Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 108

Author Topic: GEℕESIS Rᶒborℕ [5.43] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk  (Read 320911 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: [MOD] GENESIS [5.2] - Druids, bronze centurions, copper spiders and fixes.
« Reply #255 on: November 01, 2012, 12:07:57 am »

A bit of lore for dwarves.

Dwarves:
Dwarves are an ancient race, born by the mountain itself. All dwarves used to live in a huge mountainhome and were a mythical race to most living. They were hardy workers and defenders and there were thousands of them, living in harmony and digging the stone like ants in a huge ant mound. They almost never left their mountain and avoided contacts with any outside races.
When the Worldbreak happened, dwarven elders decided to seal off their Mountainhome from the outside world completely and move into depths, closer to the warmth of the mother earth. That was the doom of the grand settlement.
Hardy miners discovered shining rocks which they could barely chip with their pickaxes. Upon further examination it appeared to be an ore of extremely strong and light metal, and the greed was born. Here and there dwarves were digging around like mad, trying to find more of the precious ore they called adamantine. However one day the pick hit an adamantine vein and it sounded like the vein was hollow...
After the fall of the grand mountainhome small groups of dwarven migrants fled into the outside world, terrified and lost. They formed new kingdoms which were nowhere close to the cradle of the civilization. The name of the place was itself forbidden and forgotten, and new fortresses were named by combining random names to avoid any possibility of the recreation of the cursed name. Now it's in the hands of dwarves to rebuild that which was lost and find a new future.

Now I am halfway done with graphics, so expect a graphical version soon.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 12:40:55 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 01, 2012, 12:34:10 am »

i love it
nicely done and a little bit funny

Slax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 01, 2012, 02:34:08 am »

Here you'll find some somewhat obscure fantasy plant life, just in case you ever feel the need to add some more, Deon.
Tree people too. Good for the future DF update, I imagine. :)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: [MOD] GENESIS [5.3] - Ironhand, dogs and sauna.
« Reply #258 on: November 02, 2012, 02:21:40 pm »

- First graphical release (icons are present for civilized creatures only). Ironhand tileset.
- Dark shrine no longer requires obsidian statues/blocks, any will work now.
- Common "dogs" are no more.
- New domestic creature: hound. Fast and natural sneaker.
- New domestic creature: mastiff. Good biting and doging skills, bigger size.
- New cavern creature: pekyt. A jelly animal which can be milked for yoghurt.
- Sauna vent/magma sauna vent. Operate it to create sauna steam which increases toughness, disease resistance and recuperation of dwarves.

I will upload 5.4 once I am done assigning and making tiles for non-civ creatures. Right now they are letters.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: [MOD] GENESIS [5.4] - deep furnace, sawmill and furniture workshop.
« Reply #259 on: November 02, 2012, 04:03:16 pm »

I forgot that I haven't added alchemy system to Genesis 5 yet, so here's something for you to get the special metals. And a little furniture bonus.

- Added deep furnace; it requires magma.
- Added mithril.
- Deep furnace: smelt iron, coal, flux and bauxite to make bloodsteel.
- Deep furnace: smelt silver, coal and flux to make moonsilver.
- Deep furnace: smelt iron, aluminum, silver, coal and flux to make raw mithril.
- Deep furnace: smelt iron, coal, flux and obsidian to make voidsteel.
- Raw mithril can be transformed into threads and wafers (like adamantine) for mithril metal objects and mithril cloth.
- Added sawmill, it saws one log into two blocks.
- Added furniture workshop, it makes dining, office and bedroom sets from blocks.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #260 on: November 02, 2012, 04:10:56 pm »

Isnt Bauxite a real life source for aluminum ?  Or did you just take it for its color ?

- Added sawmill, it saws one log into two blocks.
Maybe 4 blocks, considering that 1 rock also gives 4 blocks...
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 02, 2012, 04:22:02 pm »

I thoght about 2 or 3, 4 would be too cheap for furniture :).
I took bauxite for color (and rarity), as I said I plan a better alchemy system with animal reagents, but it's not done yet, so the current method was to provide access to those metals in a proper way.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #262 on: November 02, 2012, 04:35:19 pm »

The wooden blocks cant be used for furniture, only for constructions, walls, floors, fortifications...
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 02, 2012, 04:41:14 pm »

They can, in the furniture workshop.

- Added furniture workshop, it makes dining, office and bedroom sets from blocks.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 03, 2012, 03:25:00 am »

Oh hey, it looks like LFR has voidwalkers. I must have seen it some time before and later thought that I "invented" it. I will revise it, I wrote a sorry message in LFR thread :D.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

fire1666

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 03, 2012, 03:51:56 am »

Oh hey, it looks like LFR has voidwalkers. I must have seen it some time before and later thought that I "invented" it. I will revise it, I wrote a sorry message in LFR thread :D.
Dude i dont know what narhiril's opinion is on it...
But personaly if there where more mods with voidwalkers that could only meen one thing, that being that they are able to use OUR forums to appear inside OUR raw files...
Meening ONLY ONE THING
LFR has created a monstor that we could not possibly fathome the EPIC adn AWESOME for...

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 03, 2012, 04:54:14 am »

Well it not like there in WC3/WoW, Nexus Wars, Darksiders , etc and aren't they basically Cthulhu mythos Star-spawn/D&D Mind Flayers?
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 03, 2012, 06:13:42 am »

Here they are basically illithids, slender men, banshee and a few other castes; basically the manifestation of human fears.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 06, 2012, 11:12:58 am »

I've finally finished dwarven castes, so a new release will be today soon.

On regular basis dwarves learn skills at 50% rate now (combat skills at 125-150% rate because the mod is dangerous), however castes have bonuses to appropriate skills to fight it. Profession specialization by caste will be important, and there won't be as many legendary dwarves in your fort.

* 'Stone clan' dwarves are the most frequent caste of the mountain dwellers. They have thick skin and muscles and they almost lack pain receptors in these tissues. Also their bones are hard and heal quickly, so the frequent cave ins they cause are not a big deal for them. They are usually proficient miners, architects, engravers, jewelers and stoneworkers.

* 'Jade clan' dwarves often take roles of nobles and scholars because of their natural disposition to noble arts and medical skills. They become great doctors and accountants, however drafting them in army is a mistake.

* 'Clay clan' dwarves are known for their crafty hands, hospitality and friendliness. They love to work, to tend to plants and to cook. They become good crafters and farmers.

* 'Steel clan' dwarves are a rare caste, they are usually strong and agile and master combat arts quickly. They are immune to most diseases and ailments, and even some wizards cannot do anything to these stubborn dwarves.

* 'Shroom clan' dwarves are lazy bastards who will unlikely become important no matter what they do. They learn skills slowly, however they are cheerful idiots who can stay happy in most situations. They are usually used as haulers because they don't complain about heavy cargo or wet tunnels.

* 'Obsidian clan' dwarves are natural smiths and furnace operators. They learn these professions quickly and soon become legendary weaponsmiths and furnacers if assigned to the task.

* 'Dark clan' dwarves are touched by the corruption. They don't grow beards and have four tentacles on their face instead. They are often shun by other castes, but they tend to find a way with beasts and animals, thus becoming good animal trainers and trappers.

* 'Deep clan' dwarves are as sturdy as stone dwarves and prefer to live deep underground. They lack stone dwarves proficiency in stonecrafting, however they become great miners and furnace operators. While they can still get ill, they learned to resist most forgotten beast syndromes.

If you think that there definitely should be another caste which I missed, please suggest.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 11:17:43 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

at10ti0n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 06, 2012, 01:54:00 pm »

All looks nice dennis :) just give us the Steel clan dworfs already so that Revo can pimp up his army ;)

btw thanks for the great work you put on genesis reborn version!
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 108