Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 108

Author Topic: GEℕESIS Rᶒborℕ [5.43] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk  (Read 322606 times)

Big_James_B

• Bay Watcher
  • Veteran Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Ragnar? Like Ragnar the Red? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMMm7T9C790

Nope, mine comes from an example encounter in the old 2nd edition AD&D; but since Ragnar is a Nordic name...
So far he's killed a vampire single-handedly and a demonica (?).
I think I am going crazy. I start to understand and actually follow Rumrusher along with his ideas...

dirty foot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is there a way to use this with the Lazy Newb Pack?
No, everything is customized, LNP would break tiles/graphics/other things. Why would you want to? If you want some customization, I can tell you how.
I appreciate the insane response time, and the offer, but I was really leaning more on the lazy part than the knowing. I assume all the stuff in the options of LNP can be modded in the raws? For me, it really boils down to population caps (children, mostly) and aquifers.

Since I have you here, Deon, are there any plans to expand your mod like the Masterwork one (or merge the two)? I absolutely love the work you do (I mostly play adventure), but I like some of the ideas that Meph has in his/her mod for DF Mode. For example, making all clothing have an armor value really alleviates one of the most irritating things in the game (decaying clothing). Also, armored pets sounds pretty cool. I'll be honest, I've only actually read about the things that the Masterwork mod has; yours is the only one I've used (again, adventuring rules). Occasionally though, I get that itch to build a fortress (and pillage it with my adventurer later, lol), and a lot of the Masterwork reactions look cool.

I hope I'm not out of line in asking or bringing any of this up.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Aquifers are a bit more difficult, but pop caps and such are in the data/init files.

Masterwork is the exact opposite of this mod in terms of adventure mode. It's pretty neglected. However, advfort has kind of alleviated this. Kind of. Everyone is still naked because of the armor level thing you mentioned.

Big_James_B

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Neglected? If I remember correctly the ctrl+a attacks were pretty fleshed out.
Yeah just checked. Although the crafting and such isnt tht great, having different attacks is nice. Although they are kind of easy to do.
I think I am going crazy. I start to understand and actually follow Rumrusher along with his ideas...

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Yeah just checked. Although the crafting and such isnt tht great, having different attacks is nice. Although they are kind of easy to do.

They're not fleshed out, they're horribly unbalanced. You only need two: "runs through" and "whirls around with outstretcged (sic) arms". Those were made for more variability in fort mode. In adventure mode, it becomes a horribly unbalanced mess that is too easy to win in.

Big_James_B

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I never used the whirl around attack, and I only ran through when I was sure I could slay my target.

dirty foot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aquifers are a bit more difficult, but pop caps and such are in the data/init files.

Masterwork is the exact opposite of this mod in terms of adventure mode. It's pretty neglected. However, advfort has kind of alleviated this. Kind of. Everyone is still naked because of the armor level thing you mentioned.
I'm really looking for something that takes the best of both worlds (DF/Adv) and mashes them together. Genesis seems to be working in that direction, which is awesome; I'm just childishly impatient.

I also didn't realize the clothing problem persisted. It wouldn't be so annoying if there were a better way of stockpiling old clothing. Right now, I have to use a macro to dump or sell it all. I guess it sounds like some first world problems, but it really kills the immersion to spend so much time telling my dwarfs to throw their old cloths away and to pick up their new ones.

Big_James_B

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If they don't know how to change clothes - let them suffer.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

I never used the whirl around attack, and I only ran through when I was sure I could slay my target.

Try the whirl attack. It bisects humans.

Anyway, the clothing works in dorf mode, just not adventure mode.

Big_James_B

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Question Deon - is there meant to be "special" adv. world gen profiles?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Is there a way to use this with the Lazy Newb Pack?
No, everything is customized, LNP would break tiles/graphics/other things. Why would you want to? If you want some customization, I can tell you how.
I appreciate the insane response time, and the offer, but I was really leaning more on the lazy part than the knowing. I assume all the stuff in the options of LNP can be modded in the raws? For me, it really boils down to population caps (children, mostly) and aquifers.

Since I have you here, Deon, are there any plans to expand your mod like the Masterwork one (or merge the two)? I absolutely love the work you do (I mostly play adventure), but I like some of the ideas that Meph has in his/her mod for DF Mode. For example, making all clothing have an armor value really alleviates one of the most irritating things in the game (decaying clothing). Also, armored pets sounds pretty cool. I'll be honest, I've only actually read about the things that the Masterwork mod has; yours is the only one I've used (again, adventuring rules). Occasionally though, I get that itch to build a fortress (and pillage it with my adventurer later, lol), and a lot of the Masterwork reactions look cool.

I hope I'm not out of line in asking or bringing any of this up.
All those settings are in init files, not raws.
It's kinda funny how you want to merge Genesis and Masterwork, because Masterwork started with Genesis + a few other mods, it was one of the first things Meph merged in ^^.

Question Deon - is there meant to be "special" adv. world gen profiles?
You could TRY to increase the amount of semi/megabeasts for more fun, but they are already quite high because I've customized them, and you may end with dead worlds. Just play on medium-to-big maps to have enough stuff to do (usually medium is more than enough for a hundred of adventurers :P).

He meant that Meph could not care less about adventure mode, he just merged some stuff in and left it as it is. He's considering this game to be RTS more than roguelike, and I can understand him. I, on the other hand, adore adventure mode and find it immensively cute, so I always spend time trying to make it funnier, balancing encounter rates, addings sounds for animals, tweaking crafting to fit the new advfort et cetera.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 02:55:25 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Big_James_B

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No - I meant like the "real world" for Fallout. The vamps I've killed seem a tad vanilla strength so far.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

It means they were young. In Genesis vampires can still gain stats and skills (so it's much better to become one than in vanilla), so with time they become beasts.

Lamia are like vanilla vampires, they are stuck with their stats/skills, but they get a big speed boost.

Demoniacs are like possessed people, so nothing too dangerous.

Succubi are not as strong but very agile.

No - I meant like the "real world" for Fallout. The vamps I've killed seem a tad vanilla strength so far.
Ah, no "shaped" worlds yet, although I've planned to make some using Cephalo's utilities. Now when you ask about it, it may be time.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Big_James_B

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Succubi are not as strong but very agile.

Obviously not agile enough to avoid my head decapitating blow.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Hmm, maybe it's time to make vampires stronger, closer in deadliness to The Thing from Fallout mod? :D
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 108