UTTERANCES. Although nobody complained about not talking werewolves in the old Genesis.

I cannot "fix" the fact that opppsd to life creatures get adopted into other civs during worldgen.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: November 12, 2012, 09:02:06 am »

I've got an updated script for companion order due to the next version.

I will probably just remove OPPOSED_TO_LIFE from fallen and give merfolk UTTERANCES. Although nobody complained about not talking werewolves in the old Genesis.

I cannot "fix" the fact that opppsd to life creatures get adopted into other civs during worldgen.
I was to busy complaining about masterquest having loads of animal men who have no speak, I guess this is set up for Fort mode raids. Though is really horrible in adventure mode when you end up with bunch of huts filled with non talking sentient folks and starting there.
Feel like the fallen during my playthroughs of gen 5 are good they are a force of corrupted beings that attack others and convert them, the fact that they don't start random zombie apocs in towns is a fault. though I really want bogeymen to pop up and working hard to get one in one of these newer versions.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: November 12, 2012, 09:49:49 am »

The problem with those "zombie apocalypses" is that they start loyalty cascades, so I will have to remove them.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: November 12, 2012, 10:27:19 am »

The problem with those "zombie apocalypses" is that they start loyalty cascades, so I will have to remove them.
and having a random chance a town will spark a loyalty cascade is bad? eh the worst I can see from this is jumping in the  fray and being branded a traitor though I can see why people hate to have that happen to a character they work with to lose allegiance because they punch a lich farmer in the face for starting world war z. though I haven't seen a simulated zombie outbreak EVER in dwarf fortress and I played Corrosion. "I guess you could have a separate folder that holds the fallen files that did this and warn people that using this means fallen will pop up in normal hamlets and spark outbreaks and loyalty casades if you interfere."
"body swapping and YOU!"

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: November 12, 2012, 11:50:11 am »

It's not random, EVERY big town has fallen, it means no adventuring in big towns which removes the fun.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: < GENESIS > [5.9] - custom animalmen, construct upgrades, religious revamp.
« Reply #328 on: November 12, 2012, 11:52:48 am »

- Better "companion order" script for adventure mode (alt-C), you can now order your followers to drop held weapons/items without stripping them.

- All religious buildings can be built from the start, no more "revelation tablets" (many people did not understand where to get adamantine tablets etc).
- Religious reactions are changed a bit and renamed for better understanding and lore.
- Rewards from religious reactions are increased, blood path prayers are more dangerous now.
- Druids (both from occult grove and secrets) can cast "empower" now. It increases skills by 10%, adds 50% to strength, toughness, endurance and doubles willpower temporary.

- Started adding RPG-style creatures to different biomes, for both adventure mode and fortress mode fun.
- Added owlbears to forests. They look like bipedal bears with large beak and a feathered colorful mane.
-- Owlbear foragers throw rocks.
-- Owlbear shamans cast "empower".
-- Owlbear scouts can disappear when fleeing.
-- Owlbear hunters are the biggest of all castes.
- Added anubites to deserts. They look like onyx-skinned people with jackal heads.
-- Anubite scavengers throw rocks.
-- Anubite priests throw triple fireballs.
-- Anubite warriors have good dodging and fighting skills.
-- Anubite dunespeakers can disappear in a cloud of sand.
- Added lurkers to wetlands and pools. They are amphibians with spiked fins on their heads.
-- Lurkers can disappear and stay invisible while underwater.
-- Lurkers drop golden nuggets from their gizzards when butchered (they filter sand with their mouths to eat little creatures and gold stays in their gizzards).

- Bears can appear in mountains now (cave bears).

- Added upgrade station.
-- Tinker can now craft flamethrower mounts and power cores (from copper bars, rubies and pitchblende).
-- You can pen/pasture your bronze centurions and utility spiders on upgrade station and order dwarf to attach a power core/flamethrower mount.
-- Power core increases strength and speed of constructs, flamethrower mount allows them to shoot fireballs (spiders shoot slower).

- Merfolk now utter.
- Fallen speak again to gain names and other things, but they are no longer opposed to life to stop loyalty cascades when they get adopted into other civilizations.

I still work on custom vampires, werebeasts, succubi and other fun cursed creatures. So much work to do :P.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 11:57:01 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I finally start to like where my mod is going. I feel like the creatures like owlbears which spawn in groups with different professions/names and abilities add a lot of fun and possibilities. I will definitely work in that direction.

I just have some trouble coming up with interesting english unique names for such creatures. If someone wants to suggest different kinds of animalmen and similar creatures with interesting names, I would be most grateful.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 108