Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 108

Author Topic: GEℕESIS Rᶒborℕ [5.43] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk  (Read 322616 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Heyo. Long time lurker, first time poster. I loved the idea of the advfort, so I just had to try it. Running into some problems though, thought maybe someone in this thread could tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I successfully made my initial tools just fine, chopped down a tree, and was going to start getting ready to do some digging, but I wanted to get some supplies ready first. Problem is, every time I try to gather plants, nothing happens. I'm sitting on top of a prickle berry bush, and pressing alt+num5 like it said to in the manual, but nothing happens. I tried waiting in place, but again, nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a step I missed? Is the solution staring me in the face and I just missed it? Halp? =D
Nah, the problem is, to work on YOUR tile, you just need to press JUST numpad 5. Did I write Alt+numpad5? Alt is just for directions. It's my fault then, gonna fix it for the next manual version.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Sefarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And the prickle berries are now in the palm of my hand~.

Thanks for clarification on that.

rosareven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are you sure you are playing my mod? :D
I installed CLA "standalone" package into your mod. That must have messed it up. Will edit this post later after I reinstall Genesis.

EDIT: Yeah just realised CLA standalone package replaces some object raw that messes up crafting menu. Now I feel dumb. The "make wooden tool" options in carpenter workshop is gone too.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 03:10:31 pm by rosareven »

Ragnarock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So Deon, is there any chance you'll release this mod with a launcher? Like lazy newb or masterwork. Or maybe I'm missing something? Cuz I can't find the launcher anywhere, it starts the game and dfhack right away.

And btw, couldn't find it in the manual or first post - what's the difference between vagabonds, treasure hunters and dalesmen? They seem to not build civ sites, and have no natural abilities, so I'm confused.

Holy shit, I just noticed it's 5.21 already. Been playing 5.18 for the past month... downloading!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 04:49:19 am by Ragnarock »
Dabbling Overseer

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What would having a launcher achieve. Masterwork has one for its options. LNP for the utility. when you run Genesis dfhack runs with it and their is nothing else needed
also try the big blue line of text under the picture

Also Dalesman are your basic Human Civ and Treasure hunters and vagabonds are a custom class saught of thing read the OP
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 07:09:58 am by sackhead »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Sackhead summed it up. Dalesmen are former Keepers from oldGenesis. They build castles, wear knight armor and are basically medieval landlords. You can read their Lore in the first post.

Magicians, vagabonds, treasure hunters, barbarians and necromancers are all "classes" for adventure mode with tweaked skill learn rates, custom abilities and stats.

I maintain 3 mods currently, so writing a custom launcher is a possibility, but adding more features to mods and writing manuals is a top priority, right? :D

Also Masterwork HAS to have a launcher (it combines too many mods, so people may want to tweak what they want), but in case of Genesis, it's my mind's little baby, set up how I see it right, so I don't know why would you want to toggle features OFF. Would you cut off fingers of your baby? :D
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 08:06:25 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

Is it just me, or is it designed this way? I can't seem to find the Metalsmith's Forge workshop for AdvFort, so I can't craft weapons from materials that I smelted.

Oh, and minor text bug: The craft an anvil reaction for ADV mode has the same name as the Make a Pick one.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Wait, haven't I fixed that one? Derp. I've fixed them on my end but I guess I haven't uploaded the fix yet. Thanks, I will do it at once.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

Mhmm. I guess I'll be waiting for the bug fixes. ;D

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Yep, it's just a minor typo. Another problem was with the forge (and glass furnace, and wood furnace). Advfort script for some reason requires you to type their names differently from other workshops, so they were not read correctly. I've just figured out how to fix that, thank you for the report. I will fix it now.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

- Fix: adventure mode rock anvil reaction.
- Fix: adventure mode metalsmith forge, glass furnace and wood furnace creation.
- Fix: alchemical still is called alchemical lab.
- Add: ability to make fire/inferno/webbing blocks in alchemical lab (for catapults).
- Add: adventurers can carve spellstaves from a bone and a cut gem.
- Add: adventurers can conjure spellbolts for spellstaves from cut gems.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

Awesome work, Deon!  8)

Time to download the sh*t outta this.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Discontinued
« Reply #822 on: March 31, 2013, 03:55:58 pm »

Wait, discontinued?! What happened oh April 1st.
Or not...ah well. Twas good while it lasted.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: March 31, 2013, 04:02:23 pm »

Wait, discontinued?! What happened oh April 1st.
Or not...ah well. Twas good while it lasted.
I am very tempted to say that he is trolling us, or was hacked. T'was a bit too sudden. Can we get clarification?

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: March 31, 2013, 04:04:51 pm »

Indeed. I'm rethinking my response.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 108